Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6774|Moscow, Russia

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2013/mar/06/james-steele-america-iraq-video

incredible.

rdx: "not imperialism". lol. "just business interests". this is fucking deluded.
it's been totally self-contradictory from the very beginning. "business interests" observed by destroying anyone who doesn't allow himself to be bought - that's a new one.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6670|UK
I dont believe Jay is a joo hater but he did once call poseidon a dirty fucking jew (in a anti semitism thread of all places) UTL actually pointed out the irony amongst his rofl'ing.

Also Mac Vs Jay is amusing i enjoy it.  Ken you can piss off.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

m3thod wrote:

I dont believe Jay is a joo hater but he did once call poseidon a dirty fucking jew (in a anti semitism thread of all places) UTL actually pointed out the irony amongst his rofl'ing.

Also Mac Vs Jay is amusing i enjoy it.  Ken you can piss off.
That was a joke.

I like Jewish people in general, and have a lot of Jewish friends, but the clannishness grates on me some (Poseidon's obsession with Natalie Portman because she was Jewish being one example, jdate being another), as well as some of the idiosyncrasies (a lot around here have a very strong nouveau riche vibe with all the boorishness that comes with that, but they were dirt poor when they arrived so it's expected somewhat). The same could be said for a lot of people of Italian descent around here too though.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253
jay maybe you hate them because you see an unsavory part of yourself in them? "dirt poor when they arrived" into "making it nouveau riche" style sounds an awful lot like your ideal, romanticized trajectory through life.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

jay maybe you hate them because you see an unsavory part of yourself in them? "dirt poor when they arrived" into "making it nouveau riche" style sounds an awful lot like your ideal, romanticized trajectory through life.
Nah.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Judge invalidates New York City's ban on large sugary drinks; ban had been scheduled to take effect tomorrow. Judge says sugar drink limit "illegal" Judge finds ban to be arbitrary and capricious
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-03-1 … it-illegal
Fuck you Bloomberg!
-Frederick Bastiat
13/f/taiwan
+940|5698
he lost against the beverage companies but managed to take on the tobacco and fast food industry.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

A victory for freedom and the obese.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

And for the beverage industry that spends billions of dollars to recruit consumers from the moment they are able to process an ad. Oh, but it is up to the individual to exercise self-restraint when dealing with a legal, addictive substance pushed harder than crack to a dope fiend.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

And for the beverage industry that spends billions of dollars to recruit consumers from the moment they are able to process an ad. Oh, but it is up to the individual to exercise self-restraint when dealing with a legal, addictive substance pushed harder than crack to a dope fiend.
You don't have self control?
-Frederick Bastiat
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6736|Oxferd Ohire
it's easy to ask for water
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Last I checked you're the one that's a bit overweight. But pretending that it all just comes down to self restraint is just simplifying the problem. Companies spend billions of dollars advertising and analyzing how to best separate you from that self-restraint. They aren't losing.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Last I checked you're the one that's a bit overweight. But pretending that it all just comes down to self restraint is just simplifying the problem. Companies spend billions of dollars advertising and analyzing how to best separate you from that self-restraint. They aren't losing.
I rarely drink soda or eat fast food. When I see a McDonald's commercial it doesn't make me want a Big Mac. DVR and adblock plus kill commercials in general.

But anyway, that's not the point. Bloomberg doesn't have, nor should he have, the right to tell people how to live their lives. Anyone who says otherwise is a moron because none of us are perfect, and we'd get pissed off if someone followed us around pointing out all of our flaws and forcing us to correct them. Bloomberg was born the wrong sex, because he'd make a perfect stereotypical Jewish mother henpecking the lot of us.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253
jay you are being stupid as fuck. it's obvious that the popular culture and everyday experience for young children is heavily corparatised and advert-rich. when you grow up in a culture where the coca cola logo is all pervasive, the stuff becomes a casual background item, and is not thought about twice. "adblock plus eliminates advertising" is fucking dumb in the extreme. ken's point is that advertising agencies and major corporates in general have devoted about 4 decades' worth and hundreds of millions of dollars into psychology-based research that aims precisely to lodge the products inconspicuously in the psyche of young people: get them consuming/buying young, and it soon becomes a norm/repeat custom. seeing the number of sporting and popular events that carry heavy sponsorship, it's clear that this stuff is getting disseminated - if even only in name/logo recognition - to lots of people, from a very young age.

and i don't have a problem with bloomberg legislating against unhealthy eating/drinking. if you have an obesity problem, why presume people are rational and intelligent enough to 'know better'? the common lay person is dumb as fuck. en masse, they are basically automatons. you have to legislate these things for the same reason you have to make it illegal to drive without a seat-belt. people are stupid. they act against their best-interest, in myriad numbers of ways, every single day.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-03-11 15:56:37)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
They weren't banning advertising, they were selectively limiting the beverage size that adults were able to buy in places like restaurants and movie theaters.
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

Of the all the things to say about Bloomberg you have to call him a stereotypical Jew. You have Jew issues.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

j
and i don't have a problem with bloomberg legislating against unhealthy eating/drinking. if you have an obesity problem, why presume people are rational and intelligent enough to 'know better'? the common lay person is dumb as fuck. en masse, they are basically automatons. you have to legislate these things for the same reason you have to make it illegal to drive without a seat-belt. people are stupid. they act against their best-interest, in myriad numbers of ways, every single day.
You're a moron. You really are. People in general are much smarter than you give them credit for. The last thing on earth we need is a Plato-style Republic where the elites manage the lives of the 'inferior classes'. Fuck that. Just because you don't believe in the life choices that others make doesn't make them stupid. You of all people should understand that since you get so pissy whenever someone picks at your life decisions here.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

Of the all the things to say about Bloomberg you have to call him a stereotypical Jew. You have Jew issues.
He is a stereotypical Jew.
-Frederick Bastiat
Roc18
`
+655|5790|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
The Government shouldn't attempt to control how much food I eat or have available to me. If people want to eat unhealthily that's their fucking choice, not the governments.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253

Jay wrote:

They weren't banning advertising, they were selectively limiting the beverage size that adults were able to buy in places like restaurants and movie theaters.
no one is saying they are trying to ban advertising. seems to me he is trying to push a drastic measure to solve a problem that isn't being solved any time soon through people exercising their intelligence and free will.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

no one is saying they are trying to ban advertising. seems to me he is trying to push a drastic measure to solve a problem that isn't being solved any time soon through people exercising their intelligence and free will.
We have thousands of out of work liberal arts grads in the city too. Should they put quotas on liberal arts programs?
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

Roc18 wrote:

The Government shouldn't attempt to control how much food I eat or have available to me. If people want to eat unhealthily that's their fucking choice, not the governments.
As long as I pay for your fatness through increased health costs and insurance premiums, you bet your morbidly obese ass I want the government to tell fat fucks to slow their jelly roll.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

As long as I pay for your fatness through increased health costs and insurance premiums, you bet your morbidly obese ass I want the government to tell fat fucks to slow their jelly roll.
A) I'm not obese and B) You aren't paying for jack shit so suck a dick.
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

Jay wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

We have thousands of out of work liberal arts grads in the city too. Should they put quotas on liberal arts programs?
You know how stupid that analogy is, right?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

You know how stupid that analogy is, right?
Why is it stupid? They're living on unemployment benefits, and/or medicaid and welfare, or working minimum wage jobs that don't provide health coverage. Who pays the bill when they get sick or hurt or default on their student loans? If you want to make it about public costs, then it's just as valid as saying that people should have the size of their beverage limited.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard