coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6716|England. Stoke
You have to keep your old ones as you get to the high tiers to keep making credits.
My current garage:
Tetrach - Premium
Matilda - Elite
M4A2E4 - Premium
PZIV - Elite
Cromwell - Elite
Comet
Churchill VII - Will probably keep (about 7000 xp away from Black Prince)
GW Panther
E-75 - Elite
T-54 - 20000xp needed for T-62
Object 704

Just sold an M4A3E8 might buy the T-20 when I have more credits. Have 2 spare garage slots.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6723|Riva, MD
JagdPanther
Tiger II
M10 Wolverine - My money maker
Panzer IV - Somehow still a money maker even after they removed the L70 but I'm probably gonna get rid of it soon to use the crew for a 3001P
A13 Covenantor
Hummel that I barely ever play
BDR G1B - My other money maker that I haven't been playing much lately, might just sell it and keep going up the heavy line
S-35 CA - Something of a money maker with the low velocity 105mm cannon it has
Tetrarch and T-127 that I also rarely play but keep because they're limited edition and you can sometimes have pretty fun games with both of them

Tier Vs make good money makers, lol

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-12-02 09:05:32)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6716|England. Stoke
Tetrarch is awesome with it's op gun and speed, especially when you're mainly playing against noobs in stock tier 1 and 2's
Tetrarch:
461 battles 57% win ratio
866 kills (9 most in battle)
28 top guns
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6196|Canada

M3 Lee
T14 - Premium
M18 - elite
Panzer IV
SAu-40
AMX-105AM
Churchill - Premium
KV-1S - elite
IS
SU-100

Mostly play my KV-1S or AMX105AM.  Started M3 Lee to get higher up in that branch. Really dislike the SAu-40 but I want the S35-CA
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4202|Oklahoma
Is the GW Panther any good?  I've been wondering if I should bother continuing up the SPG line after I got into my Grille.  I can absolutely rape in the SturmIII, but once I got into the Grille with that long reaching gun, I noticed it became incredibly difficult to actually get a bead on someone.  I can only rationalize that the higher you go in tier, the harder it gets to actually hit someone.  Also, I've noticed in lower tier battles, SPGs routinely have 3-5 kills, whereas in the higher tier battles with GW Panthers and Tigers you rarely see them kill anything.  So yeah, wondering if I should even bother.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6716|England. Stoke
GW Panther is pretty dam good, tier 5/6 arties are about the best. The Grille can be a pain in the arse, as you say it misses a lot, but once you get to Hummel and the best gun for that you'll do much better, then basically with the Panther (with top gun) you get a much harder hitting, more accurate faster aiming gun (and the shells still only cost the same as they did on the Hummel), combine that with it's "turret" and its probably one of the best arty's.
And you do do get kills, I can one shot a lot of things (900-1500 dmg if you penetrate) I ones shotted a Jgdpanther earlier about 20 seconds into a game after a scout rushed and I landed a shot square on his engine deck.
The main reason you don't seem to see many higher tier arty's getting lots of kills is that they fire at something do a lot of dmg and by the time they've reloaded the target has either been killed by something else, moved into cover or has such low health that it's not worth wasting another shell on.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4202|Oklahoma

coke wrote:

GW Panther is pretty dam good, tier 5/6 arties are about the best. The Grille can be a pain in the arse, as you say it misses a lot, but once you get to Hummel and the best gun for that you'll do much better, then basically with the Panther (with top gun) you get a much harder hitting, more accurate faster aiming gun (and the shells still only cost the same as they did on the Hummel), combine that with it's "turret" and its probably one of the best arty's.
And you do do get kills, I can one shot a lot of things (900-1500 dmg if you penetrate) I ones shotted a Jgdpanther earlier about 20 seconds into a game after a scout rushed and I landed a shot square on his engine deck.
The main reason you don't seem to see many higher tier arty's getting lots of kills is that they fire at something do a lot of dmg and by the time they've reloaded the target has either been killed by something else, moved into cover or has such low health that it's not worth wasting another shell on.
I see.  Thanks for the explanation.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6196|Canada

Victory!
Battle: Airfield Sunday, December 02, 2012 6:45:41 PM
Vehicle: IS
Experience received: 1,067
Credits received: 50,682
Battle Achievements: Reaper, Master Gunner, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

+70% income on the IS is good,  going for the KV-3 at 50% off atm.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6723|Riva, MD
They're making the Lowe even bigger now in 8.2 for "historical accuracy".  The designers clearly have some serious problems and need to grow up and realize nerfing a tank because you don't like the country in real life is what a child would do if a child could design a game
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5043|Massachusetts, USA
Its a heavy tank that makes boatloads of credits, win or lose. How is making it slightly larger a nerf?

Just got the 4502B, its kind of annoying having the turret on the rear, but bouncing 155mm and 152mm AT shells is very nice.

Cant wait until i have the maus gun.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6720|Purplicious Wisconsin

_j5689_ wrote:

They're making the Lowe even bigger now in 8.2 for "historical accuracy".  The designers clearly have some serious problems and need to grow up and realize nerfing a tank because you don't like the country in real life is what a child would do if a child could design a game
I love it when they use realism as an excuse to change things, meanwhile there are other tanks with unrealistic stats.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6778|PNW

Still needs some https://i.imgur.com/MKPK8.jpg
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6723|Riva, MD
New patch is out.  I LOVE the new echo effects for distant guns

Supposedly fallen trees count as camo now but they still don't seem to bring up the white lines as though you were hidden behind a bush.  And on that topic, no more foliage/vegetation lag either when zoomed in now, like literally none, it's incredible how much they optimized it
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6716|England. Stoke
Yeah new patch has been good
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4202|Oklahoma
I've like it as well with the exception of it breaking XVM.

Also, 20k exp away from IS-8.  Gonna be sweet.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5043|Massachusetts, USA
7k from the t110e4.
20k from is-3.

Got my black prince a bit ago. Such a fun tank. Its slow with a rapid fire gun. But man it can out shoot tier 8s like nothing.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4202|Oklahoma
Get a TOGII.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6723|Riva, MD

Extra Medium wrote:

Get a TOGII.
Yeah I was just gonna say, the TOGII sounds pretty much exactly like a Black Prince, probably doesn't have quite as good of a gun or armor though but it's a prem of the same style
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6716|England. Stoke

UnkleRukus wrote:

7k from the t110e4.
20k from is-3.

Got my black prince a bit ago. Such a fun tank. Its slow with a rapid fire gun. But man it can out shoot tier 8s like nothing.
Yeah Black Prince is awesome especially when you get it angled just right and you can just sit there bouncing shell after shell, whilst firing back at twice the rof and penetrating lol.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4202|Oklahoma

_j5689_ wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Get a TOGII.
Yeah I was just gonna say, the TOGII sounds pretty much exactly like a Black Prince, probably doesn't have quite as good of a gun or armor though but it's a prem of the same style
It's not.  It's terrible.  It's an in-game idiot indicator.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6716|England. Stoke
Umm check this out guys:
http://ftr-wot.blogspot.cz/2013/03/how- … on-84.html

I've invested just under a million credits hope it pays of lol.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6196|Canada

hummm interesting.  ill see how much i can afford.  Hope it doesn't change haha.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6716|England. Stoke

Phatmatt wrote:

hummm interesting.  ill see how much i can afford.  Hope it doesn't change haha.
Don't do it!!!
I just found out they changed it, if you buy them now they have changed so that you will just get your money back you wont make any profit.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6196|Canada

Damn you WG !!!!!! 
Good thing I didn't have time to buy them!
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6716|England. Stoke
Birthday weekend specials.
Expecting lots of frustration due to high numbers of noobs...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard