Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6445|Foothills of S. Carolina

I am in need of a new cell phone. Finally going to go the route of a smart phone and want some input. I have researched some, and have been using a Kin 2M windows phone, so I am kind of leaning towards a new windows phone. Out of these two, would a Droid RAZR M (android) or a Nokia Lumia 822 (windows) phone be the better way to go?

Thanks for the input.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

my wife has the razor maxx, pretty much gets 2 days worth between recharge. i don't know about windows phones - if they are anything like internet explorer, run away
Canin

What do you use to transfer music and photos to and from on an Android phone? I am used to using Zune for my current phone, which would be one reason to stay with a Windows phone.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

i just asked - neither my wife or i put music on our phones. she's got some godawful ring tones, i have an ipod mini.

i do like the data connection, but usually use wifi (good connections at work and home).

i guess the zune is dead in the water? any android phone will play mp3's if you use google music, i just use debug mode and drag n drop files between my phone and PC.
Canin

Well, just figured out through a little more research that apparently Windows Phone 8 does not support Zune... leaning more towards that Razr M by the minute.

Anyone got any other phones worth looking at, with the exception of iPhones?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
Who's your service provider?

Before I got my iPhone 5, I was considering the HTC One X+ for AT&T.  For $200, it comes with a massive 64GB of internal memory, a quad-core 1.7GHz processor and Near Field Communication if you give a shit that stuff.  The reviews look pretty good on it too, it doesn't seem to have awful battery life like so many other Droids do from what I read
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

the HTC One X isnt a Motorola Droid.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
He asked about other phones worth looking at in his last post
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

you said the HTC One X has good battery life compared to other Droids. Droid is a Motorola brand name. Android is the OS they run on. Your comparison didnt make sense and I was correcting you
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

samsung has nice droid phones.

correct that!
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya

Winston_Churchill wrote:

you said the HTC One X has good battery life compared to other Droids. Droid is a Motorola brand name. Android is the OS they run on. Your comparison didnt make sense and I was correcting you
Yes Droid is not the collective name for phones that run android, however Motorola is not the only company that uses the droid name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droid

On topic: If you're into windows phone then it might be worth checking out the HTC 8X. Depending on what specs you want and what size of phone you like the Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC One X, Sony Experia Z and HTC Droid DNA are also worth checking out.

I'm very happy with my GS3 4G so far.
Canin

I am currently using Verizon Wireless. I was originally interested in the Galaxy S2, but its no longer available, and I dont have the funds for the S3.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

i had the S2 before, it was a company issued phone. loved it. if the S3 is that much better, i would get that. i currently have a stratosphere, because i can't type on a touchscreen.

i'm on verizon, i don't know what a dropped call is.
Canin

Yeah, thats another thing. I really like the slide out keyboard. Ive read mixed reviews on the Stratosphere keyboard. How is it?
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6624

Canin wrote:

What do you use to transfer music and photos to and from on an Android phone? I am used to using Zune for my current phone, which would be one reason to stay with a Windows phone.
Galaxy S3 was/is my first Android phone, and it is so, so much better than using an iPhone IMO.

Moving music/pictures/whatever to it is as easy as plugging it into your PC and dragging the files over into the proper folder (it can be accessed simply like any removable drive, and there are folders named in straightforward fashion... "Music", "Photos", etc.). It will simply sync for a minute, and then you are good to go - pull up the music player or photo viewer, and everything you added will now be visible.

I shouldn't assume that other Android phones operate in the same fashion, but my guess is they are pretty comparable.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
I have a HTC One X, and a few friends do, too.

No issues, other than the headphones breaking after a few months, but what do you expect?

Beast phone I've owned. Apparently the Nexus... 4? Is pretty good at the moment.

Also, Samsung S3. Can't go wrong with any of those phones.

Last edited by FFLink (2013-02-17 04:56:14)

Canin

I have narrowed it down to two phones. I am either going to get the Motorola Razr M or the LG Spectrum 2.
FFLink
There is.
Oh.
Canin

My budget wont allow for the S3 or HTC One X. Plus with 4 phones on my account, it is going to bump my monthly charge to 180.00 just adding this phone. I like the Spectrum 2 for its screen size, its about a half an inch bigger than the Razr M, and its got 16GB of internal memory. I like the Razr M for its water resitance capability, which would be good in my line of work.

I have to drive out to the store and put my hands on them to make the final decision I guess.
FFLink
There is.
I'd check reviews online for things you won't find out in-store, like battery, etc.
Canin

The two phones are comparable in most specs. Of course Razr M is running 4.1 and Spectrum 2 is running 4.0.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
If it's down to those 2 phones, I'd say get the Razr M, I originally wanted one of the new Razrs but I don't have Verizon so I couldn't get one

I've never had a Motorola phone I didn't love though
Canin

Yep, I went with the Razr M. Now I just gotta learn how to use it. Any good android sites out there?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard