Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5178|Sydney

Adams_BJ wrote:

Says the bassist.
I was told by many music mentors my decision to play bass after having learned guitar was a wise decision. There are more guitarists out there than you can throw a pick at. Good bassists? Hens teeth mate.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6622|Little Bentcock
One day I will be famous
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

Infamous.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6670|UK
adams is the next dennis ferguson.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5473|Ventura, California

PrivateVendetta wrote:

not sure i want Shifty to see any aeroplane maintenance
I don't know who you are...but I will find you, and I will make your aircraft unflight worthy
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Adams_BJ

m3thod wrote:

adams is the next dennis ferguson.
rdx-fx
+955|6590
Women end up in combat, regardless of MOS.

Not sure that there are many women that could deal with life in an infantry unit.
Then again, we have some 5'6" skinny kids in infantry units too.
I'd take a few females I know over some of those skinny dudes.

We also have some lardass pogue staff NCOs that Jay couldn't lift.
I'd take most any fit military female I know over them.

If the women can handle the same tasks, conditions, and standards as the guys, let them try it.
We have size "small" body armor, but we don't have size "small" machine guns.

Even if the girls aren't line infantry, they can do fine as support personnel in an infantry unit.

Last edited by rdx-fx (2013-01-29 19:12:08)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

i thought there were basic requirements regardless of gender, to be fit for active combat duty.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

13urnzz wrote:

i thought there were basic requirements regardless of gender, to be fit for active combat duty.
There are, but they have much lower physical standards for women.

A passing score for men (age bracket 17-21) is 42 pushups in 2 minutes. For women it's 19.
Both sexes need a minimum of 71 situps in 2 minutes.
Men need a 2 mile run time of 15:54. Women need a 2 mile run time of 18:54.

Last edited by Jay (2013-01-29 19:41:41)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

Do they have rules built into the geneva convention about raping POWs/soldiers? I mean, obviously it's illegal but it seems like more women on the battlefield means more rape. Maybe even torture by rape. Its utterly horrible to think about.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Well, we don't fight anyone that abides by the Geneva convention anymore so that point is rather moot
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

More women on the battlefield = more rape is the main idea of my post. The question was more of a jumping off point for the main idea. Sorry to confuse you.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

More women on the battlefield = more rape is the main idea of my post. The question was more of a jumping off point for the main idea. Sorry to confuse you.
I knew what you meant, and yes, it will happen. It already happened with Jessica Lynch.
-Frederick Bastiat
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

rdx-fx wrote:

Women end up in combat, regardless of MOS..
Very true. Combat today isn't the same as it used to be back when conventional warfare was the norm and there were frontlines. If a woman attached to a base or a supply unit gets attacked she will be in combat and this happens a lot from what I hear.

Well they have M27 IARs to fit in between the A4s and M249s so yeah that would be a small "lmg" haha
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

-Sh1fty- wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

Very true. Combat today isn't the same as it used to be back when conventional warfare was the norm and there were frontlines. If a woman attached to a base or a supply unit gets attacked she will be in combat and this happens a lot from what I hear.

Well they have M27 IARs to fit in between the A4s and M249s so yeah that would be a small "lmg" haha
conventional warfare was the norm? wat.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Cybargs wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

conventional warfare was the norm? wat.
Today combat is with people dressed as civilians in cities or villages around other civilians. It used to be that most combat was with uniformed soldiers. Think WW1 or WW2 as good examples. The French had the Resistance that was quite similar to insurgents today I guess in the way they struck and fled or something I donno.

Anyway I'm saying we're fighting a war on terror, not a war against another country's military. It's not conventional warfare it's asymmetrical if I recall the term correctly.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Today combat is with people dressed as civilians in cities or villages around other civilians.
Thats what typically happens if you invade a third world country and then hang around for no obvious reason.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Adams_BJ
This war. The next war might be against another military. like the start of Iraq.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Today combat is with people dressed as civilians in cities or villages around other civilians. It used to be that most combat was with uniformed soldiers. Think WW1 or WW2 as good examples. The French had the Resistance that was quite similar to insurgents today I guess in the way they struck and fled or something I donno. .
Insurgency doctrine was already used in WW1. This shit is nothing new, it's been almost 100 years old. For someone who has as much interest in the military, you don't know shit about military history.

Last edited by Cybargs (2013-01-30 00:25:03)

https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Insurgency doctrine was used in the American mutiny.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

Dilbert_X wrote:

Insurgency doctrine was used in the American mutiny.
Well it wasn't used on a mass scale until lawrence of arabia wrote on it

So yeah, pretty much 240 years of use and it's relatively new lol.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Cybargs wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Today combat is with people dressed as civilians in cities or villages around other civilians. It used to be that most combat was with uniformed soldiers. Think WW1 or WW2 as good examples. The French had the Resistance that was quite similar to insurgents today I guess in the way they struck and fled or something I donno. .
Insurgency doctrine was already used in WW1. This shit is nothing new, it's been almost 100 years old. For someone who has as much interest in the military, you don't know shit about military history.
fuck off cybargs

Insurgency has been used a hell of a lot earlier than that. Don't give me that bullshit just because I gave a modern example doesn't mean older ones don't exist you condescending loon.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
If you send the military out to fight third world tribesmen you can't really complain too much that they don't have a uniform and didn't sign the Geneva convention.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

Dilbert_X wrote:

If you send the military out to fight third world tribesmen you can't really complain too much that they don't have a uniform and didn't sign the Geneva convention.
And don't bitch about the Nazis executing partisan prisoners neither.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6658|BC, Canada
Fucking backwater hicks, they need to get with the times and fight fair!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard