Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707

Jaekus wrote:

If you're going to argue against gun control to such an extent by which you "The Constitution of the United States is to be considered a freaking sacred Bible by which to run the country" you can't turn around later and say you'll vote against the parts you disagree with. That's just inconsistent with the hard line you've been taking.
you should go to jail for insulting the constitution
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5169|Sydney
There's not one thing in any government legislation or constitution that should be exempt from periodic review and debate. btw I'm not against people owning guns, and I don't think anyone in this thread has been, though shifty seems to believe otherwise.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX
If we're taking the constitution literally here:

Sh1fty wrote:

In my opinion if you want to buy a firearm, you should be able to purchase any type as long as you consent to a background check of mental health and criminal history.
I don't see nothing in the 2nd amendment about background checks, or anything about felons and lunatics being barred from owning guns.
Reading it literally "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." its clear 'the people' would include criminals, the mentally ill, homosexuals, even blacks, since it doesn't specifically say it doesn't.

So Sh1fty, I want to see you march on the capitol with the placard "Gun rights for gay, black, mad criminals now!"
Or you hate America.
Take your pick.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Cybargs wrote:

https://i.qkme.me/3r1quv.jpg
https://www.flagsonline.net/austimages/a127_large.gif
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6765|Noizyland

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Neither of them are necessary. As far as I'm concerned any U.S. citizen that is not mentally unstable/ill should be able to purchase anything from a .22 single action revolver to a .50 cal M2
How far does this go? Should a civilian get to own a tank? An F22?

Would love to be more coherent but whisky...
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6681|Tampa Bay Florida

Jay wrote:

I like the dumbfuck rednecks a lot more than I like know-it-all paternalistic liberals. hurr der 200 year old constitution. that 200 year old piece of paper is also what grants us the right to free speech, freedom of the press, protection from illegal search and seizure, the right to due process and trial by jury, and protection against cruel and unusual punishment. Seriously, YOU fuck off. You don't live here. None of what we do impacts your life. Go play in traffic.
In theory, yes.

In practice, it was only the left that bothered to criticize gitmo.  It was the rednecks who want to shut down the New York Times.  It was the right wingers saying "well if I have nothing to hide then so be it"

To be fair though, and you have said this plenty, and I agree -- now the we have a Dem president its pretty sick that some people are choosing to ignore the civil liberties issues.  But if you look, there are plenty of leftists out there who are sick of this president.  You wouldnt know it from watching msnbc, but they are out there.

And shifty is the only one still here who fits the standard GOP mold.  Everyone else left.  lowing, stingray, feos.  Haven't seen them here in a while.  He also doesn't mind trying to defend himself, although it seems pretty futile most of the time.

Last edited by Spearhead (2013-01-29 02:41:15)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Whats good about fitting the GOP mould?

They aren't pro-freedom 'liberals' any more than the Democrats.

Even to me it seems Obama and Feinstein have gone way too far tacking extraneous crap onto the gun bill and milking the 'think of the children' angle when they had a real opportunity to get something useful through with bipartisan support.

Obama really seems to have kicked back now and set himself no real objectives for the next four years. USM was right, he's just a big grin. Still better than Romney though.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6681|Tampa Bay Florida
That's why we pick on him -- all the other guys left
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5349|London, England

Spearhead wrote:

Jay wrote:

I like the dumbfuck rednecks a lot more than I like know-it-all paternalistic liberals. hurr der 200 year old constitution. that 200 year old piece of paper is also what grants us the right to free speech, freedom of the press, protection from illegal search and seizure, the right to due process and trial by jury, and protection against cruel and unusual punishment. Seriously, YOU fuck off. You don't live here. None of what we do impacts your life. Go play in traffic.
In theory, yes.

In practice, it was only the left that bothered to criticize gitmo.  It was the rednecks who want to shut down the New York Times.  It was the right wingers saying "well if I have nothing to hide then so be it"

To be fair though, and you have said this plenty, and I agree -- now the we have a Dem president its pretty sick that some people are choosing to ignore the civil liberties issues.  But if you look, there are plenty of leftists out there who are sick of this president.  You wouldnt know it from watching msnbc, but they are out there.

And shifty is the only one still here who fits the standard GOP mold.  Everyone else left.  lowing, stingray, feos.  Haven't seen them here in a while.  He also doesn't mind trying to defend himself, although it seems pretty futile most of the time.
https://noodledoodlesdotnet.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/01-26-13_wisemen.jpg?w=584
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5534|Toronto
Jay, when you publish your memories after a long, fruitful career of making poor arguments, the title should be: "Jason Schubert: Forever the Victim."

Mull it over. I'll expect 10% royalty and will sue you if you modify it slightly.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Seattle cops trolled by free market:

Missile launcher shows up at Seattle gun buyback

[...]

Police witnessed the private exchange of the military launch tube near the gun buyback event, where gun buyers tempted those standing in long lines to turn in their weapons with cash.

"It was absolutely crazy what we saw out there," Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn said at a news conference Monday where officials announced they had collected a total of 716 weapons, including four confirmed as stolen.

Officers saw guns changing private hands without knowing whether the person buying the gun had the legal right to buy it, and those transactions are occurring all the time, McGinn said.

He added that the private sales of the missile launch tube and other weapons illustrate the need for comprehensive background checks as proposed by President Barack Obama, as well as other regulations at the state level.

While there were private gun buyers at the periphery of Saturday's event, Metz said a large majority of people chose to wait in line and get less money because they wanted to make sure they got the weapons off the streets.

[...]
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5169|Sydney
But he's got no criminal record or history of ill mental health. Preventing him from owning a missile launcher is TYRANNY
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6214|Escea

Jaekus wrote:

But he's got no criminal record or history of ill mental health. Preventing him from owning a missile launcher is TYRANNY
Gunna pop the top off of dem guvermen' tanks!
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5969|Blue Mountain State
Probably and old LAW or AT-4 tube. I see them on display all the time. Completely useless.

Oh no.
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
rdx-fx
+955|6582

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

Probably and old LAW or AT-4 tube. I see them on display all the time. Completely useless.

Oh no.
Exactly.

A live rocket, or anything the ATF classifies as a "destructive device", you need an occupational exemption (you are a manufacturer or licensed federally recognized distributor) or you go through the 6 month ATF tax stamp wait. This is assuming the ATF examiner allows you to buy the device.

Any "destructive device", above .50 cal diameter or explosive ammo, EVERY round of ammo is paperwork, a 3-6 month ATF wait, and a $200 tax stamp.
Per round. Forget that step, it's a felony. No gunshow exemption or loophole.

Once fired LAW or AT-4 fiberglass launch tubes are not reloadable, and are useless paperweights.

Last edited by rdx-fx (2013-01-29 10:51:10)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6214|Escea

https://col.stb.s-msn.com/amnews/i/73/a6c18214d879ef59d0488fcddf12c3_h366_w650_m6_lfalse.jpg

That's either a Redeye or a Stinger.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5576

rdx-fx wrote:

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

Oh no.
Exactly.

A live rocket, or anything the ATF classifies as a "destructive device", you need an occupational exemption (you are a manufacturer or licensed federally recognized distributor) or you go through the 6 month ATF tax stamp wait. This is assuming the ATF examiner allows you to buy the device.

Any "destructive device", above .50 cal diameter or explosive ammo, EVERY round of ammo is paperwork, a 3-6 month ATF wait, and a $200 tax stamp.
Per round. Forget that step, it's a felony. No gunshow exemption or loophole.

Once fired LAW or AT-4 fiberglass launch tubes are not reloadable, and are useless paperweights.
Keep us updated
rdx-fx
+955|6582

Macbeth wrote:

Keep us updated
Add something useful to the discussion, or fuck off.
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6464|Kakanien

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Yeah and then they say I'm a hypocrite because I am pro-life but I am all for the death sentence. It works both ways.

You guys twist everything I say. I never said rape is good, I NEVER said that. You guys are implying I said that. Rape sucks, it's one of the worst things that can happen to a person. There's no denying that. That is no excuse for killing a baby growing in a mother's womb.
sure. forcing a woman to give birth to her rapist's child is a pretty good idea...
rdx-fx
+955|6582

Dilbert_X wrote:

Even to me it seems Obama and Feinstein have gone way too far tacking extraneous crap onto the gun bill and milking the 'think of the children' angle when they had a real opportunity to get something useful through with bipartisan support.

Obama really seems to have kicked back now and set himself no real objectives for the next four years. USM was right, he's just a big grin. Still better than Romney though.
"Think of the children" arguments are specious, and generally mean 'don't think, react emotionally'.

From Reagan to present, most of the Presidential contenders have been nothing but "big grins backed by bigger money". On both sides of the US political spectrum.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5464|Ventura, California

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Yeah and then they say I'm a hypocrite because I am pro-life but I am all for the death sentence. It works both ways.

You guys twist everything I say. I never said rape is good, I NEVER said that. You guys are implying I said that. Rape sucks, it's one of the worst things that can happen to a person. There's no denying that. That is no excuse for killing a baby growing in a mother's womb.
sure. forcing a woman to give birth to her rapist's child is a pretty good idea...
"There's a child in there she doesn't want."
'"Oh well fuck that child it doesn't have rights!"
"Lets kill it!"

We're talking about another human being here. Deal with it, and give it up for adoption. It's easy for me to say that, since I've never been raped. It's easy for you to say you'd kill the child because you aren't that child.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Here is a very good article. I am way too optimistic about any of you possibly reading it. You're all such die-hard "Gun owners are rednecks" activists that I doubt you'll take the time to read it but here it is anyway.

Forbes Magazine - Disarming the myths promoted by the gun control lobby.
Your article has no mention whatsoever about assault rifles, which is the thing that has been brought up here numerous times. Your answer to that is "because it's fun and in the constitution and TYRANNY so FUCK YOU".

You fail to comprehend the discussion at hand. No one is saying "ban all guns" like you are passionately proclaiming. The question is: at what point does gun ownership become superfluous, ie. why do you need an assault rifle?
Why should it be superfluous? Imagine something you don't consider a problem, it can be anything at all; now imagine somebody wants to make it harder for you to get/eventually ban you from owning said thing. How would you react? I am pissed off because IIRC it is illegal to purchase an assault rifle in California. So yes, they are being banned even if you aren't saying they are.
nope, you're wrong.  So no, they aren't banned.  They are *GASP* regulated though - 10 round mag, bullet button to release the mag from the gun.  Hardly tyranny-inducing regulations
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707

-Sh1fty- wrote:

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

"Lets kill it!"

We're talking about another human being here. Deal with it, and give it up for adoption. It's easy for me to say that, since I've never been raped. It's easy for you to say you'd kill the child because you aren't that child.
but that's against the constitution shifty!
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
rdx-fx
+955|6582

-Sh1fty- wrote:

You know what is worse than rape?

Having a part of that rapist growing inside you.
Having a rapist's whim dictate the course of your remaining life.

I've been the friend, backup, and shoulder to cry on for more than a couple rape victims.
The revulsion and violation those women feel cannot be adequately conveyed in words.
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6464|Kakanien

-Sh1fty- wrote:

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

"Lets kill it!"

it's better off dead anyway

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard