War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
A 3 faction MMORPG set 1000 years before Skyrim. This game looks promising, plus I love the 3+ factions setup, there needs to be more MMORPG's like that. Also, beta signups are up.

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elder_Scrolls_Online

Last edited by War Man (2013-01-24 02:10:20)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I clicked on an ad link to see their trailer and it wanted me to sign up for the beta. Meh.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I clicked on an ad link to see their trailer and it wanted me to sign up for the beta. Meh.
Well, the signup recently started, you can simply skip that, though.

Last edited by War Man (2013-01-24 02:24:51)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6445|Foothills of S. Carolina

I signed up, looks pretty cool.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
Looks like a shitty wow clone that will fail miserably
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

Spearhead wrote:

DAMN DUDE EDGE CITY
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Canin

Spearhead wrote:

So dont play it.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
I won't

Just wondering why any of you think that a Bethesda game would somehow translate into a good mmo.  After Bioware made the most expensive game in history that also failed miserably.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

"Good" doesn't always translate to "massively successful." WoW is a black hole that sucks up a huge portion of the MMO industry's income, and the playerbase, for the most part, doesn't seem to like change. I've seen plenty of good games fall by the wayside when they didn't get the recognition they may have actually deserved.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
I was happy to see FFXI was first in the list of "previous MMOs played". I hope it takes ideas from it
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone

Spearhead wrote:

I won't

Just wondering why any of you think that a Bethesda game would somehow translate into a good mmo.  After Bioware made the most expensive game in history that also failed miserably.
Because thats practically what their games are already, just without the multiplayer part.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
lol....

Bethesda are known for their SINGLE PLAYER experiences.  You guys might as well be telling me that Battlefield is good at doing single player campaigns.

Expect to be disappointed, thats all I'm saying.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
Bethesada makes grindy, fetch quest instance driven monotonous rpgs with heaps of content which is all the fucking same. Just copy paste quests and areas. The bread and butter of every MMO.

Take skyrim (the supposed jewel in Bethesdas crown) every quest goes. Get quest, go specific cave, clear out hordes of trash mobs, fight final uber boss who is 15 times stronger then anyone else. collect loot, hand in for reward, lather rinse repeat. There is very little you would have to do to the skyrim world to make it a passable MMO. They already have the crafting system in place where you can stand around for hours doing fuck all 'improving' your skill making worthless shit. Nice houses you can buy and decorate and a massive world with nothing in it except flowers to pick.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I think they should have made a regular multiplayer Elder Scrolls before trying to do an MMO.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
What would that be like newbie?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
I think somebody made a Skyrim multiplayer mod actually but I don't remember
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Superior Mind wrote:

A coop sandbox.
Mutantbear

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

A coop sandbox.
I agree
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
FFLink
There is.
That sounds like a niche that isn't filled. I'd love a Bethesda-style game that's purely co-op.
Mutantbear

not purely coop, just have coop
FFLink
There is.
I'm sure it would never be published if it was purely Co-Op, but it's how I'd like it. Maybe singleplayer if a decent AI takes over the other guy - base the story around the two people.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

FFLink wrote:

That sounds like a niche that isn't filled. I'd love a Bethesda-style game that's purely co-op.
Sorta Saints Row, only Elder Scrolls, I guess.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
Nothing wrong with fantasy and nothing wrong with mmo's.  But to me making an elder scrolls online game is like trying to make a Call of Duty RPG.  Its just a horrible idea.

Last edited by Spearhead (2013-01-28 11:03:19)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

To me, the idea of making any fantasy mmo before WoW is even done picking the remains of the last one out of its teeth is foolhardy.
Canin

Necro posting with a purpose.

I have a couple spare keys for the stress test beta this weekend if someone wants one. First come, first served. Only caveat is you have to log into their US server to play.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard