Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6682|US
Kinda stupid posting it own thread but some stuff seems to get eaten in the 'open thread'.

So pretty much my current mouse's left click is dying, and the next one I want a mouse with a bunch of buttons for mmos among other things and either one has its nasty reviews so just asking if anyone can testify to either one being worth the $$.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6547|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Dont get me wrong, Razer have some nice products...i have a Blackwidow ultimate and a Mamba and i love em, but for some odd reasons i keep having minor trouble with them, my mouse dock don't even charge my mouse no more, and my keyboard sometime double the input...

I'd go with the Logitech, especially if they are a little bit less pricey.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

i agree with what roger said. i tend to stay away from razer now. i've switched over everything i own to steelseries, and would recommend logitech to anyone as well.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6686|Riva, MD
I've heard a lot of bad things about the build quality of Razer products nowadays from their keyboards and mouses to their custom 360 controllers.  My Logitech G15 has held up for 6 years now and my 2nd gen G5 mouse has held up for about 3 with no issues on either
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6118|'straya
I've had nothing but sub-par experiences with razor products tbh.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
Razer always seems overpriced and gimmicky.

Logitech seems reasonably priced and have a better reputation.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6118|'straya
The absolutely terrible sound quality of my mate's Razer headset is always a good reminder why I don't buy gimmicky gaming peripherals.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.
My Blackwidow respawn is a great mouse, had absolutely no issues with it.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I have the Logitech G600. It was an upgrade from the G9 that finally wore out. I don't know if they've fixed the issue yet, but make sure configuration uses software rather than onboard mouse memory and you'll avoid the dreaded cursor teleport issue.

For FPS gaming, I'd probably recommend another G9 over the G600 simply because of dedicated sensitivity scroller with the LED readout. You can do the same(ish) thing with the G600, but without a readout you have to assign it and then remember how many + or - taps from default it takes to get you where you want to go. There are also less speeds to scroll through.

It works fine for RTS's, but frankly those games are fine enough using keyboard shortcuts. Just watch a Korean at Starcraft and you'll see.

MMO's are really where it shines. The numberpad on the side even has shift values so you can assign plenty to it. The only thing missing is a turbo setting so you can just weigh a button down and grind points in your sleep. It's also a good bet for Dark Souls in the unfortunate event you don't have or don't want a 360 USB controller. If there's one thing mouse/keyboard excels at in this game (and it's the only thing) is aiming spells and bows. Autotarget will never lead your targets, so good luck with PVP.

I'm a lefty, so I tend to use the arrow keys for movement with my right hand and the mouse with my left. Though the mouse is technically right-handed, I can still easily utilize it in my left.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6547|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Yeah, Razer is pricey for the somewhat dodgy build quality.

Their good looking tho, so if your point if to look cool, it work!

Performance wise, they are not bad at all too....when they work as intended!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I'd give the G600 a small step above the Naga. I've used both and prefer the former. But the G600 does look kinf of like a cat paw from above.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia
i've logitech g5, it's several years old and looks really worn but works like a charm still and i've no intention of replacing it at all. if reliability is what one looks for logitech is definitely the way to go.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
Yeah I've got a second hand MX Revolution that I bought three years ago, the previous owner had it for more than six months prior. Never missed a beat.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England

Camm wrote:

He means Deathadder.

And mine has also been amazing. No issues and still works great. Best mouse I've ever owned and would recommend it to anyone.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

FFLink wrote:

Camm wrote:

He means Deathadder.

And mine has also been amazing. No issues and still works great. Best mouse I've ever owned and would recommend it to anyone.
my copperhead had issues clicking after a couple of years. same with my deathadder. after a while i just said fuck it and switched to steelseries. but as others and i have said before, logitech is extremely solid too.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
ive got the g500 it's fine. Before it had a g5 for a long time....  save yo moolah and get the logi
wait. what is this button stuff. LOL ehh get neither.
https://zapt2.staticworld.net/images/article/2012/11/g600_2-100014941-gallery.jpg
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

FFLink wrote:

Camm wrote:

He means Deathadder.

Deathadder's a great mouse, sturdy, responsive and hardware-wise one of the best mice on the market. Unbeatable value since they are like 35 bucks.

They only have 2 extra buttons though.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.

DUnlimited wrote:

FFLink wrote:

Camm wrote:

He means Deathadder.

Deathadder's a great mouse, sturdy, responsive and hardware-wise one of the best mice on the market. Unbeatable value since they are like 35 bucks.

2 extra buttons are all you need unless you're a massive MMO Faggot
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

For FPS's, I only use about four functions on the side of the G600.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

The two of the deathadder are more than enough for me as well, only use one of them most of the time anyways
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I have a death adder. I like it more than the logitech I had (MX518) and it was cheaper. But those are wired mice. I'd never buy a wireless one, but that's just me.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

Camm wrote:

2 extra buttons are all you need unless you're a massive MMO Faggot
i'm an mmo faggot and i only use keybinds
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Anyone have experience of R.A.T. 7  ...?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

DUnlimited wrote:

FFLink wrote:

Camm wrote:

He means Deathadder.

dunno why people are always on about the deathadder... the only strength about it is that it uses like a TEN YEAR OLD sensor technology, pre- the current-gen of bullshit hi-tech 17,000dpi sensors that all come with irremovable acceleration/prediction crap. the deathadder is far from the only mouse that still uses that sensor, though. i think it's just because razer are the default go-to brand for a whole horde of teenage gaming-gimmick idiots. personally i think the build-quality and overall aesthetic of razer products is total junk. not to mention the fact that the deathadder is still basically a claw/finger type mouse, and i lean heavily on palm for gaming (generally speaking: all fps with low-sens and tight control, palm mice are better, because of the rigid wrist ergonomics they force; claw-mice are better for high-sens games, because they offer better flick-maneuverability).

the mx518/g5 is still one of the best mice i've ever used. i wanted to try and get into the latest gen steelseries gaming mice - cause they look sleek and oh so fancy! - but they all come with bullshit acceleration and new sensors that suck. great at removing jitter and being super-accurate, but actually fucking terrible at gaming. the best steelseries mouse for hardcore gaming is, ironically, the $20 bucks optical Ikari they use.

i just bought a zowie mouse, because their keyboard is just amazing. the top-end gaming mouse they do has the exact same sensor as the deathadder, fyi. so don't feel forced to buy a razer hunk of shit if precise/perfect hardware is what you want. the zowie doesn't even have drivers or any software crap to interrupt with your control. it's plug and play, and the only way to change the dpi/polling rate is by holding down certain mouse buttons as you plug it into your computer (e.g. holding mouse4 when you plug the mouse in will set it at 500hz polling-rate / 1000dpi). that's leet.

https://www.teamplay.com.br/imagens/not_galerias/563_8460_full.JPG

i wanted the blue because it has the exact reproduction of old mx518 style hardware, but i'm told the button-switches and scroll-wheel aren't top rate. the black/white ones (the evo second-gen iteration) have better form-moulding, and thus a better performing scroll wheel. they also basically have the cherry mx mech-keyboard equivalent of switches in the two right/left mouse clicks. super leet APM broooooo.

Last edited by aynrandroolz (2013-01-25 09:52:07)

FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
Are they the Cyborg ones..?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard