belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5953|Perth, indian ocean
I want Diaz, Rory, Shogun and Swick

this is the best card in ages and really evenly matched up, except for the bj fight, i feel like rory is too big and strong for BJ to handle
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
Bj Bj Bj. Ouch.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Fights went as expected.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I was 0-4.  shame.  Rory looked semi impressive, BJ was rocked by body shots.  Shogun looked like a few early blows weakened him.  Diaz looked like he had no clue how to solve Henderson.  Swick looked well, not too bad until getting laid out.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

I was expecting the Diaz fight to be a lot closer. Would have been cool if he had gotten that leg lock. I wonder if we will ever see him On a T.V. card again after flipping off Henderson. The ratings for this card was up by a million from the last 3 UFC on Fox cards. How much he had to do with that is debatable though I think he has a ton of mainstream potential.

Shogun needs to get his flabby ass on a diet and try to make 185.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

diaz was on the last one with Jim Miller.  It was a title fight - that's always going to add viewers.  Plus BJ and Shogun are legit legends in the sport. 

I think Shogun needs to retire.  He hasn't looked good since last year at least.  Even in the Henderson fight (which was a great, great fight) he looked pretty exhausted.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

He just needs to get his act together. He's only 31. I doubt he will retire anyway since he was paid $175,000 for his last fight.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

he hasn't looked great in the octagon against solid opponents.  Let's look at his UFC record

Sub Loss to Forrest Griffin (LOL)
TKO Win against Mark Coleman (Grandfather of ground and pound was washed up at this point.  Shell of the man who won the pride grand prix)
KO Win against Chuck Liddell (good win, Chuck was on his way down but still a solid opponent)
Decision Loss to Lyoto Machida (controversial, should have been a win imo)
KO Win against Machida (great finish win against a solid opponent)
TKO Loss against Jon Jones (he did not look good in this fight at all)
KO Win against Forrest Griffin (win against a mediocre opponent)
Decision Loss against Dan Henderson (A great fight, but both looked sluggish, especially in the later 2 rounds)
TKO Win against Brandon Vera (uninspired win against a mediocre opponent)
Decision Loss against Alex Gustafsson (uninspired loss against a legit opponent)

2 wins against legit competition, 3 wins against mediocre competition
1 loss against a mediocre opponent, 1 loss that should have been a win against a great opponent, 1 loss in a great fight, 1 devastating loss against a top opponent, 1 loss in a fight he looked like he didn't want to be in)

His last good win was his knockout of Machida.  The last fight he looked great in was that fight against Forrest.  He hasn't beaten a top opponent in 2.5 years. He looks like he's on his way out to me.  His brother basically had the same arc, but with less high points.  This (Shogun) was a guy who was absolutely devastating opponents in Pride 7-8 years ago.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Prime Forrest who in his next fight took the title from Rampage. 0-1
Legit win Coleman 1-1
Legit win Liddell 2-1
Really won that first Machida fight 3-1
Second win against Macida 4-1
It's freaking Jon Jones. He makes everyone look bad 4-2
I scored it a draw considering Hendo spent the last 2 rounds gassed out and trying to not get finished 4-2-1
Okay he looked bad but still a win 5-2-1
Top 10 LHW 5-3-1

2-2-1 Since winning the championship. 31 years old. Could move down a weight class if he tried. He still has a career ahead of him. Hendo lost back to back flights against Rampage and Silva and then lost to a  welterweight. Everyone thought he was done but he went on finish Fedor. I am not writing him off yet.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Prime forrest still sucks and that title fight against rampage was a travesty of a decision. Hendo lost to shields at 185. Not welterweight.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

My point was that Shields is Welterweight-middle and not a middle-lhw
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I know and its not the first time I've heard that argument, I just think its stupid. That's like people saying rousey should fight at 145 because that's what she competed at in judo
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Agree to disagree. Who do you think should be next for Anderson Silva? I'm not too interested in Chris Weidman. He's only 9-0 and looked terrible against Maia. I don't see most of the top 10 middles interesting really.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I'm not too interested in Weidman either.  I'd love to see Gegard Mousasi fight him, but he's only a notch above Weidman in the popularity regard.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Yeah that could work.

Last edited by Macbeth (2012-12-13 13:37:47)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Lombard is on steroids.
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker

Macbeth wrote:

Lombard is on steroids.
Ill agree that he is huge, monster of a middleweight
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Same thing with Paul Harris. They both look liked roided out hamsters.
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
Its crazy when you compare their body types to that of the middleweight champion...
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A-NPR6eCQAA-BmY.jpg
^^
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
wow, now that was the Cain Velasquez I wanted to see fight the first time!
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

At first JDS was looking good stopping those take downs but then
https://i.minus.com/iY1Lc2Ig56k3I.gif
Co main event kinda saved the card
https://i.minus.com/iFopOxFlzttEM.gif

Last edited by Macbeth (2012-12-30 15:28:40)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Felt super bad when they were booing JDS during his interview. He seemed genuinely hurt.
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
Yeah i was pretty surprised when he was getting booed, its not like he gave up, he was just smashed by the pace of the fight, the sport has some shit fans
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Belcher and Boetsch both lost their last. Bisping is promised the next shot if he wins. Any idea what will happen if Vitor KO's Bisping? I really don't care to see Weidman do anything or fight anyone to be honest.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard