PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6162|Roma

PrivateVendetta wrote:

New iTunes can go suck a dick.
I download it and it can't locate any of the songs i bought USING iTunes because it uses a crappy new filing system.
I have to point it to the bought stuff individually. Fuck. That.
WHAT THE FUCK. it doesn't even fit my screen properly when maximised, and doesn't show all the music if it needs a scroll.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

in my opinion, WMP > itunes > winamp

Itunes is so so shitty.  So happy I got a nexus 7 so I can bypass that shit.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

I always liked winamp but it is seriously showing its age now
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

in my opinion, WMP > itunes > winamp

Itunes is so so shitty.  So happy I got a nexus 7 so I can bypass that shit.
Never buying a non Android phone ever again. Ipads on the other hand are mint.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6162|Roma
Need it for my ipod
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

You can't and shouldn't prevent your children from making their own food choices outside the home. As long as you have a solid diet at home you ensure your child's normal and sane behavior.

Feeding your child is not over protecting it. From birth to at least 14 you're likely to have near complete control over your child's diet. Just feed them at each meal time and they will be much less likely to have the desire to eat shitty foods. People think going to mcds is easier and cheaper than buying groceries and cooking food. Then they get diabeetus and a erectile dysfunction. This shit isn't complicated. People are just brain washed and pumped full of otherwise unnecessary pharmaceuticals. Eating a real diet includes the use of medicinal herbs. Which, except for those extreme cases, eliminate the need for industry drugs. But it's all because of media brainwashing and scientific plots against us.
OK but I feed the cat the best catfood, fry him the most expensive fish - snapper etc.
I let him out and he eats lizards.

Explain that.
Snapper is an expensive fish!? I caught 17 with my brother one time on a dock inside of an hour. Should've airmailed them to Oz instead of letting my Polish grandmother bury them under a bush in the garden.

Last edited by Jay (2012-12-28 09:04:39)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Frank Reynolds wrote:

FFLink wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

So, you are saying all sugar is bad?

Are you saying that fruit is bad because it has sugar in it?

I am so glad you came back to have a nice discussion.

srsly
He'd fail his own test.
you two fucking mensa members understand fructose from fruit and sweeteners and sucrose increase fat production?  your body does not care where the sugar came from...all it knows is it is sugar.
You do understand that having 0% body fat isn't healthy, right? We evolved to carry some fat on us in case we get sick or had to go hungry for a while. For as much as you've given me shit here about being unhealthy, I bet I end up living a longer happier life than you do.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Frank Reynolds
+65|4299

Jay wrote:

Frank Reynolds wrote:

FFLink wrote:

He'd fail his own test.
you two fucking mensa members understand fructose from fruit and sweeteners and sucrose increase fat production?  your body does not care where the sugar came from...all it knows is it is sugar.
You do understand that having 0% body fat isn't healthy, right? We evolved to carry some fat on us in case we get sick or had to go hungry for a while. For as much as you've given me shit here about being unhealthy, I bet I end up living a longer happier life than you do.
its amazing how terribly bad some of you are at reading.  I never said anything about fat ratios.
What are you looking at dicknose
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Frank Reynolds wrote:

Jay wrote:

Frank Reynolds wrote:

its amazing how terribly bad some of you are at reading.  I never said anything about fat ratios.
You didn't have to. Over the years, you've made it abundantly clear how obsessed you are with your own body image. If sugar is bad because it aids fat creation, then one can easily assume that you think fat is bad as well. Logic.
-Frederick Bastiat
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England

Frank Reynolds wrote:

.. and yes Supmind the same can be said about any calorie.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Over the years, you've made it abundantly clear how obsessed you are with your own body image.
Err no. He just talks about eating right. He doesn't post pictures of himself in front of mirrors in that stupid bodybuilding thread.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

He did remove me from PSN without warning. I wanted to play BF3 for the first time since September but had no one to play with online.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

hey uzi - it has nothing to do with elitism.  It comes down to user preference.  You know what I prefer? Dragging and dropping music from a folder to folder to add music.  I also prefer my media player not freeze for a minute or two on start up.  I also prefer a media player that doesn't convert my music form one file type to another by default.  I also prefer not having a music player launch when I plug my phone/tablet into my computer.

You like itunes, I don't.  Don't get butthurt.

So you can pretend I'm being an elitist (seriously, who the fuck tries to be elitist over a music player?), but that's not the reality.

I still have to use itunes for my phone.  I'm really happy I don't need it for my tablet.  But it sucks because IOS gui is superior to android in my opinion.  I've only been using my nexus for a week now though compared to a few years for my phone, so my opinion on the GUI may change.
Frank Reynolds
+65|4299

Jay wrote:

Frank Reynolds wrote:

Jay wrote:

You didn't have to. Over the years, you've made it abundantly clear how obsessed you are with your own body image. If sugar is bad because it aids fat creation, then one can easily assume that you think fat is bad as well. Logic.
ok smart guy.  just cuz you are a massive fatty doesnt mean you have to be a dolt.  tucker said there is good and bad sugar and that is simply not true.  that is all i said.  there is no need for you people to go off in a million different directions with your own stupid ass agendas and logic.

fflink what is your point?  simple fact is any calorie not used goes where?  figure it out.  maybe all the emo hair dye is messing with you.

fucking garmin website are you going to be down forever you fucking waste...just wanna update my maps.

I did not remove you MacDuff....i dunno.  send another request since my ps3 is in a warehouse until mid jan or so. (moving to Seattle on monday)

pipe down ken.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5884|...

Frank Reynolds wrote:

FFLink wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

srsly
He'd fail his own test.
Oh, I suppose I should have said sugar sources...

You are such a grump.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

well you started it tucker.

Marine is a grumpy grumperson.  Are you already in Seattle?  I would say you keep moving from shitty place to shitty place, but Seattle is pretty cool so
tuckergustav
+1,590|5884|...

yeah, my fault. Sorry marine. My bad.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6642|UK

Frank Reynolds wrote:

FFLink wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

srsly
He'd fail his own test.
WRONG, true, an intake of a certain types of sugar will give you an insulin spike which can result in fat gain however, the different varieties of sugar have a different effect, it's glucose and sucrose that contribute to the raising of blood sugar levels and should be generally avoided.  Fructose does not have this effect and is sent to the liver to be metablolised.  FYI This is a well known fact and should have been covered in high school biology classes.

Nerds wrote:

Differential effects of honey, sucrose, and fructose on blood sugar levels.
Shambaugh P, Worthington V, Herbert JH.

Abstract
It is now recognized that dietary carbohydrate components influence the prevalence and severity of common degenerative diseases such as dental problems, diabetes, heart disease and obesity. Fructose and sucrose have been evaluated and compared to glucose using glucose tolerance tests, but few such comparisons have been performed for a "natural" sugar source such as honey. In this study, 33 upper trimester chiropractic students volunteered for oral glucose tolerance testing comparing sucrose, fructose and honey during successive weeks. A 75-gm carbohydrate load in 250 ml of water was ingested and blood sugar readings were taken at 0, 30, 60, 90, 120 and 240 minutes. Fructose showed minimal changes in blood sugar levels, consistent with other studies. Sucrose gave higher blood sugar readings than honey at every measurement, producing significantly (p less than .05) greater glucose intolerance. Honey provided the fewest subjective symptoms of discomfort. Given that honey has a gentler effect on blood sugar levels on a per gram basis, and tastes sweeter than sucrose so that fewer grams would be consumed, it would seem prudent to recommend honey over sucrose.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2394949

Couple with this essential nutrients and vitamins gained from the fruit then fructose wins every single time.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Frank Reynolds
+65|4299
"A recent study published in the "Journal of Clinical Investigation" showed that fructose causes more belly fat than glucose regardless of calorie content. Seemingly all sugar is created equal, but some people eat too much fruit because they believe it is healthy and fructose is a natural sugar. The best option to reduce belly fat is to limit the amount of sugar you consume each day. Along with monitoring your diet, incorporating more physical activity will help burn up any excess sugar you consume. Another option is to eat fruits with a source of protein or fat. It takes longer for the body to break down the sugars and it will reduce a spike in insulin."

http://www.livestrong.com/article/52060 … belly-fat/

Last edited by Frank Reynolds (2012-12-28 10:16:23)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

/popcorn
m3thod
+2,197|6642|UK
A load of shit.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

your blurb cites a 20 year old study.  The JCI seems to think fructose is at least as bad as glucose, if not worse.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5884|...

Can't we all just get along?

rip Rodney King
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5691|Gulf Coast

tuckergustav wrote:

rip in piece Rodney King
m3thod
+2,197|6642|UK

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

your blurb cites a 20 year old study.  The JCI seems to think fructose is at least as bad as glucose, if not worse.
Even better I can give you a study from 1974 demonstrating the demonic effect of glucose as opposed to fructose.  So lets circle jerk a little more here is a 2012 study

Fructose does not seem to cause weight gain when it is substituted for other carbohydrates in diets providing similar calories. Free fructose at high doses that provided excess calories modestly increased body weight, an effect that may be due to the extra calories rather than the fructose

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2235 … 00m,isrctn

Clearly overloading on anything is going to have an negative which i am suspicious what those mongs at the JCI did as part of their study.  For the purpose of this 'debate' comparing sucrose/glucose against fructose independently whist completely ignoring the usual delivery method used to obtain this type of sugar i.e. fruit is d u m b.  An nominal raise in blood sugar level by consuming fructose is completely offset by the minerals, vitamins and fibre gained.

Last edited by m3thod (2012-12-28 11:09:23)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard