jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
How long ago did they remove kill counts/blood count etc?

btw celle is shit, i'm on lingor now. it's better.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6434|cuntshitlake

chernarus, namalsk and taviana are the good ones. Havent tried lingor for a while but supposedly its been updated a couple of times
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
iceman785
+93|6643|Alaska, mother fucker.
FUCK. After two days of being awesome and absolutely destroying this server as bandits. Some fuck head found our camp of a UAZ, off-road and motobike, put all our shit in the off-road and drove off. I'm currently trying to find the fucking thing. God damnit. So many guns and ammo and car parts and jerry cans, gone!

So my brother heard a helo flying out of the NW corner of the map (near our camp) so we went to check it out. Found 4 trucks, full medical and food supplies. But no off-road with our guns. We fill up their off-road with most their shit, and blow up the rest. Then on our way south we found our old off-road still with most of its guns in it. Yes! Now we wait and see if it was an admin and he just takes the shit again because he can see where it's at.

Last edited by iceman785 (2012-12-15 20:55:57)

Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6444|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Epoch brought new things to this game. You can trade stuff you loot and buy better equipment and transport. Now you can buy an indestructible safe to store your stuff in and even build your own shack and put up zombieproof stick fences with a gate They also reduced the amount of slots stuff take. That kinda leans towards that you can build bigger stuff at some point. Also you can train a dog to be your buddy but that doesn't seem to work yet or then the dogs don't like the raw meat I try to tame them with. A friend of mine got a server a couple months ago and we're having plenty of fun in Chernarus.
Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
I feel like I'm the only one that thinks this game is mind numbingly boring.
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
i had some of my best gaming moments on dayz. if you have the patience it can pay off.
thepilot91
+64|6207|Åland!
what mod / map/ server are you bf2s guys playing it on?
Ultrafunkula

Epoch in Chernarus. Don't remember the server name, but I'll check it after work.
thepilot91
+64|6207|Åland!
epoch just feels so easy with map and gun from start...more shooter than survival just started playing Breaking point 800 guns people mostly kill on sight there aswelkl but you just get a taser 2 bandages and painkillers to start with, and food seems less common than in vanilla Dayz, plus the fact that the servers are well populated = hard mode
Ultrafunkula

We don't have anything at start on our server, which name I forgot to put here yesterday... It depends on the admins what kinda stuff you have at startup and how easy stuff is to find.
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6692|Ireland | Monaghan

Any of you guys see the standalone video from E3.

I'm not sure how "early stages" this is(in terms of when it's going to be released), but fuck me it doesn't look great atall, they have a lot of work to do, how long have they been making it. Showing such a terrible looking build at E3 was mega fail.

The character animations look like fucking WarZ. DayZ mod as it is still looks far better, probably less buggy too
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
Ultrafunkula

Well it STILL is in alpha stage. I think it's a good thing they released the video so they can get proper feedback about it and fix things.
thepilot91
+64|6207|Åland!
I dont really care if the standalone is a pilo of shit , even In the first stage of open beta/alpha/actual  game, as long as their mindset about creating the best possible game for the community still is there,  then will we have the standalone game not affected by any arma2 patches and stuff.

according to FrankieonPCin1080ps channel on the tube the alpha will be opened sometime in june , for a selected few including him , so maybe then we'll get some footage from someone who actually can play a shooter, unlike the e3noob...
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6662|Devon, England
Wasn't that a developer?
thepilot91
+64|6207|Åland!

FFLink wrote:

Wasn't that a developer?
dunno, the e3 guy wasn't very good anyway
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6662|Devon, England
Pretty sure he said he was a developer.

Sorry, "Production Assistant".

Last edited by FFLink (2013-06-15 04:10:21)

thepilot91
+64|6207|Åland!
well, I don't care he wasn't good at it.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DhZIe6-9v4

I'm not sure how "early stages" this is(in terms of when it's going to be released), but fuck me it doesn't look great atall, they have a lot of work to do, how long have they been making it. Showing such a terrible looking build at E3 was mega fail.

The character animations look like fucking WarZ. DayZ mod as it is still looks far better, probably less buggy too
oh yay! RANDOM CHANCE to be knocked over or knocked off balance! thanks so much for these changes! the game really missed some good old random chance, on top of all the other annoying bugs and grievances that would cause you to get killed for no fucking reason at all.

honestly i've always had the feeling since the very first dayz hype about this 'rocket' dev guy that he is delusionally detached from what your average dayz player/gamer actually wants. it's hilarious.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
aahahahaah that part at the end of the video. just as he's explaining that they've taken out/reduced all the high-end weapons (e.g. .50 cals) because they "weren't plausible" for everyone to be running around with in an apocalypse scenario... he goes "OOOH!" and zooms in on a fucking bright red rugby hat that's just chilling in someone's living room cupboard. then he equips the stupid big red mexican wrestler hat, as if it adds anything to the game, or is "plausible", or fits the context/atmosphere of the game. hahahaha.

just love how clueless these guys are. remove the god-tier of weapons - i.e. half the reason most people played and cared about their characters, trying to find the sweetest gear and rail down on coast-dwelling nubs - and focus on useless shit like "fashion-wear". remove vehicles from the release version of the game because you want to add the feature to "swap a door from one car to another". oh man! that makes it so worth the wait.

2/10 game will fail. definitely not giving them my money for a rip-off relaunch.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6624
That isn't Rocket in the video mind you, but still everything they've shown so far has just been disappointing. They want to make it a survival game and that just isn't going to work.

That interface had better be a placeholder because it looks like ass
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
i know it isn't rocket in the video. but he has done plenty of video commentaries over the months and yaps on in his annoying fucking accent about a load of pointless gimmick shit that nobody even cares about. he has totally destroyed the potential of dayz. what they needed is to transform the massive hype and enthusiasm for the mod into a quick product w/ some core stability and hack-protection fixes. then they could have iterated it from there. instead they decided to take 2 years, let all of the hype and interest in the game die out, let several 'competitors' (of whatever quality) step up and capitalize on the same-hype, and busy themselves with totally fucking pointless vanity crap. funny hats. rebuildable vehicle doors. more details interiors that, beyond their first impression, are ultimately pointless. stupid stupid stupid features.

dumb. this is what happens when you give a minor employee at a niche game company too much time and faith. he buys a maserati and turns the game into a half-assed sandbox for his terribly-baked ideas.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

I thought the best part was when the person who was watching the demonstration asked if they could blow up fuel tanks.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6624

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

...hitting nail squarely on head ....
I sadly have to agree.

I still play DayZ because the PvP can be good fun with a group of friends, but the "survival" aspect of the game long ago lost any charm that it may have had at the start. The zombies are just godawful and it features one of the more obtuse inventory systems ever devised, as well as countless bugs that I have since adapted to but which were maddening as a new player. I will probably play ARMA 3 and skip DayZ, unless something drastic happens between now and launch.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
yep. it's like he completely misunderstood its allure. he's basically trying to create a large-scale left 4 dead, i.e. hardcore cooperative survival game. nobody wants that. there are already left 4 dead games. people really got into ARMA because of the player-versus-player, the scope and scale of it, persistent death and rare loot, spontaneous 'human' moments, etc. they're designing so much co-op/computer based shit that no one gives a damn about. the original early days of the mod were never missing some useless dog companion that would go hunt zombies or find you food. that is dumb.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-06-15 12:13:24)

Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DhZIe6-9v4

That

looks

horrible

How do people enjoy this and War-Z?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard