Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6622|Little Bentcock
Aftermath is amazing
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6690|Devon, England
Yeah, it's good fun.

Crossbow is interesting, too. I like having anti-vehicle capabilities on any class, to an extent.
Adams_BJ
been playing lots of sniper with the xbow. getting decent with it
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

Xbow explosive is pretty weaksauce though. I've only killed one person with it, despite shooting off loads of bolts into people, including a headshot. Whether its only any good against vehicles I don't know.
FFLink
There is.
It's one-hit kill within 20m or so. Headshot at range is insta-kill (for me, anyway) with the long-range bolt.
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

the detection aspect is nice to weed out far off snipers
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6658|BC, Canada
Love it when people get angry with me for not dominating every game.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

Van in the palace? Hah! We expecte....OH FUCK LAV!
Scratch[USA]
+105|6546
I like these AM maps.  A lot more than I expected.
Adams_BJ
Got me a service star with the xbow yesterday. yay!
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5178|Sydney
\o/
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

Oho, teaser trailer for End Game on the 21st.
Tripulaci0n
+14|6155

bennisboy wrote:

What's everyone's psn IDs?
my username
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6311

I bought premium when it first came out but haven't played a minute of it yet
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

Just started using the coax HMG and I have to say its much better than canister.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6511|Gold Coast
Anyone else utilise the MAV/T-UGS as much as me? My most common medal is the surveillance one at 6, each earned with 30 surveillance ribbons, and am 3 ribbons shy of a seventh medal. Seems like a pretty decent tactic in the large volume TDM servers on specific maps. I can get some pretty decent points on Caspian border, Tehran highway and Kharg island using the MAV since the height of the map isnt restricted as it is with Sienne crossing for example. Spotting it seems is also a good booster for some extra points if using the MAV, since essentially its about 40 or 60 for the surveillance assist isnt it? Then another 20 on top for spotted assist. Good way to get points doing essentially nothing.
The T-UGS is pretty decent for the TDM map of Metro. Actually I've got a pretty decent method set out as recon that manages to get some surveillance points as well as kills, since the map is so small and everyone usually is centered in those two buildings. So I guess its a passive method to accumulate more points and ribbons.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6326|Australia

KuSTaV wrote:

Anyone else utilise the MAV/T-UGS as much as me? My most common medal is the surveillance one at 6, each earned with 30 surveillance ribbons, and am 3 ribbons shy of a seventh medal. Seems like a pretty decent tactic in the large volume TDM servers on specific maps. I can get some pretty decent points on Caspian border, Tehran highway and Kharg island using the MAV since the height of the map isnt restricted as it is with Sienne crossing for example. Spotting it seems is also a good booster for some extra points if using the MAV, since essentially its about 40 or 60 for the surveillance assist isnt it? Then another 20 on top for spotted assist. Good way to get points doing essentially nothing.
The T-UGS is pretty decent for the TDM map of Metro. Actually I've got a pretty decent method set out as recon that manages to get some surveillance points as well as kills, since the map is so small and everyone usually is centered in those two buildings. So I guess its a passive method to accumulate more points and ribbons.
I always use them.
Flying the MAV can be pretty fun, it reminds me of commander mode. Blowing up enemy spawn beacons/TUGS/MAVs/designators is satisfying too, and it's a tactic people seem to overlook when their team's pinned down by a well placed LD and enemy javelin squad.
And yea, the TUGS is very effective on TDM, or even conquest when you're defending/attacking a flag. I always pair it up with a shotgun, where I can engage people at corners, killing them before they can even aim at me. Setting it up at the right point can net you stupid amounts of points - I think it's 20 for the motion sensor assist, and a further 10 for the spot assist, and 200 points for the ribbon every 7 spots. That's actually how I got my recon unlocks back when I didn't use recon much - TUGS under the B flag on metro. I was getting a medal every other game. Now, it's one of my most used kits. Ever since I figured out the best way to use the TUGS, I can't go without it.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

I use the T-UGS quite often. The MAV not so much.

Managed to finally get some good use of the Xbow yesterday. Blasted a WZ-11 from my seat on a Littlebird with the explosive bolt. Was quite
FFLink
There is.
Some of the new Assignments are pretty hard.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6658|BC, Canada
About time they were a little more difficult to achieve.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6148|'straya
The one i'm finding difficult is the Rambo assignment. Getting 5 multi-kills is going to take some C4 whoring on metro or something. Shame you can't do it in vehicles otherwise I'd already have it.

KuSTaV wrote:

Anyone else utilise the MAV/T-UGS as much as me? My most common medal is the surveillance one at 6, each earned with 30 surveillance ribbons, and am 3 ribbons shy of a seventh medal.
I don't really use it that much to be honest, I prefer just to play assault when I play TDM. My most common medal is the Combat Efficiency Medal with 77 of them. That said, I do appreciate it when people playing as recon are actually using their TUGs/MAV/Spawn beacons effectively.

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2012-12-18 15:16:54)

FFLink
There is.
Multi-kills are very hard to get, when you try.

Only time I used to remember getting them were shooting down Venoms packed with players.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6323|Graz, Austria
Gunship on Rush could be an easy way to get multi kills, especially when no one is in a jet/heli to shoot you down.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6148|'straya
Doesn't count in vehicles unfortunately (unless the gunship is some sort of exception). Otherwise i'd have them from shooting the Venom down in a jet
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

I've either gotten multi's by hitting a loaded vehicle, or tossing a frag on a map like Metro.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard