unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

I'd buy some buckymagnets in spite of the ban, but holy shit are they ever overpriced for what they are. They should be banned for being $30 alone.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

Bought the mum a Nook HD. Only person left to do shopping for is father and a friend.
dondon26
Banned
+1|4159
Pack of full-bodied American Spirits
Lighter
Spark plugs
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

should have gotten those newport 100s
Brasso
+1,549|6630

Macbeth wrote:

Bought the mum a Nook HD. Only person left to do shopping for is father and a friend.
put android on it
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
dondon26
Banned
+1|4159

Macbeth wrote:

should have gotten those newport 100s
Tbh those are probably my least favorite cig lol. Too chemically and fake tasting which seems to be the case for most menthols.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6269
Might arrive by Christmas, probably won't.

https://i.imgur.com/TtbOB.jpg
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6622|Little Bentcock
I bought a meat pie. Yum.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

i bought some razors (have you seen the price on these fuckers lately?), a growler of beer, a notepad, and two pens.

i used to steal pens when i worked in an office supply warehouse, technically, because erryday before i loaded my truck i would wander over to this bin where a fuck-tonne of ballpoints would be hanging out waiting for me to take them on a ride in my thirty five foot hydraulic gated delivery truck and use them to check of this goddam piece of paper that said i just delivered paper to someone. i gave the pens away as parting gifts and forgot to keep a few for myself and now that i don't deliver any more i gotta buy a pen like everyone else. i miss that truck because the horn used to scare the living shit outta blue-haired old ladies that CAN'T TAKE THEIR GODDAM FOOT off the goddam brake pedal at a green light, stupid bitches.

oh and the beer was a nice pilsner ale that is brewed locally.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England
I bought a fountain pen recently. Makes all the hipsters jealous
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

Jay wrote:

hipsters use fountain pens? it's funny cause you keep referencing on here very contrived 'image'/'status' products that you buy, then try to divert attention away from your own aching insecurity with boring hipster jokes. fountain pens aren't 'fashionable' or 'cool'. they're not 'retro' accessories. you just bought one because you're a conceited twat and you think it'll make you come across as more literary or sophisticated or idk what. you joke about it "making hipsters jealous" because you are obviously insecure.

Last edited by aynrandroolz (2012-12-27 09:33:05)

jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

13urnzz wrote:

i bought some razors (have you seen the price on these fuckers lately?), a growler of beer, a notepad, and two pens.
I know right, like they are made of platinum
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

aynrandroolz wrote:

Jay wrote:

hipsters use fountain pens? it's funny cause you keep referencing on here very contrived 'image'/'status' products that you buy, then try to divert attention away from your own aching insecurity with boring hipster jokes. fountain pens aren't 'fashionable' or 'cool'. they're not 'retro' accessories. you just bought one because you're a conceited twat and you think it'll make you come across as more literary or sophisticated or idk what. you joke about it "making hipsters jealous" because you are obviously insecure.
I bought it because it was interesting. I'm very, very picky about my pens and pencils. I hate ball point pens, gel roller ball pens usually look stupid, and felt tip pens bleed through. The fountain pen has water-based ink and doesn't bleed. It is a pain in the ass to use sometimes though, but the lines it writes makes up for it. I like it more than I hate it, which I can't say for most pens.

Not that you care, but my absolute favorite pencil is this:
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21w33guvcRL._SX300_.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/Pentel-Mechanical … rry+pencil

I've bought three of them over the years.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
LittleBitchy
I hope Hell has wi-fi.
+150|5459|Yeah, there :)
penis. pink one.
Fall seven times. Stand up eight.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX

aynrandroolz wrote:

Jay wrote:

I discovered your secret
http://www.elsewhere.org/pomo/
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

Dilbert_X wrote:

aynrandroolz wrote:

Jay wrote:

I discovered your secret
http://www.elsewhere.org/pomo/
that website is about 4 years old. also, i'm not a pomo scholar. and that website makes fun of a very specific tendency in pomo (or more specifically post-structuralist) theory: to be very abstruse and incredibly self-involved. not that it doesn't make sense (though of course that word generative grammar based experiment doesn't make any sense). the 'joke' is that pomo theory is so esoteric that it only makes sense to other philosophy/literary types. i.e. it's not really a 'joke' at all, but more just something devised by computer science geeks and science nerds to laugh at the indecipherable theory of another discipline (the assumption-slash-fallacy being that, just because it's in the english language, and is ostensibly about english, all humanities research should be understandable by others). it's the equivalent of a humanities major making a 'science gobble-de-gook generator' and pasting random mathematical symbols and nomenclature in long, nonsensical equations. i.e. it's not funny and it's not clever. c.f. the sokal affair, which was genuinely funny and did have a point. no doubt back in the 70's, at the height of post-structuralist fashion, there were plenty of third-rate professors in bottom-league american colleges pumping out fashionable dirge. show me a profession that doesn't have a bottom-end of the bell-curve producing shite and blagging their way through.

tl;dr: CONGRATS DILBERT YOU'RE SO SPECIAL!

in light of modern scientific research, it is also highly ironic, because if any field or discipline needs simplicity of thought and clarity of expression to be of any use to anyone else, it's the current & contemporary fringes of modern science. postmodernism's theoretical hey-day died out back in the 1980's. that style of writing is an in-joke within humanities departments now... though, crucially, they DO still understand the material. hence it being an 'in-joke'. you laughing at it is basically the same schtick as jay: another chance to load other people with your intellectual insecurities.

Last edited by aynrandroolz (2012-12-28 09:05:07)

PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6190|Roma
Thank god. I couldn't understand shit.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
it's a nonsense-generator, basically. it has an index of 'postmodern' technical words, sorted by their word-class and grammar-type, and then spits them out in 'sentences'. sentences which, on a mechanical-linguistic level, are perfectly formed (i.e. grammar and syntax form whole sentences, with verb/object, adjective/noun, etc), but on the semantic level - i.e. signified meaning - it is total gobbledegook. as i said, it's like a humanities student taking a bunch of mathematical symbols from various advanced areas of quantum physics or rocket science, and then spitting them out in a random order. the 'satire' lasts for about 0.3 seconds. and the punchline is basically "lol xD we don't understand what the fuck you're talking about ;P". you have to question who is laughing and who is being laughed at.

Last edited by aynrandroolz (2012-12-28 10:37:37)

El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5719|Gulf Coast

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/35079/HelpingHands.jpg

Been looking for one of these in my area for a while. Bought and returned two over priced ones from Radio Shack and then I found this one in Target for $10. /smallvictory
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Are you painting minifigs or something?
-Frederick Bastiat
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6473|6 6 4 oh, I forget

LG 55LM649T

El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5719|Gulf Coast

Jay wrote:

Reading minifigs made me picture mini fig newtons. I actually use if for soldering repairs on my guitars/basses and I'm ordering a pedal kit too. Kinda like paint by number for assembling bass or guitar effect pedals.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

El Beardo wrote:

Jay wrote:

Reading minifigs made me picture mini fig newtons. I actually use if for soldering repairs on my guitars/basses and I'm ordering a pedal kit too. Kinda like paint by number for assembling bass or guitar effect pedals.
https://www.miniaturefigurines.co.uk/images/catalogue/1NP.jpg

My dad used to spend hours painting these when I was a kid, detailed down to the buttons on the shirt.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX

aynrandroolz wrote:

it is also highly ironic, because if any field or discipline needs simplicity of thought and clarity of expression to be of any use to anyone else, it's the current & contemporary fringes of modern science
At least it is useful.
i'm not a pomo scholar.
Yeah you are.

Jay wrote:

My dad used to spend hours painting these when I was a kid, detailed down to the buttons on the shirt.
I spent fucken hours painting Citadel miniatures, I still have them in fact.

Back on topic:

One of these, to scan in my bazillion negatives and slides, and so I can finally ditch my film and print processing gear.
https://globestaronline.com/wp-content/uploads/products_img/epson%20perfection%20v700%20photo%20scanner.jpg

And one of these, as the rearsight on my Toz sucks bottom.

https://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp268/shootersshop/259-anim.gif

I'll have to find the time to machine up an adaptor.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2012-12-28 22:48:54)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5508|America
Got my command squad for my space marine tabletop army. Pretty excited to get to work on these guys!

https://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff34/Blade4509/m1252468_99120101028_SMCmdSqdmain_445x319_zpsd82d4890.jpg
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard