globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria

KuSTaV wrote:

I feel that the only way people who arent level 40+ to excel in the game is to join a server with no vehicles... those vehicle perks can be quite imbalanced if its a low-rank jet vs high rank AA/heli/jet. I was playing on Kharg I think it was, and it was pretty much impossible for me to survive 20+ seconds in a jet, and would inevitably end up aiming the jet at a tank on the ground just to make it not a waste.
Yeah, it's hard in the beginning until you unlock heat seekers.
It was even harder before they made IR flares a default equipment.

I remember that I got the first 400 points in jets by flying low over flags to get a few capture assist points, then crashing into enemies to hope for a road kill.
Until I got the heat seekers at 800 points, I think I only made a single kill with the gun.

If you have Armored Kill, everything is so much easier with the huge, slow AC-130 gunship.
Two strafes with heat seekers and gun salvos can take it down and the crew is too uncoordinated to use their two flares properly most of the time.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6147|'straya
Other than being able to kill armour and infantry easier with rocket pods, for air to air in a jet you should just be using the cannon anyway.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6689|Devon, England
Yup.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6629|New Hampshire, USA
I haven't played much of this game, A. because my computer wasn't able to handle it before the upgrade, and B. because I don't like the direction they are going with the series.  I can officially say, though, battlefield is now dead to me

https://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2012/331/673308_20121127_640screen002.jpg
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
bennisboy
+829|6645|Poundland
So in the assignments, before I can unlock the XBOW SCOPED, it says I need to go play CQ.... I don't know what assignments I have to complete to unlock this one
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6657|BC, Canada
Battlelog?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

Finally, Aftermath starts downloading.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

Bombin around the upper floors of Azadi palace in the Rhino. Got loads of kills because for some reason a van was highly inconspicuous up there.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

AM isn't bad.

Was expecting a lot more though.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

I like the destroyable doors and stuff and the indoor areas, though it gets a bit confusing and difficult to see people sometimes, especially in that palace.
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

AussieReaper wrote:

AM isn't bad.

Was expecting a lot more though.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria
IMO, Aftermath is the better Closed Quarters.
The Scavenger mode is better than Conquest Domination, as you don't have all the regular weapons in such small maps.
And the maps are a bit larger and more varied, as well as with an even bigger focus on vertical gameplay.

In fact, switching the game modes in these two expansions would make a lot of sense.
GeoEnvi
+22|6685|Philadelphia, PA
Funny... I was expecting a lot LESS from AM, as the pre-release videos didn't really give us much to go on.  The rubble piles indicated that I'd be getting BF3 versions of the "Cracked" map from BlOps, and I was completely mistaken.

The focus on vertical gameplay is definitely a major component.  Catwalks, tin roofs, ramparts, escalators all add to the chaotic nature of engagements.  They can come from anywhere... even above.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6510|Gold Coast
crossbows are fucking gay
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

KuSTaV wrote:

i think the gayest thing with come with "end game", horses or something
GeoEnvi

KuSTaV wrote:

no argument therefore your point is invalid
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6689|Devon, England
Can you actually see the bolt when it's left? Only really tried to use them in Scavenger, and unless the target is within 50m and stood still, I can't work out the drop and velocity.

Last edited by FFLink (2012-12-06 07:31:32)

GeoEnvi
The regular bolt is only good within 50m to 75m.  You can see it fly toward, and overshoot.

The scan bolt seems to have a flat trajectory and a decent (200m) range.

The HE bolt, drops faster than a coes knickers on prom night.  To get any appreciable range out of it, you need to elevate the bow past the point where you can even see it hit.  Even with the scope.

The BA bolt has a lazer flat trajectory in the 200m range.  I was missing with it at range for quite a while, before I realized it wasn't dropping.  The red feathers help see it to the target.
Tripulaci0n
+14|6155
Played BF3 on the PC since it came out
Recently got it for PS3 and its just as fun
Aftermath was fun! and beautiful.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6657|BC, Canada
Playing on PS3 guy called [1942]SBennetIII shows up on the server I'm on...

Last edited by -Whiteroom- (2012-12-07 20:51:50)

bennisboy
+829|6645|Poundland
What's everyone's psn IDs?
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

-Whiteroom- wrote:

all the medals?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6688|Tampa Bay Florida
It's mind boggling to me that after having one of the best ideas ever with the ziplines in special forces for BF2 that they go and make the crossbow...  A SHITTY BLACK OPS SELL OUT.  FUCK YOU EA.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6657|BC, Canada

jsnipy wrote:

-Whiteroom- wrote:

all the medals?
Almost. Had to look.

Last edited by -Whiteroom- (2012-12-08 07:50:12)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard