Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6473|6 6 4 oh, I forget

AussieReaper wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

You should watch Event Horizon, then Pandorum.
Event Horizon I liked plenty. Pandorum? How is it?
Quite good, has a Dead Space feel to it.

Just go into the movie knowing it's not made by a huge movie studio and you'll come out thinking it was very good. It could have done with a larger budget and more set design, etc but had a decent plot, suspense, etc
Noice. Gotta check it out.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6681|Disaster Free Zone

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Might have to watch it at some point, when i've forgotten a bit more of the story.
haven't seen the new one, but from what I've heard the stories are very different. They don't even go to mars in the new one, and that's the entire point of the original...

Also its not a 'great' movie, but more a cult classic if that makes sense. If you watch it for the fist time these days, I think it will look very very dated similar to Tron.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

I thought the new one was supposed to be closer to the original book?
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6191|Roma

DrunkFace wrote:

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Might have to watch it at some point, when i've forgotten a bit more of the story.
haven't seen the new one, but from what I've heard the stories are very different. They don't even go to mars in the new one, and that's the entire point of the original...

Also its not a 'great' movie, but more a cult classic if that makes sense. If you watch it for the fist time these days, I think it will look very very dated similar to Tron.
Yeah, I thought Tron was over-rated
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6389
Men in Black 3

theylookold-ish/10
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Dark Knight Rises - 6.5/10

This really has nothing to do with my rating, but why didn't Batman use his knockout darts on Bane?
Reciprocity
+721|6580|the dank(super) side of Oregon

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Dark Knight Rises - 6.5/10

This really has nothing to do with my rating, but why didn't Batman use his knockout darts on Bane?
I'm sure the answer has something to do with being born into "it", being molded by "it"
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

I'd shit bricks if they brought Ra's Al Ghul all the way back, but no fourth movie as far as I know.  Also, what was the point of introducing Robin if no fourth movie?
Benzin
+576|5998

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I'd shit bricks if they brought Ra's Al Ghul all the way back, but no fourth movie as far as I know.  Also, what was the point of introducing Robin if no fourth movie?
No one has ever said that there wouldn't be a fourth movie at all. Chris Nolan merely stated that he is not directing any more Batman flicks but has expressed interest in remaining on as producer if someone else wants to take the lead.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

He wouldn't necessarily be Robin. I think in the comics Robin actually became Batman. The name is likely more of a shout out like the R someone holds up for the team during the football match, which has the same style as Robin's suit R.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

The character's "real" name's Robin, he's already a white knight detective and he found the Batcave. How would he not be Robin?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The character's "real" name's Robin, he's already a white knight detective and he found the Batcave. How would he not be Robin?
Mostly because I doubt they would make a film about Robin that didn't have Batman at some point. The more likely scenario is that Blake becomes Batman and then he takes on another, perhaps that kid that's with him a lot. His character is an amalgamation of several characters, including the various Robin's who went on to become Batman in the comics.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6653
Let's not get too spoiler-y for the sake of the one asshole in the world who still hasn't seen the most recent Batman.

Last edited by -CARNIFEX-[LOC] (2012-12-05 10:31:37)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

Apologies.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5913|...

Breaking Dawn Part 2: 10/10

But, I also saw Looper a while back... 8/10 for realz. JGL does a mean Bruce Willis impression.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

To have some sort of closure and reassurance that Gotham won't go to hell after Bruce retires.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

Was the dream sequence fight as hilarious as I'm told?
(Re: Twilight.)
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

It's so much better in the book.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
HITNRUNXX
+220|6709|Oklahoma City
Men In Black 3: 7/10
Rather enjoyable. I think it might have been the best overall of the three. Then again, I don't remember a single thing about the second one.

Dark Knight Rises:
6/10 if it is not a Batman movie.
4/10 as a Batman movie.
It just never once felt like "Batman." This was like generic script #65442 that they just plugged Batman characters into where they fit, or left them out/rewrote them where they didn't. I understand that slapping a popular franchise on top of any movie will help it do well, but this one just didn't have that Batman feeling at all. Barely any stealth. Certainly no detective. More street brawler. Less barely contained rage brood and more emo feeling sorry for himself. A lot of belief suspension. A lot of watching Bane talk with less expression than Darth Vader. A lot of wondering what someone (especially Bane) said, but not enough interest to actually care what you missed.

So basically, if you want a fairly mindless action movie with a guy that can heal really quickly, and works out a lot, then puts on a suit to become better than everyone else, then this is it.

If you want Batman and his sneaking, stealth, detective, figuring things out, planning, ambushing, and being one step ahead the whole time... Go play Arkham City.

Spoiler (highlight to read):

And since the bomb had a 6 mile blast radius, and he didn't finish kissing Selina and get off the ground and really going until about 30 seconds were left, wouldn't that mean he would have to be traveling at about 720mph for that whole flight?

And seriously, all their "calculations" would just say things like "About 5 months." So how would they have it timed down to the minute? Especially people that didn't have access to look at the timer?

Did Talia want to die? She hit the button while she was still in the city...

The recurring theme on why Batman wore the mask was "Because anyone could be the Batman." Which lends to believe that anyone could be a hero. Yet in a City of over 12 million people, only the 3,000 cops were willing to make a stand?

Why did they have to make that jump when climbing out of the pit? It isn't like the wall was suddenly smooth... It looked the same all the way up. If nothing else, couldn't you climb around to that other ledge? They had tools and rope, couldn't they had done that a little safer and therefore more commonly? Why would you have a safety rope on someone, and then let them fall 50 feet before snapping to a stop at the end? Shouldn't you put a little tension on that thing?

The only stealth in the movie was him being "behind you" on a couple guys when he was with Selina and hitting a few guys with knock out darts from the shadows. Wait, he had knock out darts? Why didn't he use those on more people? Why didn't he use a handful of those on Bane? Why would BATMAN walk out through an open street in broad daylight and brawl against Bane Street Fighter style?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Dark Knight Rises really suffered from confusing timescale. When you look at how long it would take to recover from that king of back injury and how long the cops were trapped underground...it didn't make much sense to me.

Also, why didn't Batman simply throw a few of his knock-out batarangs at Bane?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

I couldn't take Bane seriously with that stupid voice.

And yeah, it didn't feel like a batman movie at all.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6689|Tampa Bay Florida
You can blame the first Dark Knight for starting the "let's take something inherently ridiculous and meant to be fun and instead make it dark and emo and then people will think it passes for drama"

Just look at the new Star Trek trailer.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

Batman is supposed to be dark and emo, it's kind of the point behind the character.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Macbeth wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

To have some sort of closure and reassurance that Gotham won't go to hell after Bruce retires.
Batman Beyond, anyone?

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6689|Tampa Bay Florida
Most overrated directors of all time :

Quentin Tarantino.  He's a good writer but sucks at film making.  After being told Pulp Fiction was like some postmodernist second coming of Christ, I barely made it through the first hour without falling asleep.  Same goes for Reservoir Dogs.  Snappy dialogue and smug actors trying to be cool does not make a good movie.  Inglorious Basterds was excellent, however.

Kathryn Bigelow.  The Hurt Locker was one of the most over-hyped and overrated pieces of shit I have ever had the misfortune of seeing. The film strives for authenticity yet somehow makes a mockery of the notion.  You didn't have to serve in Iraq or Afghanistan to know that bomb disposal troops do not drive through towns and deserts without backup.  They do not drive aimlessly through to desert to randomly come across some SAS commandos, pick up a sniper rifle, and hit a moving target a mile away.  One single soldier does not go AWOL to get personal revenge in Baghdad at night time without getting killed after 30 seconds.  These things would not be so bad were it not for the fact that the movie has literally no narrative to speak of and the actors might as well have been cardboard cutouts.  Zero character development.  Liberal faggots and middle school boys might have thought this movie was cool but even by Hollywood standards it was the one of the most cartoonish portrayals of war that has ever been made.  Here's hoping Zero Dark Thirty is better but I'm being cautiously optimistic. 

Chris Nolan.  Good god how I despise this man.  Memento was interesting and unique but at the end of the day it was a one trick pony.  Batman Begins and Prestige were his best films.  The Dark Knight, Inception, and the Dark Knight Rises are all mediocre at best, which is why he is on this list.  The pacing is horrendous, the writing is average, and he does not know how to film action scenes.  He cynically likes to make the audience believe they are watching some dramatic exploration of the human condition, when in fact, upon close inspection, he is only manipulating them.  The actors are decent and try their best but cannot get very far with the script they are handed.  The best thing going for these movies is the cinematography.  He has mastered the art of making films which he can then cut into superb trailers which then draw people to the theater.   

M.O.A.B wrote:

Batman is supposed to be dark and emo, it's kind of the point behind the character.
There's a difference between making a Batman film which is dark and emo and making a film based on Batman which your obviously hoping to win an Academy Award.  I liked Batman Begins.  TDK and TDKR, however, are over the top films which are designed for 2 things.  1. Make a shitload of money and 2. Get a shitload of positive critical reception (neither of which are necessarily bad things).  Unfortunately the majority of the time these two things are mutually exclusive.  All the money and exposure Chris Nolan got with BB got to his head and now he doesn't know when to stop.

Peter Jackson.  The man obviously knows the logistics of handling large amounts of money and incorporating some excellent special effects.  But so does George Lucas.  He's a lot like Chris Nolan in the fact that he pretty much nails down the cinematography and then tries to build a film around it.  The LOTR trilogy was decent but did not deserve nearly half the accolades it got, in my opinion.  Now he's cashing it out, Lucas style, with a prequel trilogy.  What a hack.

Last edited by Spearhead (2012-12-11 14:23:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard