Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
Loved GTA, but didn't really get into IV. I hope this is good.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

Miggle wrote:

I can tell by the screenshots that this game is in fact going to be better than san andreas
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
WTF Autumn (spring) just started and we have to wait til SPRING (autumn)?!
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
It's confirmed now, Spring 2013:

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2012/10/ … next-week/

No mention of the PC though
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Sweet!
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6359
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
If you're trying to play it with your friends and taking turns or to do multiplayer then yeah console is better but if you're playing by yourself and you have a good PC, you just plug in a 360 controller and you're good to go, at least with GTA IV and it'll look that much better plus forced AA as an option instead of the lazy blurring effect

GTA with mouse & keyboard is one of the most awkward control schemes ever, I'm surprised I cared enough to get as far as I did in San Andreas on the PC just to see what things are like with better graphics.  GTA III was too unbearable for me to even bother with for more than 3 missions

Really I should be saying GTA IV is better on PC, the older ones are probably better on console unless you feel like fucking around with controller drivers and shit like that on your PC cuz mouse and keyboard blows for this game

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-10-31 22:43:22)

VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California

mikkel wrote:

GTA is awful on console.
FTFY.

OK, community and mods may be better on console, but games like GTA play much better with a console controller.
Console only because GTA is basically a console game.
I don't care what GTA1 came out on, GTA3 on are really the modern day GTA and they were made for consoles. They then realized they could port them to PC too.

Would be like a console fan complaining some  new half life release is primarily for PC
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
I think they're going to release a trailer on Nov 2nd.

Edit: never mind

“We are working on a second trailer - unfortunately Hurricane Sandy has derailed our plans somewhat but we will have something to show soon. Its hard to be precise as we have no power whatsoever in our New York office. We hope everyone else in affected areas is doing okay.”

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2012-11-01 17:10:41)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone

VicktorVauhn wrote:

but games like GTA play much better with a console controller.
But they just don't...

Apart from flying which is 100% due to stupid key role sharing between all vehicle types, land/sea/air and the inability to remap the keys properly a mouse and keyboard is far superior in every other aspect.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

DrunkFace wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

But they just don't...

Apart from flying which is 100% due to stupid key role sharing between all vehicle types, land/sea/air and the inability to remap the keys properly a mouse and keyboard is far superior in every other aspect.
Mouse and keyboard is better for running about shooting/aiming. But if you're saying it's better for driving then you're talking out of your arse.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
Yeah, I was gonna say, vehicles are just plain better with a controller.  You have finer control of your speed and your turning with the analog trigger/X button and sticks than with the keyboard where you're either accelerating full speed or not at all with W, same with turning: all the way or not at all with A and D.  The camera is also very weird with the mouse & keyboard where you have to follow everywhere your car turns with the mouse instead of being able to simply break away from looking straight with the right thumbstick whenever you need to turn or look around

I can't even imagine how clumsy flying the very sensitive GTA IV helicopters must be with the mouse & keyboard
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
i've done GTA4 all the way through on both console and PC. PC is nicer for things like sniping, AR's and nading, but console is so so so much better for driving/flying/any kind of movement really. and given the main focus of the games is on using vehicles...
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
If somebody really wanted, they could have the 360 controller on the PC and switch right over to that when they entered a vehicle, then back to the mouse & keyboard when they got out, much like people in Battlefield switch to a joystick for aircraft.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-11-03 09:48:42)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
yeah, slightly a pain in the arse to have to swap control systems every 30 seconds.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
It's instantaneous recognition in this game, you don't have to change the settings from mouse & keyboard to controller for one or the other to work, they both do at all times and you can go right from one to the other as fast as you can put down/pick up a controller and move your hands to/from the keyboard.  That might also be what you meant though, lol
mikkel
+383|6571
Driving with all-or-nothing input like a keyboard is definitely not amazing, but analog sticks on controllers are by far the worst granular input devices for driving. I drive much better with the keyboard than anyone I've seen driving with a controller in GTA. The thing to me is that the majority of story content in GTA games is on foot, and that the game itself is a third person shooter. Playing it with a controller and fine aiming is clumsy as fuck, and if you don't use fine aiming, you're really just playing the biggest part of the game with easy mode auto aiming. That's no fun.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone

coke wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

But they just don't...

Mouse and keyboard is better for running about shooting/aiming. But if you're saying it's better for driving then you're talking out of your arse.
My arse can speak then. much prefer the keyboard for driving then shitty unresponsive inaccurate thumb sticks. The only downfall is flying but that's a flaw with the game not the controls as I can easily fly choppers and planes in a game like BF with both keyboard or mouse & keyboard, which is possible in GTA IV but just a bit clumsy at times. Saying that in previous GTAs (vice city/SA) the flying controls were much more intuitive and usable for KB.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2012-11-03 18:39:09)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
I remember trying to play San Andreas and GTA IV about a year or two ago and it's amazing how dissimilar the mouse & keyboard controls are from each other in both games to the point where you couldn't easily go between one or the other, but they were overall much more usable in San Andreas than in GTA IV, maybe they'll correct this in V and there will be a decent control scheme on the PC version.

Not that I care, I'll still be playing it with a controller just like IV, lol but it might as well work right on every platform
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
it doesn't matter what platform you play it's just preference. i've just bought an xbox and when gta comes out i'll play it on that, with all my irl friends and it will probably be the last great gaming experience i'll have down to the fact that PC gaming is going to shit. it looks better on pc, and the mods will no doubt be cool, but i'd rather play it with all my friends...
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
"friends"
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
"play"
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
"irl"
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
So where's the trailer?
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

FFLink wrote:

So where's the trailer?
dont need one

screenshots. greatest game ever
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard