FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England

Interesting. May explain some frustrating circumstances.

Also, isn't the desert the biggest map?
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
girls play bf3?
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

omg what is the logic behind that kind of behavior?

also yeah Bandar desert is considered the biggest.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6664|Howell, Mi USA
Ohhh that makes sence. Ive wondered why sometimes ur knife doesnt do anything and other times u can grab n stab people from 10ft away.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6547|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Does make a lot of sense, but why the hell does dice havent made anything about it, and how can this be, does the takedown divide by zero or what?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
I've heard somebody say it was an engine limitation with Frostbite 2.0
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

frostbite is a terrible engine
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

Don't see what the limitation applies to though, is it a matter of syncing the take-down animations between two clients?

Seems awful bizarre.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
The only reason I could think of is, that DICE wanted to prevent someone knifing someone else who is also knifing, and they made this cheap workaround.

Otherwise Frostbite would be a really, really bad engine if it can't handle 2 animations simultaneously and calculate the outcome.
FFLink
There is.
I'm sure it's just something that's never been tested. I tweeted them the video, asking if they were aware of it and they replied "We are now, thanks, forwarding the info to the devs".
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

FFLink wrote:

I'm sure it's just something that's never been tested. I tweeted them the video, asking if they were aware of it and they replied "We are now, thanks, forwarding the info to the devs".
Well, during the 150 hours I have played the game, I have never encountered this "broken" knife effect shown in the video.
I only have 96 kills though, but whenever I failed one, it was the classic "enemy turns around too early" bug.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
i've only found a delay in knifing when i have flanked a whole squad a noobs and i am knifing them one by one.  splutters a few seconds but i just attributed that to maybe being too eager to shaft them.

Last edited by m3thod (2012-09-24 12:45:20)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
Happens all the bloody time this so annoying!
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

m3thod wrote:

i've only found a delay in knifing when i have flanked a whole squad a noobs and i am knifing them one by one.  splutters a few seconds but i just attributed that to maybe being too eager to shaft them.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6547|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
I did encounter this bug quite alot...Knife being my best wep...its annoying as hell, but thanks to FFlink, we may see this fixed! Hooray!
m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK
do you guys actually pull out the knife and then use it? 

I've assigned middle mouse for melee so as soon as i press the button it automatically goes into stab mode, i've never once experienced a knife bug despite seeing complaints about it since day one.
FFLink
There is.
My knife key is E. If I tap it, it will swing once then go back to my gun, or if I'm behind someone then it'll go into the animation, then back to my gun. I think you will just swing if the knife isn't already out and this "bug" occurs.

If I hold E,  it'll do the above except keep the knife out afterwards.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5654|SQUID
blunder of the century
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

m3thod wrote:

do you guys actually pull out the knife and then use it? 

I've assigned middle mouse for melee so as soon as i press the button it automatically goes into stab mode, i've never once experienced a knife bug despite seeing complaints about it since day one.
I have it set to a mouse button. It really depends on the type of game you are playing I used to play a lot of TDM on maps like Noshar and it would happen virtually every other knife attempt, which would be explained by the fact that loads of people are trying to get knife kills.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
have it set to a thumb side button, and it still spazzes out if i'm on a stab spree. i normally stab one, put a silenced shot into the head then slash, then properly stab the next person.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
Just came up behind two guys on Metro. I press the instant-knife button and lo-and-behold it doesn't work. I switch to my gun but it's too late, he turned around and wasted me. I look up at the kill messages and there was a knife kill as I was doing one.

FWP
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
Well, that explains a lot. Surely they can just get rid of the animation and just kill the person, like in BF2?

No wait, that makes far too much sense.
m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK
now fixed

Knife takedown fix
Fixed so that there can be multiple knife kills at the same time on a server.

Rationale: We had a bug where only one knife takedown could take place at any one time on one server. If you attempted a knife takedown at the exact same time as someone else on the server, the takedown animation wouldn’t play, and your opponent wouldn’t take any damage. This has now been fixed.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6359
was that for console too?
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK
yaar

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard