-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California

Frank Reynolds wrote:

i love jihad ATV and all the butthurt im's that follow.
Yep it's so fun! Especially on xbox cause they all have mics and hearing them rage is hilarious.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
viva_la_beaver
Disabled
+0|4211
Hi , can anyone help me. I have tried updating my stats on this site, however it says account exists, but no player attached to account?
It was working up until a couple of weeks ago.
Cheers
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England

Spearhead wrote:

All my favorite Rush servers tried AK for maybe 6 hours after the game came out and then went back to normal rotation.  No way anyone will play it until the AC-130 is fixed.
You mean the inability to remap controls?
iceman785
+93|6643|Alaska, mother fucker.

viva_la_beaver wrote:

Hi , can anyone help me. I have tried updating my stats on this site, however it says account exists, but no player attached to account?
It was working up until a couple of weeks ago.
Cheers
Wait, people actually use this site for stats?
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
The sites stats have been effed up for awhile now. not updating properly.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

Too many updates to Battlelog.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240

FFLink wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

All my favorite Rush servers tried AK for maybe 6 hours after the game came out and then went back to normal rotation.  No way anyone will play it until the AC-130 is fixed.
You mean the inability to remap controls?
He means the way the gunship gives the attackers a ridiculous advantage, and so every game results in them rolling over the defenders.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Gunship can be taken down quickly with two people working together with stingers. It's not that overpowered, but it requires coordination to defeat quickly. A good frogfoot pilot can keep the A-10 and AC-130 down the whole game. I've done it a few times.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
no co-ordination needed, it is a giant easy target in the sky. A little bird can take it down easy enough.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Gunship can be taken down quickly with two people working together with stingers. It's not that overpowered, but it requires coordination to defeat quickly. A good frogfoot pilot can keep the A-10 and AC-130 down the whole game. I've done it a few times.
Ya, but you still lost anyway, because the maps give the attackers 3 to 4 armored vehicles and the defenders get maybe 2 at most.  Amirite?

It's the same thing with Caspian Border on Rush.  Dice just has no idea how to properly balance the game on consoles because quite frankly I doubt they even play it.
GeoEnvi
+22|6657|Philadelphia, PA

-Whiteroom- wrote:

lol, listening to people in chat on Tank Superiority. We lose badly, the only two times we held the flag were when I capped it and got killed right away. Their surprised we lose, saying "damn that's hard to retake." They spent the whole round camping out of reach of the flag, not even in a tank.
This has happened more times that I can count.  The pubbies haven't figured out that it's flag control that wins this, not camping the hillside with telescopes on your tank cannons.
GeoEnvi

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Death Valley - Not a fan of this map in any game mode.
Armoed Shield - Absolutely beautiful map, great gameplay and fun in every game type.
A-something mountains - Lots of fun on Rush, not so much on conquest because of the lack of players and few engagements.
Bandar Desert - Sucks in all game modes
Death Valley was my least favorite for a while too, but now it's grown on me.  Give it some time.

It's pretty cool on TS.  Feels like some WWII blitzkrieg action.  On CQ, there's usually some intense battles at C and A.  I like CQ for the Mobile Arty, and raining in rocket deth from little hidey holes on the ridge side of the map.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

GeoEnvi wrote:

-Whiteroom- wrote:

lol, listening to people in chat on Tank Superiority. We lose badly, the only two times we held the flag were when I capped it and got killed right away. Their surprised we lose, saying "damn that's hard to retake." They spent the whole round camping out of reach of the flag, not even in a tank.
This has happened more times that I can count.  The pubbies haven't figured out that it's flag control that wins this, not camping the hillside with telescopes on your tank cannons.
fucking love tank sup

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/ba … 286939883/

capped 6 times i think, hid near the point and whenever it flashed tow+main cannon=collect points. running that's helping me get better at using the main cannon on inf too (using HMG with tanks)
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240

Also while I'm here I may as well give opinions on the maps and modes.

Rush - Currently unplayable on all maps due to the Gunship.
Conquest - Best mode by far for all maps. The gunship spawn flag spoils the mode due to the fact that you end up attacking/defending it and nothing else the entire game. All other flags are far less important and it limits what you can do to help the team.
Tank Superiority  - Gimmick spam mode. Only played it twice but it was awful both times.

Death Valley - Nice looking map but it seems that no matter where you are, you're being attacked from all directions. It gets frustrating quickly and I now avoid it.
Armored Shield - Bland map with no defining features. Boring. Artillery can defend flags from within it's uncap.
Alborz mountains - Brilliant map. DICE have remembered that terrain can exist, and maps don't all have to be completely flat. Nicely spaced out flags, and great gameplay opportunities due to the jagged, twisting, elevated terrain.
Bandar Desert - Great map. Expansive, mostly flat but dunes and the town provide interesting gameplay.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2012-09-17 08:32:22)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
In that comment section of that Youtube video it was suggested that the defenders get a mobile AA to deal with the gunship. I agree with that and think it would balance it out well. As for right now though, I've already told you guys I can deal with the gunship, and usually in one pass. I don't see why it's such a big deal. The enemy never had it for more than 45 seconds when I was ina  frogtoot and we won.

Armored Shield is fantastic. The trick is to use the hedge rows and hills for cover when moving from flag to flag. What I always find really neat about the maps DICE makes is the amount of attention to detail. For example all the cap points on Armored Shield have really cool backgrounds. There's a water treatment plant, a farm, etc. There's tons of cool new areas.

Each map has a unique setting and it's not even so much the gameplay that I like so much as the setting. "Oh cool we're fighting in an Alps-like locatioN" or "oh man this is a cool little urban town on the border of a giant uninhabitable desert!" I love setting.

Problem I'm noticing with Tank Superiority is you have to use IR smoke and everybody has a javelin and your whole team camps the hills with zoom optics not doing crap. Thank God I'm so good in vehicles (I suck at infantry) because I can hit those immobile campers while I'm on the move with my tank destroyer / MBT.
GeoEnvi
IR smoke use I do not.  Extinguish.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Sounds like a good idea I might try that out.

When you get disabled, you can usually take two more hits. I'd wait for one more hit then extinguish. How much HP does it leave you with?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
you can defend vs a clued in squad (2+ javs fired at the same time) with smoke. you can't with extinguisher.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
That's true. I wish smoke wouldn't let people see orange spotted markers because it would be so much more useful. I thought they were going to get rid of that after BC2 I don't why it doesn't go away when you're behind cover. It would make smoke useful for an escape not just locked on missiles.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
I used the extinguisher the other day instead of smoke. It worked quite well, puts your health to 45.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
The gunship is not op at all, if anything it's too easy to kill.
Twice now I've shot it down with the mg on jeeps, once was from one side of the map to the other on Bandar Desert.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
it's UP on cq, OP on rush.

on conq it flys a really derpy route on most maps, and can be taken down by one jet, in one pass

on rush it flys over the mcoms so they're always being armed, you can't disarm vs the 105mm fucking you up all the time, and the defenders have to defend vs that, and about 2-4 other bits of armour, often just getting one TD to do all this with.

ideally just remove it from rush entirely, and for CQ 1.5 or double its armour so 1 jet can't rape it, but 2 working together could. and give it auto re-gen health
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Give rush attackers mobile artillery and get rid of the gunship. Give conquest AC-130 health regen and it needs an AA gun underneath because all you do is attack from below and the outside of it's circle and it's completely defenseless.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

One of the biggest issues is the AA missiles on the ground. You linger overhead, pop flares and scupper maybe one missile. Then they're back on you almost immediately and you're dead in 3-4 hits. I still wish it was flyable. Then I could at least pull some evasive. Have it spawn in mid-air and fly autopilot away from the main area until someone assumes control, so its not always in a perfect circle.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I think it should be player controlled. You could make passes instead of a constant circle. So you'd have time to move in and fire off a few rounds then retreat after both flares are blown. I guess you could fly in, do a half circle 180° and leave after both flares are shot. Gives your team a window of opportunity to spawn in via HALO and also give the rest of the team fire support from the AC130.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard