justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand
That these forums were so full of life and overflowing with posts, that we had to close threads that can barely be considered spam, that could potentially generate an interesting/comical discussion.

I didn't realize that guys?

Did you guys?

Eh guys?

Forums are practically dead, even EE only moves if you prod it with a stick.

Yet we are still closing harmless threads/bumps...

..! EH GUYS????????

Fucking mods.
I know fucking karate
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
mods like to feel important and exercise some control over the pathetic little province they still 'command'.
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6206|Uk
fight the power
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
gas op ban thread
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6601|New Hampshire, USA
yeah its something that i've always thought was odd too.  Bumping old threads isn't hurting anyone, I don't see any real reason to close them
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

innit
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

The other mods should have stepped in and stopped Varegg and Ultrafunkula from banning people who would post everyday like marine and ig. It really is bullshit that mods that post once a month have authority over people who post every other hour.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
If we allow the forum to turn into debauchery we will fall like Rome.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

aynrandroolz wrote:

mods like to feel important and exercise some control over the pathetic little province they still 'command'.
there are plenty times lately that there are more mods than members logged in
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

We can't live like this!!

https://goo.gl/eRiv5

Is this the cell phone thread, i thought it was interesting as well. Bumps now more than ever are interesting given how much has changed.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
This is what I've been saying, only the most unique threads are allowed to stay alive and nobody has any say in the matter except the mods.  People bitch & close if you make a new thread about something that's already had a thread and then people still bitch & close when you revive a related thread.

If the mods would just listen and realize not everybody thinks bumped threads and new threads are instantly deemed as clutter/EE chats material, maybe people would like the forum and stay longer but they just do what they want.  It's really only a select few mods that do it too but that's all it takes
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

jsnipy wrote:

Is this the cell phone thread, i thought it was interesting as well. Bumps now more than ever are interesting given how much has changed.
it was a spam account that bumped the cell phone thread - more advertisers are posting lately, i just wonder how they choose which thread to post in . . .
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

Gotcha, I opened it - never bothered to see what the post was (it's collapsed by default and would require additional effort to click it open).

I tend to glance away since some individuals get bitchy when you  undo their works.

I thought it was funny seeing those old phones
Eagle
On a related note, snippers is right on how it is interesting how you can see what's changed in some of those ancient bumped threads.  I mean I was 15 when I first stared coming here and I'm 23 now.  It's been a while haha
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

Clear the ban list...let's see what happens
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.

Eagle wrote:

On a related note, snippers is right on how it is interesting how you can see what's changed in some of those ancient bumped threads.  I mean I was 15 when I first stared coming here and I'm 23 now.  It's been a while haha
Naaaaah. The forums have been active 8 years have they?
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6439

mods are fags.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

Camm wrote:

Eagle wrote:

Chuy's account's been registered for 7y 1m
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

bugz wrote:

Camm wrote:

Eagle wrote:

Chuy's account's been registered for 7y 1m
there are some 7 year old threads at this point
Eagle

Camm wrote:

Eagle wrote:

i registered right before i turned 16 and just turned 23 this month.  Not entirely 8 years, but it still sounds long
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

NooBesT wrote:

mods are fags.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025/ss/tshirt.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Look within for your answers. 

Everyone needs to follow the posting rules as long as that page exists.  I don't like seeing "Marques Colston Jerseys" threads any more than I like to see "vote rigging for US election trololol" spam threads.  I don't like reading through 5 pages of Macbeth and Jay going insulting each other in every single thread. 

Perhaps the failure of mods to properly control the temperament of these forums is responsible for the exodus of users in the past few years.

As soon as the rules are removed on account of the forums 'dying' we will stop enforcing them.  If you have an issue with the way moderators are doing their jobs, take it up with OH, duk0r, chuy, or any other admin.  OH and Chuy still come to the site relatively frequently.  Until then, follow the rules and there will be no need for the mods to do anything except post as regular members.

My personal view is that the prevalence of all-encompassing 'chat' threads has had a huge negative impact to these forums.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

My personal view is that the prevalence of all-encompassing 'chat' threads has had a huge negative impact to these forums.
A thousand times QFT
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6516

_j5689_ wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

A thousand times QFT
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

A thousand times QFT
I was just thinking about you (inyffs) the other day.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard