Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida

FatherTed wrote:

apparently it totally ruins rush mode though
Kinda/sorta, seems to depend on the strength of the teams.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

M.O.A.B wrote:

Are there two Littlebirds on Bandar or only one? So far, I've only seen one, but the trailer shows two.
Probably depends on the game mode/map size.
GeoEnvi
+22|6657|Philadelphia, PA

M.O.A.B wrote:

Are there two Littlebirds on Bandar or only one? So far, I've only seen one, but the trailer shows two.
I don't think there are any on consoles.  I don't remember seeing one.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

GeoEnvi wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

like the rockets seem to land wherever they want, and normally quite off to the right of what you're aiming at.
Arty truck needs to be level or rockets will sway to one side or other.  Can't test my memory right now, but IIRC...... If truck is tipping left, rockets hit to right.  Opposite is also true.

Take some time to get used to the range finder reticle.  It is affected by the relative difference in elevation between your truck and the target.  For example, on Alborz, common place for Arty deployment is along high elevation road on the ridge to the left of B spawn location.  Distance to A is approximately 260 to 300m.  Fully lowered arty reticle will hit A.  On level ground, fully lowered arty reticle is more like 100 to 150m.

I could be wrong about this, but rockets seem to auto-detect as they approach the ground.  Almost like getting in the general area gets hit indicators.

Here is the biggest tip: rocket impacts are shown on minimap and/or pause menu map.  Fire, review, and readjust.

I'm fully unlocked for mobile arty.  Grinded through it to complete the unlocks.  Sometimes boring, sometimes fun.  ATV jihads tend to find their way to you; can be annoying.  It was always a poor sap that got hosed by your rockets out to hunt you.  The Proximity Defense is supposed to help but ends up taking you down to 1% health and can only be fired from driver slot.
oh nice, cheers. i read somewhere that each line on the aim counts as 100m (assuming the same elevation etc), which feels right from the few shots i've fired from it.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
GeoEnvi
Not sure about that 100m per line.  I find that the bottom of the reticle needs to be on the top of control point indicator to reach a flag around 480m to 500m away.  If the top line of the reticle is like 150% from the top of the CP indicator, you get anywhere from 580m to 620m.  I think that's nearing max range for level or slightly elevated arty positions.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
Mobile artillery is so useless on xbox with only 12v12, Everybody is in a vehicle of some sort so yeah...
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6762|Jupiter
Mobile arty unlocks a TOW missile and a missile similar to the Javelin.

The mobile arty shows two seats but you can only have one person in it at a time. I guess to prevent people from doing a 6 rocket drive-by.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I don't get the mobile arty. Why does the launcher lower and raise all the time? I'm confused.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
2 seats
1 person allowed in the truck at a time

You can drive or you can shoot but not at the same time, i.e. not from the same seat

It raises as you change seats/move or aim.

If I'm not mistaken....
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I was firing on the move while some guy was driving on xbox yesterday.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
Hmm well maybe I'm wrong. All I've seen is videos I don't actually own Premium.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
On PC at least, only one person can enter.

They could have been made a lot better (off-shoot from Mortar design).
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I was also hoping for a map indicator as to where the rounds will land. On xbox 360 we can't enlarge the map to see where they're hitting unless we hit escape and even then the layout is so small you can't tell with precision like on pC...
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

you can see an indication, albeit it can be truncated depending on where you are hitting
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6145|Sydney | ♥

everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5654|SQUID
booom
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
The new maps sure do look nice.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9563533/bf3%202012-09-13%2013-08-05-89.png
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9563533/bf3%202012-09-13%2012-49-15-92.png
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9563533/bf3%202012-09-13%2012-22-21-99.png
GeoEnvi

FFLink wrote:

On PC at least, only one person can enter.

They could have been made a lot better (off-shoot from Mortar design).
Agreed.  Could have shown an enlarged map whenever the gunner seat was activated (like deploying the mortar).  It's a PITA to toggle between map screen and mobile arty on PS3.

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

The new maps sure do look nice.

woah cannot wait to get in
oh, hai spider
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
i don't really know how, but the new maps feel more like bf2 than the b2k. i'm actually feeling that buzz when i'm tearing around that snow map
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5875|CA

FatherTed wrote:

i don't really know how, but the new maps feel more like bf2 than the b2k. i'm actually feeling that buzz when i'm tearing around that snow map
I felt this earlier, it's pretty awesome.

Last edited by TopHat01 (2012-09-13 19:23:12)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Could it be the distance to get from point to point and the vast open areas with spots just to chill?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

FatherTed wrote:

Yeah feels a lot more like a proper Battlefield game, really enjoying these maps.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

coke wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Yeah feels a lot more like a proper Battlefield game, really enjoying these maps.
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6259|Pacific NW, USA
Hmmm, might have to start playing again.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard