-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
When they hit, they demo stuff, haven't unlocked everything yet so I cant say if its worth while.

@pirana, with an armor buff it woul prob be balanced tbh. Its not good unless you are playing against complete morons. On a server with more than 24 people it probably wont last longer than it takes to lock on a stinger and fire.

Also jet pilots will neet to realise when the ac is on their team and go into defense mode. Hard for them on pubs where people on know attack mode. Prob will work well if 2 squad mates are in the AC while 2 others are in the jets.

Last edited by -Whiteroom- (2012-09-11 08:53:26)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Gunship is incredibly weak. Takes 4 IGLAs to down, and there's not exactly much you can do about it, since flares only handle one at most. That being said, I racked up like 20 kills in about three minutes with it

Alborz Mountain's my favourite map so far.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
the 105mm position is good, although seems to be pretty hit or miss with hitreg... the other one is fucking and yeah, alborz is a very fun map

Last edited by FatherTed (2012-09-11 10:01:48)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

Anyone else having a problem with "BF3.exe has stopped working"? Started happing to a friend of mine right after he installed AK. Now he cant play any expansion or vanilla BF3 without it happening. Tried repairing and reinstalling.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

I've had that from time to time, but it would let me start playing again straight after.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
overall though, i actually really really like AK. the snowy one in particular almost feels like playing bf2 again
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

I find it sadly ironic that the tank destroyers have to face my fully upgraded MBT with thermal optics, reactive armor and guided shells.

It's incredibly easy to roll in, smash them and move to the next check point to kill more of the little guys.

Dice should really have added another set of tanks with new unlocks to balance it.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
i think they're ok really. if they were a little bit quicker, and maybe tanks turrets turned a little bit slower...

especially when td's get the cannon and tow.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
Tow is sweet on them, sneak up on other armor, first shot with tow, then main canon, and they're pretty much done.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
or if vs reactive tanks, first shot with cannon (to strip the reactive), then second with the tow to the same place. they do need a little bit more speed though
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
The tank destroyers are pretty easy to flip by ramming in the rocks, then shoot the top of them.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
I really like AK.
Brings back memories of Dragon Valley, Op. Harvest and Midnight Sun.
Big hills, long roads and getting killed from all around.

Also, I really appreciate the patched laser painter on the scout helis.
Really brings back their main role of scouting the battlefield for threats and killing off infantry.
Not being an AA/AT combo pack (with only the pilot getting big scores too).

One weird thing:
Apparently, there is a gunner position to equip unlocks on the in-game menu now.
I had stealth, thermal optics and my newly unlocks guided missiles there, but still required to switch to guided missiles on the pilot slot.

Last edited by globefish23 (2012-09-11 13:41:19)

Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
re: the whole "this game isn't as good as BF2". No, it's not but I'm kinda glad for a game these days that doesn't involve me spending up to 19 hours straight on, now that I'm so busy with work, music etc. All I do these days is play Damavand Peak on rush.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya
Definitely enjoying AK. The fucking immense blue tint of Death Valley hurts my eyes, but maybe it's just the colour settings on my monitor or something. The AC-130 is pretty weak, but it can dish out a fair bit of damage and if you've got a couple of good jet pilots that can keep jets and heli's off you then it can work.

Alborz Mountains is definitely my favourite map so far though.

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2012-09-11 14:53:23)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
sadly, even jet pilots can't keep it up. 2 bursts from miles away will drop it, and it's dead before you can react. at points it even flys pretty close to base AA, and you can't do anything realistic about that. if it gets regen and maybe 50% more health (so it can take one good jet pass, but two working together can down it) it'd maybe be ok.

apparently it totally ruins rush mode though
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
I'm just going to wait till all the extra maps are free
GeoEnvi
+22|6657|Philadelphia, PA

Jaekus wrote:

I'm just going to wait till all the extra maps are free
Well for those that waited until now to buy the base game… they ARE free!

BF3 premium edition for $60, now comes with the base game and premium access.

It really should be called the "Ultimate Fuck You to Long Time Fans and Early Adopter" edition.
Scratch[USA]
+105|6517
Found a rush round on AK.  Admins had instant vehicle spawn on so the ac130 never went down and it was constantly raining enemies on the objectives.
edit*  I found a gnome on the snow map

Last edited by Scratch[USA] (2012-09-11 17:19:24)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Instant vehicle respawn servers ruin the game, are everywhere, and are often unmarked.

The AC-130 on rush with instant respawn is just ridiculous. I also played a round like that and it was just a joke.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Oh so if I buy the game later I get more stuff?

Great business tactics. Next time we should all wait 6+ months before buying.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California
Gunship is rape sauce but every single person on the ground has a stinger. Was playing rush this evening and the defenders really get screwed over with a gunship up. The frogfoot could take care of it but retards always get it.

Love all the new maps. Not much conquest going on, mostly vehicle TDM.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Don't listen to shifty.

He plays on an Xbox. They don't even have 64 player servers!
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

bugz wrote:

Anyone else having a problem with "BF3.exe has stopped working"? Started happing to a friend of mine right after he installed AK. Now he cant play any expansion or vanilla BF3 without it happening. Tried repairing and reinstalling.
Turned out to be cloud synchronization on Origin (must be turned off). Which is odd...because re-installing Origin and reformatting the PC didn't solve the issue.
GeoEnvi
+22|6657|Philadelphia, PA

FatherTed wrote:

like the rockets seem to land wherever they want, and normally quite off to the right of what you're aiming at.
Arty truck needs to be level or rockets will sway to one side or other.  Can't test my memory right now, but IIRC...... If truck is tipping left, rockets hit to right.  Opposite is also true.

Take some time to get used to the range finder reticle.  It is affected by the relative difference in elevation between your truck and the target.  For example, on Alborz, common place for Arty deployment is along high elevation road on the ridge to the left of B spawn location.  Distance to A is approximately 260 to 300m.  Fully lowered arty reticle will hit A.  On level ground, fully lowered arty reticle is more like 100 to 150m.

I could be wrong about this, but rockets seem to auto-detect as they approach the ground.  Almost like getting in the general area gets hit indicators.

Here is the biggest tip: rocket impacts are shown on minimap and/or pause menu map.  Fire, review, and readjust.

I'm fully unlocked for mobile arty.  Grinded through it to complete the unlocks.  Sometimes boring, sometimes fun.  ATV jihads tend to find their way to you; can be annoying.  It was always a poor sap that got hosed by your rockets out to hunt you.  The Proximity Defense is supposed to help but ends up taking you down to 1% health and can only be fired from driver slot.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Are there two Littlebirds on Bandar or only one? So far, I've only seen one, but the trailer shows two.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard