+215|6533|ALBERTA> CANADA
WHAT!!! Where is my T-34-85 100mm!! I loved that gun
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6702|Purplicious Wisconsin

GR34 wrote:

Same reason T28 lost its 85mm gun, "balance"
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6705|Riva, MD
Victory!
Battle: Widepark Wednesday, September 5, 2012 1:37:45 AM
Vehicle: PzKpfw IV
Experience received: 2,072 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 21,424
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

https://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/939254523029838584/780D9CAD12BF592076CECE65FB6C5B8CE891F3C9/

https://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/939254523029837696/D6879AB1795400147D24D46671965AD0CCC92F94/

Could've been more room for profit I think but that's still pretty good performance-wise, it's really gonna suck when they get rid of the L70 on this tank.  Also finally traded up to a Tiger II, here was my last round with the Tiger I:

https://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/939254523036700133/753D0CFA5B9BC424846C26CA14E27E690C1EBE9A/

As for the Tiger II, I had a bad start with it in nothing but Tier X games but now I'm kind of getting the hang of those games.  The tank also makes some money in Tier VIII-topped games so I think I might like it even with just the 88, although the lack of penetration and damage is increasingly becoming a pain in the ass against similar and higher-tiered tanks, I can't wait to get the long 105 for it but I'm quite a ways away from that, I don't even have the suspension yet.  I LOVE the armor, it's about damn time I'm able to bounce anything at all off the front with a heavy, I even made an IS run away when he bounced, SO AWESOME, lol.  Supposedly when accounting for slope and all, the front armor is actually worth about 230mm so it's pretty solid as long as nobody aims below the glacis
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5025|Massachusetts, USA

War Man wrote:

GR34 wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/oNH4u.gif
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6702|Purplicious Wisconsin
To hell with this game anyway, stopped playing it the previous patch.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
firebolt5
+114|6144
8.0 test server is up by the way.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6705|Riva, MD
I'm downloading all the stuff for it now, I hope it's not clogged with retarded 13 year old Russians but I won't hold my breath
GR34
+215|6533|ALBERTA> CANADA

UnkleRukus wrote:

War Man wrote:

GR34 wrote:

It seemed fine to me The reload even with the ramer and 100% crew was so long
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6697|England. Stoke
Maybe the new PZIV won't be that bad;
"Also be sure to try out the Panzer IV. The new turret looks awesome and they really buffed the 75mm. Not to mention it literally drives like a T-54 now.
Tons of fun if you're like playing low tiers every now and then."
UnkleRukus
That Guy

GR34 wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

War Man wrote:

It seemed fine to me The reload even with the ramer and 100% crew was so long
It was very quick for the tiers it fought in. As you could 2 shot most tanks below you.

I don't agree with them taking it out either, I just don't care anymore as I have already gone down that line (at the KV-3 right now, one of my favorites from beta.)
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6705|Riva, MD

coke wrote:

Maybe the new PZIV won't be that bad;
"Also be sure to try out the Panzer IV. The new turret looks awesome and they really buffed the 75mm. Not to mention it literally drives like a T-54 now.
Tons of fun if you're like playing low tiers every now and then."
I played a round in it on the test server with the new stuff, I didn't get a chance to really test the improved L48 that much but the tank was much zippier without the immensely heavy Schmalturm, if I remember it was like 4,000 lbs heavier than the first turret, that's a huge weight increase for such a small medium tank.

I also didn't really get a chance to try out the new turret extensively either with it's new spaced armor skirts similar to the Super-Pershing's turret skirts but I've heard it barely makes a difference, and they're leaving the side gates on the skirts open for some dumbass reason.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6178|Canada

When does this new patch come out anyway?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6705|Riva, MD
People are saying middle or end of the month.  I'm leaning towards the end just because this particular patch is so big and has so much stuff to troubleshoot and change based on people's opinions of certain new features and tanks and whatnot.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6697|England. Stoke
Been playing through the American medium tree, just got the M7 which I had a fair few horror stories about
Used some free xp to get the 6 pounder gun, other than that it's still stock with a 75% crew. Results from my second round/first win in it:

Victory!
Battle: Ensk 13 September 2012 17:50:51
Vehicle: M7
Experience received: 2,072 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 27,535
Battle Achievements: Sniper, Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Repairs:
Vehicle M7 repaired successfully. You have spent credits:  2,040

Purchased:
The ammunition on vehicle M7 resupplied successfully. You have spent credits:  1,120

So not as bad as people make out then...
Tbh I get a little lucky with enemy being distracted etc. But I still managed to take a PZIV on and ended up with 4 kills.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
I went down the jumbo sherman line. Shit is so cash, got hit 72 times before dying. Got 3 kills.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6705|Riva, MD
That front armor is retarded hard to penetrate sometimes, I still struggle with it with the long 88 on my Panther II.  Hopefully the long 105 on the Tiger II will be more able to penetrate it consistently when I get it
UnkleRukus
That Guy
You wont encounter too many Jumbos with a tier 8 tank, but when you do they don't survive at all.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6705|Riva, MD
6s are in the two tier-spread for 8s so I've seen plenty of them, I just wish I had more alpha to snatch the kill away from other 8s or at least.

I'm considering just saying fuck it and getting the short 105 instead of the turret for my Tiger II but I don't know yet.  People say the upgraded turret makes a big difference but I've never been able to penetrate a Tiger II on the front turret armor even on the stock turret and people don't even seem to try to on me either.  I'll probably do it anyway for the HP and the faster reloading
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6697|England. Stoke

_j5689_ wrote:

6s are in the two tier-spread for 8s so I've seen plenty of them, I just wish I had more alpha to snatch the kill away from other 8s or at least.

I'm considering just saying fuck it and getting the short 105 instead of the turret for my Tiger II but I don't know yet.  People say the upgraded turret makes a big difference but I've never been able to penetrate a Tiger II on the front turret armor even on the stock turret and people don't even seem to try to on me either.  I'll probably do it anyway for the HP and the faster reloading
Trust me get the turret.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6705|Riva, MD
Is that more to say that the short 105 is shit or that the turret is awesome?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6705|Riva, MD
Looks like it is pretty easy to penetrate after all, all three of these shots were either from a T32 or a Tiger I which don't have particularly great guns in terms of penetration against typical Tier 8 frontal armor but that's apparently still plenty to penetrate 100mm of what I think might possibly be considered sloped armor maybe in addition to the 80mm+angle on the side which I think is more well-exposed on the front of the stock turret.  The turret shots were head on and the hull hit was probably from about the angle it is in the pic where the turret would be facing towards the tanks

Either way, bad turret is bad.  Going for the 2nd one first definitely

https://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/938129520102234797/61F5853CF452BF850BA3A8291DC4ED7ED621ACD7/
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6697|England. Stoke
Yeah the short 105 is a bad gun and the stock turret as you've now discovered is terrible, if I see a Tiger 2 with one it's the "go to" aim point. So the upgraded turret with it's extra armour, hit points, rof etc. is a must.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6705|Riva, MD
They've temporarily re-opened transfers to the SEA from the NA server:

http://worldoftanks.com/news/1600-accou … round-two/

Pretty beneficial for Aussies & Kiwis who haven't really laid down any roots on the NA server.  They're about to start opening up Clan Wars on it soon and supposedly the server is rapidly growing, especially once everybody switches over.  I've also heard on the forums that the NA server will soon no longer officially assist Australian/New Zealand players because that is switching over to the SEA server's priority.

Not sure if we have any Australian or New Zealand players on here but thought it might be helpful anyway
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6705|Riva, MD
T29s are AWESOME, I just tried one on the test server since they give you a billion credits and XP

One-hitted a 100% T-50 for my first shot, then one-hitted a 100% Panzer IV right after that, that 105 is the shit
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6178|Canada

8.0 Update is now live!

http://worldoftanks.com/news/1625-downtime-80-update/

updating, can't wait to try this out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard