name1ess
+8|6756|Newcastle, Aus.
With the new patch as you are all aware, you can not rotate squads, which is imo the worst thing EA has ever done, i dont think it was an exploit, i thought it was a valid tactics used by probably every clan. it was great for teamwork and made the game alot more enjoyable. you could always be close to your squad which is what a squad is all about.

anyways, has any1 got any good solution which dosnt involve suiciding or non stop creating new squads since this is not very practical in public servers...?

in matches, some of us have thought of having lots of squads, or maby just having the SL back away from the action, which still isnt very good...

anyways, what effective ways have you thought up of?
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6654
hmm... I dont think this patch is bad but aside from that.. well you cant pull off your standard hero actions anymore (as SL)... maybe stay in an APC as spawn point, keep a medic close, dont run into 10 enemies.
you just have to be more careful
voltage
+46|6847|Sweden
I know nothing about clanplay but I think it requires/enables different solution. If the SL simply leave the squad than the remaining members will still have a spawn point. The FAVs could be useful to get him back into battle.

For public play, I'll try using a APC when being SL, that will enable me to join the battle with less risk of getting killed. Armor don't work, at least not on infantry maps, because you'll always have some outsider jumping into the gunner position, blocking respawning.
name1ess
+8|6756|Newcastle, Aus.

voltage wrote:

... If the SL simply leave the squad than the remaining members will still have a spawn point
yeh, im thinking more of all but 1 or 2 ppl in the squad have died, how do you all spawn back in that place.

i guess using air dropping vehicles to their full potential. could help, every 30 seconds or whatever...
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6612|Greenwood, IN

name1ess wrote:

With the new patch as you are all aware, you can not rotate squads, which is imo the worst thing EA has ever done, i dont think it was an exploit, i thought it was a valid tactics used by probably every clan. it was great for teamwork and made the game alot more enjoyable. you could always be close to your squad which is what a squad is all about.

anyways, has any1 got any good solution which dosnt involve suiciding or non stop creating new squads since this is not very practical in public servers...?

in matches, some of us have thought of having lots of squads, or maby just having the SL back away from the action, which still isnt very good...

How about acually play with sqauds like their meant to be played.  I mean you don't see in real life when someone dies they spawn in a different squad.(Unless yoru Jesus of course.)  This new change will bring even more teamwork to people who use teamwork and more confusion to the non-teamwork people.

Last edited by Brizzzer (2006-05-24 02:41:11)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6848|Cologne, Germany

I guess if you don't want to suicide ( and who wants that, everyone on public servers is stats-crazy ) you'll just have to look out for your SL better, maybe keep a medic around him, place him in a APC, or have him stay back more, playing sniper or support.

The times when your SL would get into the action upfront are surely over. I like the idea of making people on public servers commit to teamplay, but I don't think this is going to work.

The new patch will also slow down squad movement considerably, because you'll have to move with your SL being covered.

If playing in a squad has no real advantages any more ( VoIP isn't used much anyway on publics ), we just might see more lone wolfes.
FirePhoenix
+18|6646|hamilton, scotland
there should be bonuses for sqaud leaders i think, if they want them to stay out of the action. I mean if im to make sure i keep myself live and have no action then surely i should be rewared or something, maybe even just a point or so for every spawn on you that takes place on you.
ComradeWho
+50|6701|Southern California
i dont really care either way on this
i didn't think it was an exploit but didn't feel the need to do it

i think it's funny though that they're modifying something in the name of increasing teamwork because of a "problem" created by successful teamwork.
DSRTurtle
+56|6692
the problem is this patch has wiped out the team work aspect of squads rotating the squad leader.  I've never considered it an exploit.  If you, the sl, died, you left and rejoined the squad.  At that point you could spawn on the new sl and be right back in the action.  This is great if your trying to cap a flag far from your nearest base, or trying to blow up enemy assets in an uncap. 

As with all team games.  people get separated from their teammates for a variety of reasons.  This "fix" elimates one way of getting back to your team and in so doing punishes your team.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6799

Brizzzer wrote:

How about acually play with sqauds like their meant to be played.  I mean you don't see in real life when someone dies they spawn in a different squad.(Unless yoru Jesus of course.)  This new change will bring even more teamwork to people who use teamwork and more confusion to the non-teamwork people.
No.  In fact, in real life when someone dies, they don't spawn at all (unless you're a reincarnation-alist) and this is why references to real life and comparisons to BF2 just DON'T WORK!!
Stomper_40k
Re-Incarnation. You mean re-spawn right?
+44|6652|Cardiff - Wales - UK
EA/Dices policy is what the public want they don't get.  I thought everyone knew that.

There other one is "If it ain't broke, break it"

In my opinion EA are trying to put us off BF2 in an effort to make us buy BF2142

Last edited by Stomper_40k (2006-05-24 04:12:49)

Iron_Father_Wood
+1|6634|New Zealand
I tend to agree
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6848|Cologne, Germany

well, if they keep the same spawn system on BF2142, that tactic won't work...
Stomper_40k
Re-Incarnation. You mean re-spawn right?
+44|6652|Cardiff - Wales - UK

B.Schuss wrote:

well, if they keep the same spawn system on BF2142, that tactic won't work...
They've already changed the spawn system in BF2142 so that the squad leader carry's a beacon that he has to drop for squad members to spawn on.
Papa Smurf 314
Right in the Smurfin' parking lot?
+90|6776|New York
In TWL, I have no clue how 5 v 5 infantry matches are going to continue.  If you can't use vehicles, and you can't squad hop, you'll have to run across the map to get to the action.  Utter bullshit.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6679|Colorado
I never rotated squads to begin with, I stay with the one I join or create till the end of the round.

So this will never be an issue with me...
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6681|Canberra, AUS

name1ess wrote:

Have you PLAYED under the new patch? Yes? No?

Have you tried LEAVING THE squad while you're dead? Yes? No?

Come back with an answer.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
name1ess
+8|6756|Newcastle, Aus.

Spark wrote:

Have you PLAYED under the new patch? Yes? No?

Have you tried LEAVING THE squad while you're dead? Yes? No?

Come back with an answer.
yes, i have played it. what i am saying is when you are back behind enemy lines, trying to cap a back base, all but 1 of you die, you all want to spawn back because your team mate has a UAV above his head and needs backup. sometimes all of you have to leave the squad b4 the person alive finally makes it too the top. but now you cant join again... so more or less, unless he can cap it himself, you cant help him.

i guess that me and my mates ahd really got squad rotations going soo well that it just is making it harder for us now.

still love the game, this little thing is just pissing me off though

Last edited by name1ess (2006-05-25 02:12:58)

graag
+7|6682
No big changes for flag capping, if you manage to get there - if SL dies he leaves the squad and spawns on the closest flag. Rejoin the squad, use a vehicle (drop) to get back to fight. The other squad members aren't affected, SL tries to stay covered.

The balance is ruined elsewhere - getting to flags, defending grayed flags, getting on land/through first line of defenses.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard