-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6651
I was running a 120gb SSD and 1.5tb HDD for pure storage. This weekend I bought a 2TB HDD and another 120gb SSD (on sale, ~$85 and $~90, respectively) to supplement/back-up/replace the 1.5TB drive which I suspected was starting to go bad (I had had chkdisk pop up twice in the previous week when booting up, and in the weeks prior it would hang for a second when trying to access it in Windows).

The first thing I did once it was installed was backup my school files and pictures (on the HDD), as well as a backup system image of everything on the SSD (OS, programs, the main games I play). Then I got on with life/drinking/gaming for the rest of the weekend because I figured I could backup all of my music, movies/tv shows, etc. in the very near future.

Literally 24 fucking hours later, I boot my PC up and hear a readily audible "click...click...click....click". Shut it off, open up the side, and reboot. I can hear the sound again, coming right from the 1.5TB piece-of-shit Seagate HDD. Needless to say, it's toast. I'm not expert on the subject, but I would guess that short of some NSA-type shit I am not going to be retrieving any more of my data from it.

I guess things could have been worse - on the one hand I'm glad I thought to buy a new one when I did, so literally everything was not lost, but it's still a motherfucker that it went out right before I could save the rest of my shit. Lesson learned.

/fwtp

Last edited by -CARNIFEX-[LOC] (2012-08-21 16:36:33)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6309

You could try the freezer trick on the 1.5TB
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6309

Indian scammers are at it again. Just got a phone call from a guy saying that my computer is infected and to quickly log into their website so he could scan my computer for corrupted files
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5962|London, England

they call you on the phone now?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum
yep. one of my cousins used to get them once a week saying they've detected something wrong with her copy of windows, would they go to such and such.com and install the repair tool etc
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6652

Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5747|شمال
uhmm.. it here! i want that baby <3
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6656|BC, Canada
Only for ultra overkill pc.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4965|Dundee, Scotland.

bugz wrote:

For the love of god. Please don't do this.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Benzin
+576|5996

Camm wrote:

bugz wrote:

If the drive is already dead, why not try anything?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6309

Camm wrote:

bugz wrote:

Last resort obviously, after all other means of recovery have been attempted.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6411|Finland

Beduin wrote:

uhmm.. it here! i want that baby <3
Uhh nice, would be interesting to see it pitted against the new Corsair AX1200i
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?na … p;reid=300

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2012-08-24 02:15:51)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6408|'Murka

Looking into picking up a new gaming headset. Not sure if I should go with 3.5mm or USB.

My desired price point is ~US$50. Any advice?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6739|FUCK UBISOFT

1/4"
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Brasso
+1,549|6628

i just noticed that my TRUE-120 fans weren't spinning for a whole day. ran benchmarking software yesterday lol. i touched the cooler. it wasn't even warm. TRUE-120 too stronk a cooler. the thing is an absolute beast.

FEOS wrote:

Looking into picking up a new gaming headset. Not sure if I should go with 3.5mm or USB.

My desired price point is ~US$50. Any advice?
i always prefer 3.5mm
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6688|Devon, England
I recently got a Corsair Vengeance 1500 for £70.

USB but so far no issues with it's surround. Only used it in BF3 and DayZ so far, though.

Comfy, too.
Eifa
Never regret anything that ever made you smile.
+923|5868|00770
anyone have any idea if android tablets are any good?
had a guy asking me if i would swap my camera for his tablet that he bought in july.. im selling the camera anyway and getting a new one at some point, so im just wondering if i should consider his offer
No, I don't need an attitude adjustment. You just need to fuck off.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6736|Toronto | Canada

well which one? some are good, some suck hard
Eifa
Never regret anything that ever made you smile.
+923|5868|00770
No, I don't need an attitude adjustment. You just need to fuck off.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6652

Looking at possibly getting a new case. Are Antec still the best? I'm seeing a lot of Cooler Masters highly rated, and have one right now. It's done me good, but shit gets hot fast, especially with the temperatures here. I have a mid tower right now, but want to get a full tower. Side note: super towers? wtf?
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6656|BC, Canada
No Antecs are not. What are you looking to put into thos case?
Also, do you prefer ugly ass alien looking cases or something more simple.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6146|'straya
Depends on your budget really. Cooler Master make some good cases at most price points, Antec make good budget cases, if you're looking to spend a bit more money than i'm a fan of Corsair and Lian Li.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6652

Budget is around $150~$200 I guess. Will probably get this. 2400+ positive reviews can't go wrong. I definitely prefer the simple looking stuff and will just turn any lights/LEDs off. Big fans and open space are a must. I don't mind sticking with Cooler Master at all. The one I have now is doing just fine, aside from it being a mid tower.

I remember Antecs being real popular back in the day but they weren't in my budget. Good to know I'm not missing anything
Benzin
+576|5996

mtb0minime wrote:

Budget is around $150~$200 I guess. Will probably get this. 2400+ positive reviews can't go wrong. I definitely prefer the simple looking stuff and will just turn any lights/LEDs off. Big fans and open space are a must. I don't mind sticking with Cooler Master at all. The one I have now is doing just fine, aside from it being a mid tower.

I remember Antecs being real popular back in the day but they weren't in my budget. Good to know I'm not missing anything
I'm extremely pleased with my NZXT Phantom (the big one, not the tiny 410). Loads of room, good build quality and just a dream to work with.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6652

Gaming friend recently got an NZXT Phantom as well and really likes it. I only saw the white one so far, and I'm a little put off by the look (a simple rectangular box is preferable, not all those weird funky things on the front), but that's just nitpicking. I'll look into that one a bit more.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard