Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

So forcing 1.4 million children to live in squalor for their entire lives is better than letting a woman terminate a pregnancy when a fetus hasn't even been formed yet?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

globefish23 wrote:

I'm really curious if that Todd Akin fuckhead would maintain his stance, if his wife and/or daughter were raped and impregnated.
yes, he would - he has maintained a few % lead in his race for Senate despite republicans calling for him to step down, and there are people in this country that not only support his stance, but would also take the choice away from everyone else.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Is using a morning after pill murder?
HITNRUNXX
+220|6679|Oklahoma City
Murder is murder. I believe a pregnancy constitutes human life. Ending that life is murder. Pretending it is ok because of the time frame you get to it at doesn't change that. By the way, there are a number of partial birth abortions in the world... Are those still not formed yet?

Partial birth abortions were not outlawed in the U.S. until 2003. And even then the maximum sentence is 2 years. So basically if you murder a kid seconds before it is born it is not nearly as bad as murdering a kid a couple hours after it is born.

Yeah, that makes sense.

By the way, I see no evidence of forcing anyone to live in squalor by banning abortions. Amazing how everyone acts like allowing babies to be born are a new concept. Cause, you know, abortions were just so common 50 years ago... That must be why the economy sucks right now... Just too many babies that should have been killed. If only we had known.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Macbeth wrote:

Egg has been fertilized and all..
HITNRUNXX
+220|6679|Oklahoma City
Also, by the way, partial birth abortion laws were not enforced until 2007 because of hold ups in the supreme court... Then, because of the wording, they just changed the process of how they do it. Now, they just inject the baby's heart with lethal drugs while the baby is in the womb... Then it dies... Then it is not illegal to remove it.

But according to you, that is not murder, cause you want to compare it to morning after pills, so I guess it is ok.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
seems fine to me.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

DrunkFace wrote:

seems fine to me.
^^

Macbeth wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Egg has been fertilized and all..
A recently fertilized egg has as much ability to reason and life experience as a bunch of cells, after all. The overwhelming majority of abortions take place in the 'cluster of cells' stage.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
i guess girls having a period and guys jacking it is technically murder.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

in vitro fertilization is murder
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Now, they just inject the baby's heart with lethal drugs while the baby is in the womb
Ehrm, what?
Where on Earth would an abortion happen like that? Some Pro-Life propaganda pamphlets maybe.

The vast majority of abortions happen within the first weeks, were a heart hasn't even grown larger than a lump of cells to be injected with "lethal drugs".

Personally, I think that any abortion past that would most likely cause additional traumatic effects on the mother, because the grown fetus has to be removed from her uterus, in most cases by artificially inducing contractions to push it out, basically meaning to deliver the dead fetus.

13urnzz wrote:

in vitro fertilization is murder
Mass murder actually.
IIRC, at least 8 embryos are fertilized and are grown for several cell divisions.
Then only one is implanted while the others are destroyed after some time.
So, according to HitnRun, 7 potential siblings "murdered"?
Wreckognize
+294|6455
People who think fetuses are babies are stupid and don't understand basic biology.  Also, even if it was a baby, what does it matter?  We should be trying to kill more babies, not less babies.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I think its a grave misallocation of resources to be so focused on outlawing abortion instead of educating people on sex and responsibility. Pretending it doesn't happen doesn't make it go away and making it illegal won't stop it from happening. Its great that a lot of children are able to go into foster care, but that is not an argument in favor of outlawing abortion. Its an expedient solution to a social problem.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6679|Oklahoma City

globefish23 wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Now, they just inject the baby's heart with lethal drugs while the baby is in the womb
Ehrm, what?
Where on Earth would an abortion happen like that? Some Pro-Life propaganda pamphlets maybe.
Yup, just totally made it up in my propaganda pamphlets...

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articl … g_fetuses/

http://www.wnd.com/2007/08/43009/

http://www.ewtn.com/vnews/getstory.asp?number=81381

http://www.ehow.com/about_5447969_parti … ition.html
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

World net daily

Get out
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

HITNRUNXX wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Ehrm, what?
Yup, just totally made it up in my propaganda pamphlets...

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articl … g_fetuses/

http://www.wnd.com/2007/08/43009/

http://www.ewtn.com/vnews/getstory.asp?number=81381

http://www.ehow.com/about_5447969_parti … ition.html
Those articles mention that certain hospitals inject the lethal drugs into the fetus either post or pre abortion to minimize the risk of the facility due to a ban on partial birth abortions - that is, the fetus coming out alive after the abortion is performed.  The lethal drugs are not a part of the actual abortion, they are administered so the hospital is not accused of administering an abortion that results in a live birth.

So the lethal injections do exist (as a minimal practice at a minority of hospitals, according to the articles), but are not a part of the actual abortion procedure.

Interesting that the law defines it as deliberate and intentional

An abortion in which the person performing the abortion, deliberately and intentionally, vaginally delivers a living fetus until, in the case of a head-first presentation, the entire fetal head is outside the body of the mother, or, in the case of breech presentation, any part of the fetal trunk past the navel is outside the body of the mother, for the purpose of performing an overt act that the person knows will kill the partially delivered living fetus; and performs the overt act, other than completion of delivery, that kills the partially delivered living fetus."

Read more: Partial Birth Abortion Definition | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5447969_parti … z24DBeWevg
so you can't deliver a partial fetus and then kill it after its vaginally delivered.  I'll never disagree with that.  Plus, I don't think it's too much to ask for a person to make up their mind within the first trimester.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

HITNRUNXX wrote:

By the way, I see no evidence of forcing anyone to live in squalor by banning abortions. Amazing how everyone acts like allowing babies to be born are a new concept. Cause, you know, abortions were just so common 50 years ago... That must be why the economy sucks right now... Just too many babies that should have been killed. If only we had known.
You know, the baby boomers are one of the reasons social security is failing right now. There's a huge aging population that never used to be such a burden on the economy. Usually old age would be enough, but with medical advances, they hang around for longer. This puts a huge strain on the working class to support these old people.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Social security was about to fail 40 years ago.  It's not as doom and gloom as everyone makes it out to be.   But I believe this discussion is about a law passed in virginia about abortion, not about social security.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6679|Oklahoma City

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Those articles mention that certain hospitals inject the lethal drugs into the fetus either post or pre abortion to minimize the risk of the facility due to a ban on partial birth abortions - that is, the fetus coming out alive after the abortion is performed.  The lethal drugs are not a part of the actual abortion, they are administered so the hospital is not accused of administering an abortion that results in a live birth.

So the lethal injections do exist (as a minimal practice at a minority of hospitals, according to the articles), but are not a part of the actual abortion procedure.
Correct, my point here is we are not talking about

Wreckognize wrote:

People who think fetuses are babies are stupid and don't understand basic biology.
We are talking about 20+ week abortions here. People who think a 20 week old fetus isn't a baby doesn't understand basic biology.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6679|Oklahoma City

Macbeth wrote:

World net daily

Get out
I grabbed the first four links on a google search, in order. You get out.
Cheeky_Ninja06
+52|6702|Cambridge, England

HITNRUNXX wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Correct, my point here is we are not talking about

Wreckognize wrote:

People who think fetuses are babies are stupid and don't understand basic biology.
We are talking about 20+ week abortions here. People who think a 20 week old fetus isn't a baby doesn't understand basic biology.
Very few people would agree that a 20+ week abortion is morally acceptable.

And no this isnt what we were talking about, you said that all abortions are murder. ALL. Which is crap.

News just in: serial rapists / societal scum are neither defined by their genetics or their environment.

Last edited by Cheeky_Ninja06 (2012-08-21 14:37:58)

globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Show me one country where 20+ week abortions are legal without drastic reasons.
12-14 weeks from the last menstruation is the limit in most European countries, after that it's only allowed if the woman's health is in danger, or for severe deformities of the fetus.

20+ weeks abortions are definitely not done legally because of financial problems or as a late "contraception".
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
god knows how many possible mini-teds have ended their lifes because of abella anderson
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
HITNRUNXX
+220|6679|Oklahoma City

Cheeky_Ninja06 wrote:

And no this isnt what we were talking about, you said that all abortions are murder. ALL. Which is crap.
Yup, all. Barbaric murder.

It doesn't matter that I am not popular in my belief. It is my belief.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Cheeky_Ninja06 wrote:

Yup, all. Barbaric murder.

It doesn't matter that I am not popular in my belief. It is my belief.
Lemme hear about your stance on the death penalty then...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard