Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
eleven bravo
Member
+1,399|4343|foggy bottom
cus its not me
Tu Stultus Es
Macbeth
Banned
+2,443|4670

U.S. Rep. Todd Akin, who won Missouri's GOP Senate primary earlier this month and will face incumbent Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November's general election, said Sunday that he misspoke when he claimed "legitimate rape" rarely resulted in pregnancy.

Answering a question about whether or not he thought abortion should be legal in the case of rape, Akin explained his opposition by citing unnamed bodily responses he said prevented pregnancy.

"First of all, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare," Akin said of rape-induced pregnancy in an interview with KTVI. A clip of the interview was posted online by the liberal super PAC American Bridge.

"If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down," Akin continued. He did not provide an explanation for what constituted "legitimate rape."

He added: "But let's assume that maybe that didn't work or something. You know I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child."

In a statement Sunday, Akin wrote that he misspoke in the interview. He maintained his opposition to abortion for victims of rape.
I am willing to bet that most antiabortion folks also oppose exceptions in the case of rape and incest. If they had it their way, the health of women would be secondary to the health of the fetus. I can see cases like the one in the Dominican Republic happening in the U.S. In DR a teen was denied chemotherapy for her cancer because it would violate the country's abortion ban. She died.

But I guess you have to respect the States right and people just have to move if they don't like it or something
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,760|5237|what

The GOP really does have some of the dumbest motherfuckers in the country.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

"coz you a far cry from acclaim nigga ubisoft"
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|5408|Graz, Austria
I'm really curious if that Todd Akin fuckhead would maintain his stance, if his wife and/or daughter were raped and impregnated.

A woman would be reminded of the traumatic experience for the rest of her life, whenever she looked at her baby, which most likely would even have the same facial features like her rapist, or even outright "turn" into him if it's a boy.
HITNRUNXX
Member
+220|5794|Oklahoma City
Or she could give him up for adoption to one of the hundreds of thousands of families that want a baby but can't have one...

Instead you would punish an innocent baby by murdering it, just because you don't like how it got there.

Sorry, I am against murder, I don't care your reason... The only time I think abortion should even be considered is when it poses a blatant health risk to the mother. I.E. only one of them is likely to survive.

And to have you know, if it happened to my daughter, it would be horrible.... But I would be there with her throughout the pregnancy, and support her in either giving the baby up or raising it herself. But I don't support murder. Sorry.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5049|London, England

you dont support murder but you support hit and run? cmon man
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,443|4670

Or she could give him up for adoption to one of the hundreds of thousands of families that want a baby but can't have one...
These people do not exist. Not in the hundreds of thousands. Even if they were in the hundreds of thousands, there were 1.4 million abortions in the year 1996. That number has undoubtedly increased.
Instead you would punish an innocent baby
A collection of cells is not a baby.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,443|4670

And to have you know, if it happened to my daughter, it would be horrible.... But I would be there with her throughout the pregnancy, and support her in either giving the baby up or raising it herself.
I pity your family. I really do.
Cheeky_Ninja06
Member
+52|5817|Cambridge, England
Murder!?

Do you support crop sprays? Do you mow your lawn?  Do you take antibiotics when you're ill? Would you take your pet to be put down or watch writhe in agony for a week?

As for the specific case, somebody has a kid which they hate and put up for adoption. Kid probably moves from home to home and is already likely to be genetically disposed to being a fucking moron he has a shite upbringing and goes and rapes somebody else. WOO well done making the world a better place.

Last edited by Cheeky_Ninja06 (2012-08-20 06:10:25)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,268|5800

Mutantbear wrote:

you dont support murder but you support hit and run? cmon man
more like poke and run
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|5859|Moscow, Russia
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|5529|The Land of Scott Walker

Cheeky_Ninja06 wrote:

As for the specific case, somebody has a kid which they hate and put up for adoption. Kid probably moves from home to home and is already likely to be genetically disposed to being a fucking moron he has a shite upbringing and goes and rapes somebody else. WOO well done making the world a better place.
Quite a list of assumptions you have there.  Placing a child up for adoption does not equal hate, does not guarantee a poor upbringing, and certainly doesn't mean they'll become a criminal.  But if you'd prefer to abort Steve Jobs and Marilyn Monroe, by all means.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,719|5821|Oxferd Ohire
i hate that what if xxxxxxxx was aborted argument.
hate
hate
hate
hate
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,926|5716|949

Stingray24 wrote:

Cheeky_Ninja06 wrote:

As for the specific case, somebody has a kid which they hate and put up for adoption. Kid probably moves from home to home and is already likely to be genetically disposed to being a fucking moron he has a shite upbringing and goes and rapes somebody else. WOO well done making the world a better place.
Quite a list of assumptions you have there.  Placing a child up for adoption does not equal hate, does not guarantee a poor upbringing, and certainly doesn't mean they'll become a criminal.  But if you'd prefer to abort Steve Jobs and Marilyn Monroe, by all means.
I'll trade you one Steve Jobs for one Adolf Hitler.  Even throw in a rookie Osama (pre-1980).
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,268|5800

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Cheeky_Ninja06 wrote:

As for the specific case, somebody has a kid which they hate and put up for adoption. Kid probably moves from home to home and is already likely to be genetically disposed to being a fucking moron he has a shite upbringing and goes and rapes somebody else. WOO well done making the world a better place.
Quite a list of assumptions you have there.  Placing a child up for adoption does not equal hate, does not guarantee a poor upbringing, and certainly doesn't mean they'll become a criminal.  But if you'd prefer to abort Steve Jobs and Marilyn Monroe, by all means.
I'll trade you one Steve Jobs for one Adolf Hitler.  Even throw in a rookie Osama (pre-1980).
and stalin.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|5581

Cybargs wrote:

and stalin.
quit stalin and pass the law already, the more vaginas we probe the better
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,003|4442|London, England
Meh, the easiest response to people who say adoption is better than abortion is to ask them how many kids they've adopted.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|5529|The Land of Scott Walker

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Cheeky_Ninja06 wrote:

As for the specific case, somebody has a kid which they hate and put up for adoption. Kid probably moves from home to home and is already likely to be genetically disposed to being a fucking moron he has a shite upbringing and goes and rapes somebody else. WOO well done making the world a better place.
Quite a list of assumptions you have there.  Placing a child up for adoption does not equal hate, does not guarantee a poor upbringing, and certainly doesn't mean they'll become a criminal.  But if you'd prefer to abort Steve Jobs and Marilyn Monroe, by all means.
I'll trade you one Steve Jobs for one Adolf Hitler.  Even throw in a rookie Osama (pre-1980).
Adoption messed them up that bad?
Reciprocity
Member
+721|5665|the dank(super) side of Oregon
this guys only mistake was saying what most republicans only think becuase even they know how bad it sounds.  his fellow assholes are calling for him to step aside not because they disagree but because it's inconvenient and embarrassing.  Mittens supports personhood amendments and his little eddie munster sidekick co-sponsored a federal personhood amendment.

if the woman didn't want to get pregnant she wouldn't have secretly enjoyed being raped.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|5581

today, the republicans are going to roll out a plan on how many classes and what degrees of rape there are

meanwhile, the teabaggers won't even reach around to tell them "good job"
HITNRUNXX
Member
+220|5794|Oklahoma City
Considering the number of kids I know that were adopted, and the number of parents I know that have adopted, your argument about them being "genetically disposed to being a fucking moron he has a shite upbringing and goes and rapes somebody else" is probably the most ignorant thing I have ever seen on this site, and that is in a long list of ignorant things.

Yes, I feel abortion (the killing of a human baby) is murder.

No, you will not change my mind.

I also hate the "what if" arguments. What if they were raped? So what? Since when do we purposely punish the children of a criminal? Should we go hunt down every rapist's kid and shoot them in the head? Afterall, they are "genetically disposed to being a fucking moron he has a shite upbringing and goes and rapes somebody else" right?

This isn't the dark ages. Hell, this isn't even the 1940s. Orphanages no longer exist over here. Kids that are adopted at birth are very very rarely moved back out of that family.

Pity my family all you want. They are loved and taken care of, and weren't even murdered in the womb, just because we were having financial problems at the time.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,443|4670

Cool story. You still haven't answered how you are going to find homes for 1.4 million+ unwanted children every year.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,443|4670

A quick Google search tells me that there is half a million children in foster care at any one time in the U.S. How would we manage 3 times that number being added every year?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,760|5237|what

HITNRUNXX wrote:

I also hate the "what if" arguments. What if they were raped? So what? Since when do we purposely punish the children of a criminal? Should we go hunt down every rapist's kid and shoot them in the head? Afterall, they are "genetically disposed to being a fucking moron he has a shite upbringing and goes and rapes somebody else" right?
What if Hitler had raped someone, should the woman carry it to term?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

"coz you a far cry from acclaim nigga ubisoft"
HITNRUNXX
Member
+220|5794|Oklahoma City

Macbeth wrote:

Cool story. You still haven't answered how you are going to find homes for 1.4 million+ unwanted children every year.
Hey I know, let's just go around murdering everyone we don't think contributes to society. Then we will have plenty of population space left over. That sounds like a great justification to end a life.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard