Poll

Who dies?

You8%8% - 2
The innocent91%91% - 21
Total: 23
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Pfft.  Me before any complete stranger.  Not because of me, but the impact my death would cause to my loved ones.

Superior Mind wrote:

You are in some desperate situation in which you must choose to either end your own life or the life of an innocent stranger. How do you proceed?
You should watch the movie The Fall.. random. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460791/
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5690|Gulf Coast

Flip a coin. Heads I win, tails you lose.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
details matter because i dont wanna tortured to death
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6192|Escea

Christbane
+51|6204
a situation you cant have an answer for until you are faced with it
Cheeky_Ninja06
+52|6702|Cambridge, England
Meh just about everybody will do everything they can to save themselves, even if its only for a little while. Doesnt matter what moralfags want to believe.

Last edited by Cheeky_Ninja06 (2012-08-15 13:50:20)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6380|'Murka

Superior Mind wrote:

Why do the details matter? Maybe you have a gun to your head, maybe you are hanging from a cliff side. The question is simple: would you rather give up your life or directly cause the death of another? Each option is offensive to one's spirit, it's a matter of your personal disposition. Are you at peace enough to die or will you kill to live?
I'm both at peace enough to die and willing to kill to live.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Cheeky_Ninja06 wrote:

Meh just about everybody will do everything they can to save themselves, even if its only for a little while. Doesnt matter what moralfags want to believe.
I don't think everyone is as shitty of a person as you are.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6380|'Murka

Yeah. Basic human survival instinct is irrelevant and makes people inherently shitty.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
Am I innocent, too? (I mean, I know I'm not, but does the person who set this up know?!)

In any case, I'd almost certainly choose the stranger. If it were someone I cared about, that's a horse of a different color.
Cheeky_Ninja06

Macbeth wrote:

Cheeky_Ninja06 wrote:

Theres tons of evidence of survival instinct overruling everything even when people will only live for an extra few seconds.

If you put two people in a room and told them that only one person is allowed to leave then 9 times out of 10 they would fight.

I mean look at gladiators ffs.

Last edited by Cheeky_Ninja06 (2012-08-15 15:14:31)

Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5934|London, England

just look at a movie to see how people act
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Brasso
+1,549|6600

Mutantbear wrote:

just look at a movie to see how people act
you mean like that movie saw???
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

i saw that movie
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662

Cheeky_Ninja06 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Cheeky_Ninja06 wrote:

Theres tons of evidence of survival instinct overruling everything even when people will only live for an extra few seconds.

If you put two people in a room and told them that only one person is allowed to leave then 9 times out of 10 they would fight.

The difference in this situation is that you have all the power. The other person isn't making the decision.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Mutantbear wrote:

details matter because i dont live in a world where details dont matter
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6161|Roma

DesertFox- wrote:

Am I innocent, too? (I mean, I know I'm not, but does the person who set this up know?!)

In any case, I'd almost certainly choose the stranger. If it were someone I cared about, that's a horse of a different color.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Cheeky_Ninja06

Superior Mind wrote:

Cheeky_Ninja06 wrote:

The difference in this situation is that you have all the power. The other person isn't making the decision.
If i have all the power then I chose nobody dies.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6512|Texas - Bigger than France
Can I pick the other person?

And what is the other person wearing?
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5720|شمال
see..thats y u always pick a medic kit... kill the bastard, then revive him
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic

Board footer