Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

CNN.com headline wrote:

Several people, including law enforcement officers, have been shot near Texas A&M University, police say.
This thread is useful after all. Morbid but useful.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Flaming_Maniac goes to Texas A&M. I hope he is okay. FM was a man of honor.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5934|London, England

Macbeth wrote:

Flaming_Maniac goes to Texas A&M. I hope he is okay. FM was a man of honor.
i miss fm
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6711|FUCK UBISOFT

I thought FM went to UT Austin
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
He did
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
good grief
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Narupug wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

CNN.com headline wrote:

Several people, including law enforcement officers, have been shot near Texas A&M University, police say.
This thread is useful after all. Morbid but useful.
Shooting sprees have become a weekly occurrence...
If this keeps up till November, Obama got it.
rdx-fx
+955|6561
I would've rather this thread sink into oblivion.

Three of them in a row, now the rest of the crazies are going to come out in force.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I wouldn't really classify this as a mass shooting. Cops got shot serving an eviction notice. Normal.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5566|Vacationland

Jay wrote:

I wouldn't really classify this as a mass shooting. Cops got shot serving an eviction notice. Normal.
Just your run of the mill cop killing right?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Narupug wrote:

Jay wrote:

Just your run of the mill cop killing right?
Pretty much. Hazards of the job.
-Frederick Bastiat
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
Making jokes isnt very nice jay..
HITNRUNXX
+220|6679|Oklahoma City
I wouldn't call it a mass shooting either. Police involved shootings happen everyday. No one even seems to care about that anymore. Few people even know we have a Law Enforcement Memorial Wall in D.C.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Well looks like I jumped the gun here
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5566|Vacationland

HITNRUNXX wrote:

I wouldn't call it a mass shooting either. Police involved shootings happen everyday. No one even seems to care about that anymore. Few people even know we have a Law Enforcement Memorial Wall in D.C.
You don't think there is a chance to lessen the number of shootings police involved or not?
HITNRUNXX
+220|6679|Oklahoma City
Did I say that? Or did I say this isn't want I would call a mass shooting. I could go into how we should outlaw alcohol and lessen the number of drunk driving deaths (higher than shooting deaths) but that isn't really relevant to the thread topic.

Neither is a random shooting. If we are going to start tracking those, this nice new server would run out of space in a couple months.
Adams_BJ

HITNRUNXX wrote:

no they dont
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5566|Vacationland

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Did I say that? Or did I say this isn't want I would call a mass shooting. I could go into how we should outlaw alcohol and lessen the number of drunk driving deaths (higher than shooting deaths) but that isn't really relevant to the thread topic.

Neither is a random shooting. If we are going to start tracking those, this nice new server would run out of space in a couple months.
I realize that.  You just seemed to be treating it as if it wasn't a big deal because it "happens all the time."  My bad if I miss understood.  Mass shooting or not, it still speaks to a problem that needs to be addressed.
Adams_BJ
People getting shot erry day
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

WASHINGTON — A security guard for a conservative Christian lobbying group has been shot in the arm in the nation’s capital.

Police Chief Cathy Lanier says a man walked into the Family Research Council in the city’s Chinatown neighborhood about 10:45 a.m. Wednesday and was confronted by a security guard, whom he shot. The guard and others wrestled the man to the ground and he was taken into custody by the FBI.

The FBI and police say it’s too early to know the circumstances of the shooting and whether it was connected to the Family Research Council’s activities.
I guess you can file this one under 'Almost'
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
not really
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5671|College Park, MD

Macbeth wrote:

WASHINGTON — A security guard for a conservative Christian lobbying group has been shot in the arm in the nation’s capital.

Police Chief Cathy Lanier says a man walked into the Family Research Council in the city’s Chinatown neighborhood about 10:45 a.m. Wednesday and was confronted by a security guard, whom he shot. The guard and others wrestled the man to the ground and he was taken into custody by the FBI.

The FBI and police say it’s too early to know the circumstances of the shooting and whether it was connected to the Family Research Council’s activities.
I guess you can file this one under 'Almost'
lol Chinatown neighborhood, where there's more salvadorans and blacks than chinese
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
HITNRUNXX
+220|6679|Oklahoma City

Narupug wrote:

I realize that.  You just seemed to be treating it as if it wasn't a big deal because it "happens all the time."  My bad if I miss understood.  Mass shooting or not, it still speaks to a problem that needs to be addressed.
Nah... Just thought there was no reason to bleed the 2nd Amendment thread and the Batman thread into this one.

I totally agree there should be steps taken to correct the issue, and recently listed a lot of that out in one of those other threads. Just didn't want to rehash.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Hope I'm not jumping the gun with this one but
Two Louisiana sheriff's deputies died and two others were wounded early Thursday in a shooting outside a steel plant, state police said.

Two suspects are in custody and one remains on the loose, according to state police Trooper Melissa Matey.

Numerous state police SWAT teams, helicopters and troopers were involved in the search for the remaining suspect, Louisiana State Police said.

Matey said two of the deputies with the St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff's Office were working an off-duty job, while two others were on duty.

At least some of the deputies, whose identities have not yet been released, were on traffic duty at the Bayou Steel Plant in LaPlace when the shootings happened in the parking lot around 5 a.m. (6 a.m. ET), according to State Police Sgt. Ann Dusang.

She initially said the deputies had been ambushed, but Matey later backed off that assertion.

"Right now we're going to say they had an encounter. We're not exactly sure if they were ambushed," she said.

The two wounded officers have been hospitalized, Dusang said.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

Hope I'm not jumping the gun with this one but
Two Louisiana sheriff's deputies died and two others were wounded early Thursday in a shooting outside a steel plant, state police said.

Two suspects are in custody and one remains on the loose, according to state police Trooper Melissa Matey.

Numerous state police SWAT teams, helicopters and troopers were involved in the search for the remaining suspect, Louisiana State Police said.

Matey said two of the deputies with the St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff's Office were working an off-duty job, while two others were on duty.

At least some of the deputies, whose identities have not yet been released, were on traffic duty at the Bayou Steel Plant in LaPlace when the shootings happened in the parking lot around 5 a.m. (6 a.m. ET), according to State Police Sgt. Ann Dusang.

She initially said the deputies had been ambushed, but Matey later backed off that assertion.

"Right now we're going to say they had an encounter. We're not exactly sure if they were ambushed," she said.

The two wounded officers have been hospitalized, Dusang said.

Macbeth wrote:

Okay how about some commentary? If I wanted to read a random news article I wouldn't be in a chat thread.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard