FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum

m3thod wrote:

justice wrote:

Good to see Spain finally stepped it up. Nothing went Italy's way though, I must say. Nice take and finish by Torres, a sign of things to come I hope.

Bring on Brazil 2014, where the standard of football will be even shitter, players will be dying of heat exhaustion on the pitch, fans being mugged in the streets and then onto Qatar a little later for another world cup in unbelievably hot conditions.

Fifa/Uefa are just so fucking stupid, the location of these tournaments is what kills them, let alone the fact that they are at the end of the season when all the players are half dead anyway (should be middle of the season IMO), they then put them in locations where either the players are physically sick because of the extreme temperatures, or places like Poland/Ukraine where nobody wants to spend their hard earned money to go. Look at the attendances of fans in the this tournament, absolutely shocking...France had 400 fans at one of their games...

How about a world cup in the middle of the season, when players are fresh and motivated, in a location that will promote good football and the fans would enjoy...say the USA.

Oh no wait, they'd rather take bribes and let international football die more.

/rant

Sorry, just so pissed with the directional International football is going.
It will be winter in the summer hemisphere during the Brazil World cup. it will be warm but most matches will take place in the evening to take account of the europeans who make up the largest audience.  Security will be the big issue although the authorities are cleaning up the favelas even bringing in the military to help out.

Qatar on the other hand is a joke in every conceivable way.
must be mad dorra to bring it to Qatar because a) it's a fucking fortune to get there b) the fans can't get rowdy in public c) get caught shagging around and you go to jail

did we mention its in a FUCKING DESERT
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6315|Graz, Austria
I could imagine that the Qatari monarchs fork out money for building closed stadiums with air-conditioning.
After all, there are indoor skiing arenas somewhere in the Middle Eastern desert for rich oil sheikhs.

Speaking of rich:
That's where I see the problem with current international football, especially the big tournaments like the WC and the Euro.
It's slowly going the stupid way that the Formula 1 has gone: fucking expensive tickets and venues in countries where the average citizen needs to work a year to afford it.

I do like Platini's plans for the 2020 Euro, where he wants to have the tournament spread across Europe in more than 12 cities/locations, instead of 1 or 2 host countries.
That could work, if they don't add Reykjavik or Valetta to the mix.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6563

you like that idea? or are you being sarcastic?
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6315|Graz, Austria

Toilet Sex wrote:

you like that idea? or are you being sarcastic?
To some extent, yes.
Because they would also need to extend the auto-qualifying host countries, which means that we might see funny games with teams like Andorra, San Marino or the Faroe Islands.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6663|UK

globefish23 wrote:

I could imagine that the Qatari monarchs fork out money for building closed stadiums with air-conditioning.
After all, there are indoor skiing arenas somewhere in the Middle Eastern desert for rich oil sheikhs.
Artifical 'clouds' is what they were touting last year

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9435035.stm
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard