genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6648|Middle of nowhere
anyone else find it odd that they didn't up the required amount of kills for Expert Knife?? I mean, if it was 500 like Expert Pistol, it wouldn't bug me so much

but really, only 100 kills for an expert?  That's as easy as say getting Expert Assault Rifle with only 500 kills or something

but whatever, only 72 more to go!!
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6817|North Texas
It's an attemt to stop the pistol & knife only servers.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6648|Middle of nowhere
i know, but i mean, why didn't they up the kills for the knife badge? seems a bit silly to me
MarXman[NL]
+1|6518
I really hate the fact they removed the round kill requirements of Expert Knife Badge, many people ( including me ) had to work their ( and my ) cracks off to get the expert knife badge, now you cant call it expert anymore, because anyone who got 100 knives just gets the freaking badge like a present from f*cking Santa Claus, and that whole vehicle dropping thing is BS, the game crashes since the patch is installed, so no thumb up from me for f*cking EA. Ah well, to all bf2 players who stay playing, hasta la victoria siempre eses!
rezyn8
+3|6743|Melbourne, Australia

NM156 wrote:

Armor Combat
Lowered time from 900000 (250h) to 360000 (100h)
Lowered kills from 10000 to 5000
Removed Accuracy
CONFIRMED
Can someone confirm the reqs for Armor Combat Medal (not Expert Armor Badge). According to the Award changes I qualify for this Medal (100+ hrs 10000+ kills) yet I had 30+ kills in a round all from tank fire yet the award did not get awarded to me. This was on an SF server, I am yet to try a vanilla BF2 server though.

Has anyone been awarded this since the new patch?
SargeJp
+87|6720|Canada
I got mine with about 28 kills with 120 hours of armor and I had veteran armor already. I did it in a vanilla BF2 server.
rezyn8
Hmm - I will have to try for it on Vanilla as I have 145hrs and Veteran Armor as well. Thanks SargeJp.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6817|North Texas
Those are the correct requirements for that medal. I'm growing more certained about no awards being rewarded in Special Forces. This would be bad.
rezyn8
Yeah there used to be a bug in SF about promotion as well - I had to jump onto a vanilla server to get promoted to First Sergeant as SF just would not promote me. But that has been fixed.

I did get my Combat and Marksman Medals on an SF server as soon as I installed the patch so it seems to be a bit finicky - the SF servers that is.

I will confirm the Armor Combat Medal on vanilla when I get a chance. (Offtopic: going to the Australia v Greece Football match tonight in Melbourne!)
snoogy_beef
Jim Beam is my water...
+8|6598|Gold Coast, Australia

DrunkFace wrote:

THE WORST CHANGES I HAVE EVER SEEN!!

i was FUCKING 15 days from getting a legitimate WCR, and have been working to get it for the past 3 months, and now they PUT THESE SHIT HOUSE FUCKING BULLSHIT EASY ASS REQUIREMENTS, which is going to take me 284 days. There is not one change i agree to and now think the entire award system is flawed and represents nothing. The awards before were something to aim for, something hard, something for the skilled (or statpadder, but they can go fuck them selves), and not for everyone.

ALL EA has done it make them meaning less, not only that, they made the people who earned them the hard why lose prestige on what they had accomplished. If you couldn't get a badge before the patch it was because they were there for elite, the best at the game, If you cant get badges now YOU FUCKING SUCK. And if anyone asks for help on getting an award from now on should be ridiculed and flamed for being so shit. I  think i might go back to CS, cause this is what this is turning into, just with TKing and LONGER FUCKING LOADING TIMES AND SO MANY FUCKING BUGS.
DONT PATCH?
Jade456
+1|6634|Las Vegas
I love patch whiners!!!!!!!!!!!!
James-m
+28|6519|England
lol, i dont get it... EA are stupid. Why remove those expert badges for general requirements? I mean, people install 1.3 and theres about 20-30 generals out there now.... ERC.RC or whatever his name is, now has 9 Armor medals i mean come on
shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6645|Warlord/Bellevue,WA
good boy Wayne *pats head* =p
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6756|Bulgaria
In the first day after I installed 1.3, I got these:
2 medals
2 veteran badges
1 expert badge

It sux that awards are so easy to get now EA, u idiots!!!!!111
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6659|London, UK
well some awards like time requirements being lowered r fine but taken away
Nitro3093
+0|6638
I wonder why they changed it. I thought some of the awards where tough to get but that made it just that much better when you got them. What where they thinking? I wonder why they changed it now?
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK

Nitro3093 wrote:

I wonder why they changed it. I thought some of the awards where tough to get but that made it just that much better when you got them. What where they thinking? I wonder why they changed it now?
this has been covered. They lowed the requirements so that we all finish the game... and buy 2142
blackwidow
+2|6712
WOW!! awesome job getting those air and ground defense badges as a COMMANDER, dropping arty.  That is nothing to proud of..................

Last edited by blackwidow (2006-05-25 13:47:27)

bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6659|London, UK
thanks for the negative karma no name person >.>

Last edited by bullit (2006-05-25 15:42:54)

][v][artini
+31|6690|Netherlands

Prodie wrote:

I'm not so sure about the vet tranport one, but maybe it's just me.

I have well over 25h in it, yet I can't seem to get the badge.

You still probably have to get the 5 road kills in a round, but I'm sure I've just done that. What counts as a road kill again?
just run 5 people over, like i did today

btw... i got 3 medals, 1 rank and 3 veteran badges today
well i got my rank 3 times today, 3 different servers
kadath123
+13|6589|England, UK

DrunkFace wrote:

<snip>If you couldn't get a badge before the patch it was because they were there for elite, the best at the game, If you cant get badges now YOU FUCKING SUCK. </snip>
ROFL!
mgtd1138
+5|6713|USA, Where Dumb people Rule
Thanks for the great REPLY but maybe I missed something...

Referencing the Combat Infantry and the next one (forgot name but I have all necessary veterans badges), when do you receive these awards?

I have 350-hours and all badges for the first couple awards but I have not seen the awards.

Any help would be appreciated.
ilyandor
+31|6658|Phoenix, AZ

liquidat0r wrote:

Nitro3093 wrote:

wonder why they changed it now?
this has been covered. They lowed the requirements so that we all finish the game... and buy 2142
T H A N K S  . . . I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW WHINERS DONT UNDERSTAND THIS^. . .
victimofdeath
+2|6711
Damn how good is that, I havnt been on in 35 days and all of a sudden im eligable for combat infantry, marksman, navy cross, expert explosives, expert air, expert ground, veterin transport.  And ive about 1 hr away for a couple more and a few kills for more and beauty is i only gotta login to a couple of these.

how easy has this game become, talk about gift horse.

"sobs, turns, walks away whistling last post"
"mumbling"

So much for a good game Age of Empires 3 here I come I was looking forward to working my butt of to get them.
coco
medic whore
+60|6516|california
finally i can get new awards

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard