Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
Is the L96 still misaligned with literally all of the optics? I know they fixed the problem with the iron sights, but did they fix it with everything else?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California
Yeah it's fine now
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6512|Sammamish, WA
I just played my first CQ. I sat through all four maps and I can say I'm thoroughly disgusted. There is nothing of Battlefield in this, it's just Quake by another name. Everyone spawns right on top of one another, every action happens at point blank. No strategy, just run around until you see someone, unload a clip and keep moving.

This is obviously aimed directly at competing with CoD and has nothing in it that differentiates BF from all the other FPS games out there. It's disgusting.
Flawless
Rage
+7|4625|North Carolina

JdeFalconr wrote:

I just played my first CQ. I sat through all four maps and I can say I'm thoroughly disgusted. There is nothing of Battlefield in this, it's just Quake by another name. Everyone spawns right on top of one another, every action happens at point blank. No strategy, just run around until you see someone, unload a clip and keep moving.

This is obviously aimed directly at competing with CoD and has nothing in it that differentiates BF from all the other FPS games out there. It's disgusting.
What did you expect close quarters to be lol?
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
The title of this DLC somehow gave it away, didn't it?
At least since you saw the trailer, you could be 100% certain that you wouldn't get the classic Battlefield experience, but rather the more generic FPS experience.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
which is why i was clever and didnt buy it
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
meh. worth it for the guns if you are gonna get the other packs anyways. was anybody ever under the delusion that this pack was not aimed at COD players? I doubt it. Just part of the game and a freebie as far as I'm concerned AK will be better.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Had so much fun on Donya Fortress in Squad Deathmatch mode! My friends and I took up a position by the highest point and two of us covered the two access points to that tower. We keep finishing with 20-30 more kills than any other squad and the fighting was non-stop intense.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Non stop intense? All you did was camp a corridor.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

AussieReaper wrote:

Non stop intense? All you did was camp a corridor.
"Camp a corridor" is one way of putting it. Running up and down the staircase and covering three entrances into the corridor while getting shot at and reviving and getting revived is another. It was intense. RPGs and grenades that we had to dodge, then the squads that would come in together. It was chaos.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

I want to stomp on the head of everyone that decides to play medic in a close quarters game.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Medic has always been OP in battlefield.

Medpacks you can use on yourself? Unlimited health.

Revive points equal to killing an enemy? Top point scorer for team.

Assault class has some of the best weapons too.

Playing support is stupid, suppress that corridor and hope someone walks into it? It's not a run and gun class at all. C4 is the one redeeming quality in QC but if FF is on, forget it.

Engineer is ridiculous, what're you supposed to do with anti tank mines and a repair torch? You can throw an RPG into a room but that's lame.

And sniper, on QC? Other than using the T-UGS there's not much point playing it.

Medic in QC makes sense more than the other classes.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
Well, you can always equip a shotgun or a PDW for the recon and support classes to make them more fit for CQ play.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Remember when classes had different amounts of body armor. So on one hand you could sprint for longer, but on the other hand you took more damage.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
yeah i miss that. i liked how 2142 handled that too
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
no.

stop living in the past.  change is good.  even obama likes change.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

globefish23 wrote:

Well, you can always equip a shotgun or a PDW for the recon and support classes to make them more fit for CQ play.
Unlimited health packs or ammo packs is your choice. I'll take the ammo.

Radio spawn beacons don't make any sense in CQ.

But yeah, equip a shotgun and go nuts if you like those classes.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

AussieReaper wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

Unlimited health packs or ammo packs is your choice. I'll take the ammo.

Radio spawn beacons don't make any sense in CQ.

But yeah, equip a shotgun and go nuts if you like those classes.
Radio beacons are actually much more useful in CQ since all the spawning is random. Being able to consistently spawn next to a flag is very powerful. Also on the CQ maps you always spawn in right on the thing instead of having to waste time parachuting down. I've gotten more use out of the radio spawn in the week CQ has been out than in the 7 months since release.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

m3thod wrote:

no.

stop living in the past.  change is good.  even obama likes change.
change is what's left after you give obammer ur hundreds of dollars and he s liek taxes ok thx heres ur change nd its like 5 penies
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

mtb0minime wrote:

Remember when classes had different amounts of body armor. So on one hand you could sprint for longer, but on the other hand you took more damage.
Wow what game was that I don't even remember O.o
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
That would be BF2.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida

AussieReaper wrote:

Medic has always been OP in battlefield.
Which is why Bad Company 2 had the best squad system.   

How many of you would have paid for Close Quarters had it not come with 10 new weapons?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Stingray24 wrote:

That would be BF2.
I don't remember more armor and sprint. huh, weird...

It's been too long :cry:

I liked BF2142's system better. Actually I liked all the gameplay aspects of BF2142 better than any other BF game I've ever played. The setting and weapons I could care less about, like it could be replaced with BF2 era but I really loved that gameplay.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6297|Australia

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

That would be BF2.
I don't remember more armor and sprint. huh, weird...
Yea, it was support, assault and AT which had body armor/low sprint while medic, engy, sniper and spec-ops had no armor/more sprint.

Light classes could sprint for something like 50% longer (15 seconds compared to 10, I think?) while heavy classes took 33% less damage from body shots (with the exception of the M95, which did full damage).
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
In BF2142 you could equip body armor on a per-class basis (with shorter sprint time), which was even better than in BF2.

And I too think that BF2142 had the best overall systems.
It already had the consolidated 4-class system, but more resembling BF2 (assault/medic, support, spec-ops/sniper, engie/AT).
In BFBC2, suddenly the LMG guy was the medic and assault had ammo bags, and now in BF3, the LMG guy weirdly also carries C4 and claymores, which completely removes the spec-ops duties from the recon class.

Also, BF2142 still had the 6-man squads and the commander with his assets. And it worked perfectly well.

The game also introduced infantry carried AA, so the skies couldn't be dominated by aircraft that much.
At least theoretically, since I haven't unlocked it myself and have never seen anyone use it.
The AA guns on the walkers helped a lot though, as well as the AA placements that were still available.

BF2142 is also the only game with the Assault Lines game, which IMO is the best game mode so far, keeping all the good things from Conquest, while adding a nice frontline experience that gets shifted, but not in such a static way that the Rush mode now is.

Oh, also, Titan mode...

I really, really wished that they would do a BF2143 with the new Frostbite engine.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard