Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5450
It has come to my attention that EA actually shut down one its official forums. This comes as no surprise as it was the primary place players gathered to criticize their games usually with much negativity. There has been no information regarding the the exact reason for EA's choice. Rather than address game issues EA thought it would be better to just turn a blind eye to them. It can be expected that EA will state they wanted to consolidate its members to the Battlelog forums, but we all know that's a lie, and if it isn't then its only because they have more control over the content of threads there. To me this is a simple case of going after the symptoms rather than looking for a cure. So where does that leave the former EAUK members? Some will migrate to the new Mordor forums, started in memory of the EAUK forums being nicked named that by the EA DICE community manager. Others will migrate to other forums. No matter how you look at it EA just cut open a tumor full of caner that will spread across the net.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX
As long as they're making money why would they care?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
that forum must have really sucked, and you were init

Last edited by Kimmmmmmmmmmmm (2012-06-03 07:01:46)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6628|BC, Canada
A melodramatic gamer? Never seen that before.
BVC
+325|6665
I doubt suppression of criticism was a motivation behind shutting EAUK, more likely they want to consolidate the community and encourage players to interact with the game more directly.

That said, within the context of each title's time, BF3 would easily be the worst proper Battlefield title to date, and has probably generated a lot more rage than any previous title.  Why?
- More pay to win elements than ever.
- They don't seem to care about stopping cheaters.  These days, PB is just lip service.
- No hosting your own servers.
- More crashing than any previous title.
- The smallest number of maps (8) of any Battlefield title.
- Paying for maps (DLC packs) when we used to get a decent amount for free, both up front and through patches.

Last edited by BVC (2012-06-03 02:29:58)

TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5874|CA
I'd imagine they want to move all Battlefield discussion to the Battlelog forums, but those are just as much a joke anyways.
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5450

Dilbert_X wrote:

Well many players there were starting to organize against choices made by EA which could have affected their bottom line if it continued.

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

The EAUK forums were much better than the Battlelog forums. There is virtually no moderation in the Battleog forums so almost anything goes. Plus I heard getting banned from them does not allow you to login to Battlelog, which means you cannot play BF3 since its launched though it.

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Well when you play a game for 5 years and it becomes your favorite game, then another game being marketed as a sequel comes long, yet it shares almost nothing in common with it, you tend to get a little pissed. To make things better DICE knew very well their deception would be received with much negativity and continued to push forward.
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6340|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

Well when you play a game for 5 years and it becomes your favorite game, then another game being marketed as a sequel comes long, yet it shares almost nothing in common with it, you tend to get a little pissed. To make things better DICE knew very well their deception would be received with much negativity and continued to push forward.
Dude. It's all frustrating. But this isn't going to change a thing. Adults making choices over children complaining. Adults win. Like the analogy. Fuck ye.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Well many players there were starting to organize against choices made by EA which could have affected their bottom line if it continued.

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

The EAUK forums were much better than the Battlelog forums. There is virtually no moderation in the Battleog forums so almost anything goes. Plus I heard getting banned from them does not allow you to login to Battlelog, which means you cannot play BF3 since its launched though it.

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Dice has nothing to do with it dude. Its all EA, they buy up companies and gut them, then install peoplr who will do their bidding.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6762|Jupiter

Collateralis wrote:

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

Dude. It's all frustrating. But this isn't going to change a thing. Adults making choices over children complaining. Adults win. Like the analogy. Fuck ye.
Yea cause sitting around doing nothing was how America was founded, faggot.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6628|BC, Canada
lowut
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK

-Whiteroom- wrote:

lowut
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5934|London, England

i think hes saying that we need to stand up to EA and force them to make a good game because thats how america was founded

i dont even
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

Mutantbear wrote:

i think hes saying that we need to stand up to EA and force them to make a good game because thats how america was founded

i dont even
merikuh!
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Mutantbear

MAERICA WASNT FOUNDED ON SHITTY GAME COMPANIES

faggot
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

https://i.imgur.com/Q7kjk.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
UnkleRukus
That Guy
God bless Scott Walker. God bless the USA
Collateralis
Beep bep.

eusgen wrote:

Did you found it? Oh sorry, I must have missed the last 300 years of history.

This is a GAME, don't even try to compare it to the establishment of a country and FYI, you're all immigrants brought in by EUROPE. You were established by the British. America is a bastard country.
UnkleRukus
That Guy

Collateralis wrote:

eusgen wrote:

Did you found it? Oh sorry, I must have missed the last 300 years of history.

This is a GAME, don't even try to compare it to the establishment of a country and FYI, you're all immigrants brought in by EUROPE. You were established by the British. America is a bastard country.
Its more hispanic and black by now. Whites are the minority.

Also, austrailia is a bastard colony too, if you want to use your logic.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6762|Jupiter
https://www.ordinaryresponse.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/trollface.png

Last edited by eusgen (2012-06-10 09:48:05)

Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.

eusgen wrote:

Wow, intelligent.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Collateralis
Beep bep.
A bright kid. Good luck with life.
Mutantbear

Collateralis wrote:

A bright kid. Good luck with life.
Mission: Compliment the kids

Alias: Collateralis
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5450
https://discovery.czechian.net/premium.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
meh
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard