Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5171|Sydney
My PT had his comp today. Didn't place but it was his first comp and he came up well. The guys that got through to the top five were quite a bit bigger. There was no weight division, just the open novice section.

Last edited by Jaekus (2012-05-27 02:38:13)

bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6304

Between a nasty sun burn and my wisdom teeth extraction, I haven't been to the gym in 11 days Feels terrible. Hopefully be back into it later this week.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4835|Amsterdam
a sun burn... really?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6304

Yeah, I'd rather not be in pain every time I do a bench rep, shoulder press, or a squat. It hurt to have any weight more than a teeshirt resting on my shoulders and whenever my back/shoulder muscles would contract and stretch. It's gone now so whatever.
jord
+2,382|6671|The North, beyond the wall.
yeah i had bad sun burn the other week, its a legitimate excuse.
Jaekus
+957|5171|Sydney
Into week six, great workout. Really loving the workouts having a PT and pushing myself to beyond positive failure. Feeling the results and starting to notice some small size gains. Long way to go but progress is progress
Jaekus
+957|5171|Sydney
Also my PT has outlined the guidelines for pre-workout nutrition and it's working wonders for my energy levels.

1.5 - 2 hours before workout: eat a meal containing complex carbs and protein (either oats with whey or brown rice with chicken).

40 - 50 minutes before workout: drink a medium/strong black coffee, no sugar.

30 minuts before workout: eat a banana and take two BCAA caps (I've got Optimum Nutrition ones but I'm sure most brands will be suitable).

5 - 10 minutes before lifting: jump on the bike and go at a moderate pace or powerwalk (powerwalk is like today when I was almost running late, takes 5-10 mins from the bus to the gym )

Last edited by Jaekus (2012-06-04 01:03:38)

Jaekus
+957|5171|Sydney
So I decided to sign up to the gym today. They just made it way too attractive not to.

They've had a price restructure this week so now casual users (like I was) have gone up from $10 to $20 an entry.

Compare this with $18.50 a week for membership. But it gets better.

Normally there's a $199 joining fee. They not only waived this but also reduced my weekly rate to $14.50 for the twelve months, and said this will continue at this rate after the contract expires.

Oh, and I can also access any Goodlife gym in Australia. They currently have 45.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6316|New Haven, CT
I thought you had a home gym?
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6184|Roma
Was going to go to the gym before work today. Didn't.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4835|Amsterdam
Don't they have these enormous airbus planes that have gyms inside of them?
If you could get a job flying one of those you could just wokr out while working. Imagine all the time you'll save!
Jaekus
+957|5171|Sydney
I do have a home gym but I'm also seeing a PT twice a week. By becoming a member I save money on the PT sessions and the gym has better equipment, so...
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4835|Amsterdam
home gym + membership

smart.

Isn't there some other way to get PT guidance? Or, once he has givemn you a solid routine (that fits you home gym) quit the sessions.
Jaekus
+957|5171|Sydney
It's more than guidance. He's also spotting me of course and then getting me to do a few advanced techniques like assisted reps, forced reps and negatives.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6453|UK

Kampframmer wrote:

Don't they have these enormous airbus planes that have gyms inside of them?
If you could get a job flying one of those you could just wokr out while working. Imagine all the time you'll save!
"I think you need to be flying the plane captain"

"Hold on it's my last set!"
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
Just reading this thread makes me feel tired.

So does that count as exercise?

I'm going with 'yes' until I'm proven wrong.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jaekus
+957|5171|Sydney
Physical exercise is any bodily activity that enhances or maintains physical fitness and overall health and wellness.
I can't say sitting in front of a computer fits the above.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6304

Bought a pair of Adidas adipure trainers. I'm gonna give them a week to see how they feel at the gym.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6664|UK
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4835|Amsterdam

bugz wrote:

Bought a pair of Adidas adipure trainers. I'm gonna give them a week to see how they feel at the gym.
They look terrible for lifting.
They have the whole 'toe-glove'-fad going on, but the rest of sole looks like that of running shoes, and you absolutely do not want to be lifting on those.

what you need is either some actual weightlifting shoes or something that has a flat sole. Your feet need to be flat on the ground and the shoes are only there to offer some extra support (and comfort). Running shoes force your feet in a position it shouldn't be in whilst lifting weights.

But maybe i'm mistaken, and the pictures on the internet just don't do them justice.

Last edited by Kampframmer (2012-06-11 02:05:44)

Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5957|London, England

i doubt most people in this thread can lift enough where weightlifting shoes are even necessary
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Jaekus
+957|5171|Sydney
Just wear chucks, high tops. No cushioned flat sole with ankle support. Comfy and stylish
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6304

Kampframmer wrote:

bugz wrote:

They look terrible for lifting.
They have the whole 'toe-glove'-fad going on, but the rest of sole looks like that of running shoes, and you absolutely do not want to be lifting on those.

what you need is either some actual weightlifting shoes or something that has a flat sole. Your feet need to be flat on the ground and the shoes are only there to offer some extra support (and comfort). Running shoes force your feet in a position it shouldn't be in whilst lifting weights.

But maybe i'm mistaken, and the pictures on the internet just don't do them justice.
The sole is flat and 10-12mm thick at the most on the Adidas ones I picked up.

I just want to try them for a week and then take them back if I don't like them. You can all say I told you so if I somehow fuck up my ankle/feet.
Jaekus
+957|5171|Sydney
If they're flat that's fine. I'm dubious as to lifting heavy weights with them though as they have an EVA midsole.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5957|London, England

bugz wrote:

You can all say I told you so if I somehow fuck up my ankle/feet.
they wont
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard