Hell no I won't go39%39% - 26
I am indecisive25%25% - 17
Total: 66
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6512|Sammamish, WA
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/battlefield-3/1224909p1.html
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/battlefield-3/1224900p1.html

While I loathe the "premium" features (like priority in server queues) I think would pay for this only if it offered a monetary savings on the five expansion packs they have planned. Otherwise I would refuse on general principle.

Your thoughts? Discuss.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

It does offer monetary savings on the expansion packs. Assuming the remaining are $15 a pop that would save some money. But yeah aside from that, cheesy.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
Fucking godless whores.
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6341|Stealth on Grand Bazaar
This is cuntish behaviour. And I use that word rarely. Just pathetic.
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
priority in server queues?

well i think after the dart gets patched i dont really want to play this game anymore.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6763|Jupiter
TAKE MY MONEY (why no caps? )

Last edited by eusgen (2012-05-31 11:53:02)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439
It's like a DLC preorder with some extra dog tags.

If they marketed it as that and not some "premium service" they'd have the same product without the internet moron backlash.
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6341|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

It's like a DLC preorder with some extra dog tags.

If they marketed it as that and not some "premium service" they'd have the same product without the internet moron backlash.
I might stop playing when they release. I'm tired of this pathetic money grabbing attitude all the while they still haven't fixed the fucking game in the first place.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
in fairness BF2 was no different in that respect
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

JdeFalconr wrote:

... "premium" features (like priority in server queues)
who would pay for and run these servers that you get priority on?

Last edited by Kimmmmmmmmmmmm (2012-05-31 12:42:17)

JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6512|Sammamish, WA

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

JdeFalconr wrote:

... "premium" features (like priority in server queues)
who would pay for and run these servers that you get priority on?
Good question...I'm not sure. I wonder if they would try and do this for all ranked servers or whether it would be an opt-in thing?
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6594|EU

Superior Mind wrote:

Fucking godless whores.
so precisely said
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6624
They haven't really said much regarding what those future DLCs will truly consist of, so there is no guarantee that you will want all of the content that will be released. Some people will buy all of it regardless, so I suppose this is a "good deal"...but if you already have B2K, and no desire to get Close Quarters, then this isn't all that appealing.

I will gladly buy any DLC that looks like it is of quality design, but the generally piss-poor nature of the vanilla BF3 maps (not to mention how small  and console-centered Close Quarters appears to be) means that pre-ordering any of it is just about out of the question. I'm really going to have to see more than teaser trailers before I pay for more content for this game...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Player base is slipping. EA needs to make a quick cash grab. Activision is laughing at them after the D3 release.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

yet some of you paid to see battleship in the theater ... you know you are

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
I voted indecisive.

On one hand, it's essentially a pre-order of all the DLC expansions at once for a slightly discounted price, and some tiny incentive bonuses thrown in, so what's the big deal. You may as well if you're planning on getting them anyway.

On the other hand I don't think DICE can design a good map these days, and Close Quarters isn't what I want in an expansion and already have B2K, so there might not be a lot in the remaining packs that i'd like.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

never giving money to the BF franchise again.  Good work EA.  What a fucking joke.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6298|Australia
I won't be getting it. Maybe if I really liked Bf3 it'd be worth getting for the discounts on the expansions and their early releases but it's like CoD and its mappacks - the game is fun to play, but it's not 'pay an extra $80 for all the content' fun. And with CQ not really grabbing my interest and the future packs being of unknown content and quality I'm not sure I'd end up getting my $80 worth.

Besides, BtK is currently on sale at $11 (down from $23). I might just wait and pick up the expansions some time after their release, if they appeal.

Last edited by Sup3r_Dr4gon (2012-05-31 20:38:08)

Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Well looks like Battlefield finally jumped the shark.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6416|The Land of Scott Walker
Lame
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5007|Massachusetts, USA

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

never giving money to the BF franchise again.  Good work EA.  What a fucking joke.
Pretty much, after BF3. I have vowed never to give them another dime.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida

UnkleRukus wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Then what would you play for a military FPS? 

Arma 3 looks interesting I guess.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

I like how one of the features of BF3 Premium is access to guides and tutorials. BF2s used to push out a ton of those back in the day. Of course small game forums like ours have been wiped out by official game forums and reddit so you don't have the same sort of community you have now.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
I'm still amazed that they just happened to forget to put a tutorial into the game itself.  I know the guy with the monotone voice in BF2 was annoying but at least they bothered to tell people how to play the game.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5007|Massachusetts, USA

Spearhead wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Then what would you play for a military FPS? 

Arma 3 looks interesting I guess.
I think I can find other things to do.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard