Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Adams_BJ wrote:

Why do you want to join the military?
to slaughter hethens and show them the path of christ
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6161|Roma
Because Marines in Hollywood are so fucking cool!!!!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
rdx-fx
+955|6561

Dilbert_X wrote:

[...]the Madrassa-educated one-eyed zealot.
Now you're just talking about your penis...
Cheeky_Ninja06
+52|6702|Cambridge, England
The phrase "dont / you cant judge me" boils my piss. Everybody says it, normally when they are being a tard.
rdx-fx
+955|6561
The phrase "boils my piss" amuses me greatly
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California

Cybargs wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Why do you want to join the military?
to slaughter hethens and show them the path of christ
This obviously...

haha me too rdx
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
No but really, what is "all your reasons"?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I want to serve. I think it's honorable and somebody has to do it. I also feel like it's kind of a debt. I mean seriously, these people are dying for America. I don't want to be the one to go to college and be a business man and some shit. I want to be the guy out there making a (small) difference.

Then there are the less important reasons. I get the hell away from my family. I'm independent, it's a decent job, there are benefits, I can learn a lot, etc.

I just really really want to serve. damnit
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I want to serve. I think it's honorable and somebody has to do it. I also feel like it's kind of a debt. I mean seriously, these people are dying for America. I don't want to be the one to go to college and be a business man and some shit. I want to be the guy out there making a (small) difference.

Then there are the less important reasons. I get the hell away from my family. I'm independent, it's a decent job, there are benefits, I can learn a lot, etc.

i dont really think fighting overseas wars are really "dying for america and freedom and democracy hur dur"
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Adams_BJ

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Why not do a truly honourable thing, save lives for the world, and make a LARGE, REAL difference? Why not go into medicine, humanitarianism, charity, do something for a real cause? Join the National Guard if you have to defend America.

Going overseas and killing people isn't making a difference, it's only honourable if you consider willingly putting yourself in danger and shooting back at some people is honourable, and no, somebody doesn't have to do it.

At the end of the day you do what you want though, but I just feel like you are overvaluing why you would join the defence force. I was like you 5 years ago. Mad respect for those who have served in defence of their country, but the US isn't really defending so much as oppressing.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Adams_BJ wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Why not do a truly honourable thing, save lives for the world, and make a LARGE, REAL difference? Why not go into medicine, humanitarianism, charity, do something for a real cause? Join the National Guard if you have to defend America.

Going overseas and killing people isn't making a difference, it's only honourable if you consider willingly putting yourself in danger and shooting back at some people is honourable, and no, somebody doesn't have to do it.

At the end of the day you do what you want though, but I just feel like you are overvaluing why you would join the defence force. I was like you 5 years ago. Mad respect for those who have served in defence of their country, but the US isn't really defending so much as oppressing.
you must be a freedom hater
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Not even an American
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia
what does being american have to do with freedom again?
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6161|Roma
Only Americans know what freedom is like, derp
They think their freedom is so good everyone should have some of it.

Last edited by PrivateVendetta (2012-05-30 01:56:00)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

Adams_BJ wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Sitting in a camp collecting workfare, or killing people who have not attacked America or its interests - I don't see how that is 'serving'.

I don't believe thats his 'reason', he's played too many videogames and wants to be 'badass'.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Only Americans know what freedom is like, derp
They think their freedom is so good everyone should have some of it.
Our freedom is highly overrated.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6161|Roma
It's better than the freedom in Iran though. Got to admit.
Adams_BJ
actually from what I've seen/heard from friends that have traveled there, it's not nearly as bad as the media makes it out to be. They could walk around in shorts and T-shirts, and saw many locals that were doing the same, and they say the culture is simply amazing.
13rin
+977|6449
Sweet.  You get to walk around in short and T-shirts???? 

@rukus...

Tell that to any North Korean.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
i'll admit i joined the army because i'd seen too many war films and i was into the whole patriotism thing back then (still haven't bothered to change my av).

Unfortunately I grew up a little too late. I don't regret it though, it made me a much stronger person. That's about it though.
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5948|Blue Mountain State

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I get the hell away from my family. I'm independent, it's a decent job, there are benefits, I can learn a lot, etc.
That's why I joined.

Playing with cool weapons and killing people was just an added bonus.
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6340|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

mtb0minime wrote:

Extramarital affair - Against. Even if they're not married, still against.
Doesn't that equate to just sexual relations? If they aren't married why be against sleeping with eachother???
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
its a sin, obviously
mikkel
+383|6571

13rin wrote:

Tell that to any North Korean.
Stop that. Any person dying of thirst would kill for a bottle of Fresca. Fresca still fucking sucks.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I get the hell away from my family. I'm independent, it's a decent job, there are benefits, I can learn a lot, etc.
That's why I joined.

Playing with cool weapons and killing people was just an added bonus.

Anyways I take my ASVAB tomorrow. Got 74 on the practice test last year when I was actually considering joining the Army. Glad I waited and decided to go with the Corps. I've done a lot of studying since so I'm sure I'll get a better score.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard