Evil_Apu
+40|6576|Denmark
omg.. 1 they made it alot more easy to get expert & veterans.
AND now only need all veteran for become a liet. General??

why only all vet? Why not all experts?
they already made em easyer, so it was ''posseble'' to get expert.
But now it is a need to only have all veteran? THATS DAMIT SILLY

BF2 is very disapointing right now.
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6683|The Netherlands
Very simple: EA wants EVERYONE to get the medals and badges, so they feel they finished BF2. That way people can step onto BF2142 easier, that's it.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6620|UK

=TH=[Eleanor]-NL- wrote:

Very simple: EA wants EVERYONE to get the medals and badges, so they feel they finished BF2. That way people can step onto BF2142 easier, that's it.
exactly
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6591|Cheshire. UK
Its been said in other threads....but

...the quicker you get all the awards

...the quicker you get bored playing BF2

...the quicker you will be to buy BF2142 when it comes out

...EA Logic
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6731|The Hague, Netherlands

And then.....people will buy 2142 wich is extra money for EA
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Evil_Apu
+40|6576|Denmark
something I aint understand here..

what is about 2142 special?
and whats it have to do with the BF2 rank?

:S
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6620|UK

Evil_Apu wrote:

Nothing about 2142 is 'so special'

What it has to do with the ranks is - if they make it easier: more people get there, more people get bored, more people play bf2142 when it comes out
The ODM
+4|6773|Holland
It's special because it's a new game from EA they need to sell. If BF2 is still popular, less people will buy/play 2142. When you already have the ranks, you're more likely to quit BF2.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6736|Malaga, España
Yep, and mark my words BF2142 is going to be the same as BF2

-Lot of bugs
-lot of patches
-Whiners grabs EA by the balls
-Nerffffffffffffff
-3 - 4 booster packs
-new game of BF is going to come out, lets make the ranks n00blike

EA you fucked up the Game that the creators of BF1942 started! (the original BF2 creaters left Is what i heards somewhere in a topic)
THANKS a lot
tip700
+9|6617
dont forget the new requirement is 1020 hours+. Now i dont know whos ass your pulling these comments out of but if everybody who plays bf2 is going to "easily" achieve that then i guess you can believe anything.
[LdB:MaxX]
Noobs: For Dummies
+2|6541

=TH=[Eleanor]-NL- wrote:

Hit the nail on the head, its preperation for BF:2142
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6732|Omaha, Nebraska
BF2142 looks to be the same engine. So you think the red bug will be fixed in that? I doubt it.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6674|Disaster Free Zone
never really Iike futuristic games (starcraft/UT are exceptions). But the way EA has handled BF2 and especially the latest patch i will never be 'buying' another EA game in my life. they have failed meeting what most people want (or wanted left the same), and have created another bug filled patch filled with unwanted and stupid changes. I really couldn't give a shit how good BF2142 looks (and personally i don't like the look of it), EA will most likely rip the public off again with BS booster packs, fail to test or remove bugs and then after a year fuck the whole thing up again.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2006-05-24 09:42:55)

Avarice
+41|6565|London, UK
Seems like a good place to post this:

I've been thinking (run while you can!) and if BF2142 runs BF2's engine, can't someone just create a BF2142 mod for BF2? If not can someone please explain why? I'm excluding copyright and all the legal stuff btw, this is a hypothetical question
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6736|Malaga, España
Well...
I suspect EA from copyin the game Quake wars

EA Employee: Woooow...look at thise boss....quake wars...this is going to be vewwy vewwy good.
Boss: HELL YEAH!!! can you create something similars?
EA Employee: ofcourse we can but we are still stucking with BF2 and the players that want the awards.
Boss: Player who..ow Those complaining-about-not-fixed-problems fokes....Lower the Requirements of all the awards, so they get bored and will buy BF2141.
Employee: Ok...after a week hard work its done used the same BF2 engine just changed the skins and added some nice vehicules to uses...but the coding is the SAME as BF2
EA: WOOOW ! look great! quake Wars is nothing compared to our 1337 BF game of the future.
*BF2 gamer runs into the office Naked with an ''Fuck EA, Quake Wars will pwn you!'' Tattoo on his Ass*
Employee+Boss: ZOMG!WTF HAX!!!!
Employee: Shall i Reset his stats?
Boss:YES!!!! that will make him kneel to buy our BF2141

Sighs....sorry i,m just too bored at work now...lol
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6745

*ToRRo*cT| wrote:

Well...

EA Employee: Woooow...look at thise boss....quake wars...this is going to be vewwy vewwy good.
EA Employee: ofcourse we can but we are still stucking with BF2 and the players that want the awards.
Boss: Player who..ow Those complaining-about-not-fixed-problems fokes....Lower the Requirements of all the awards, so they get bored and will buy BF2141.
Employee: Ok...after a week hard work its done used the same BF2 engine just changed the skins and added some nice vehicules to uses...but the coding is the SAME as BF2
EA: WOOOW ! look great! quake Wars is nothing compared to our 1337 BF game of the future.
*BF2 gamer runs into the office Naked with an ''Fuck EA, Quake Wars will pwn you!'' Tattoo on his Ass*

Wow...

dr.847713f!31d
niomosy
+26|6682

Evil_Apu wrote:

It's EA's latest way to make money.

With everyone maxing out their BF2 ranks and awards, EA hopes there's less reason to continue playing BF2 such that everyone just migrates to BF:2142 where they may start whoring new awards and ranks.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6826

*ToRRo*cT| wrote:

Well...

HAH!
You got it backwards, bud.
Quake wars is such a copy off of the BF2 gameplay. Just watch some of the videos...
LT.Victim
+1,175|6555|British Columbia, Canada
I'm new to the BF2 Scene, But did they do this to BF1942 and Vietnam?
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6826

LT.Victim wrote:

I'm new to the BF2 Scene, But did they do this to BF1942 and Vietnam?
There were no ranks in BF1942 and Vietnam. It was just good clean competitive fun. you were known for your skills, not your awards.

*SIGH* the good old days.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6623|Washington, DC

BF1942 and BF:V never had ranking... so no. BF:V did kind of get abandoned after a few patches though.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6735|London

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

*ToRRo*cT| wrote:

Well...

HAH!
You got it backwards, bud.
Quake wars is such a copy off of the BF2 gameplay. Just watch some of the videos...
I dont care if quake wars copied BF2, as long as they dont fuck it up as much as EA with all the changes a year after the games come out, and all the bugs and shit.

If quake wars copied or not it makes no difference to the players.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6645
I do admit to quite liking current day fps, there's the aspect that the guns you're firing etc actually exist rather than some fictional gun that looks a bit ridiculous.

Sure, i'm interested in 2142 for stuff like the cloaking/stealth field thing which will give us snipers a field day.

But I enjoy stuff like BF2, Operation Flashpoint etc. It's more interesting for me.
Evil_Apu
+40|6576|Denmark
ya i see..

well here how I understand it;

EA is boring up the people, for getting some more money in the ass
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6703

=TH=[Eleanor]-NL- wrote:

That is probably the best reson i have heard for the stats lowering regs.

i think EA are getting to be a joke, i wont buy 2142 and beta test it for them until they decide they cant fix it and then bring out another game where everyone is invisible and has mind powers so that they can kill each other just by looking at them, maybe a bit more noob friendly.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard