Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

My job isn't great but it allows me to be an insufferable know-it-all. More-so than usual I mean.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Eifa
Never regret anything that ever made you smile.
+923|5862|00770
my job could be better.. don't love it, or hate it, but if i'd get to choose i wouldn't be working here.
may be the reason why i applied for school..
No, I don't need an attitude adjustment. You just need to fuck off.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4959|Dundee, Scotland.

Ultrafunkula wrote:

What does a proper cover letter look like and what stuff should I put innit? Never made one and now Accenture is asking one from me.
Accenture are a bunch of massive cunts.

Here's why.

I applied for an apprenticeship in Customer Service/Tech Support with BT (Telecomms company in UK). They accepted my application, invited me to an assessment center. I went in, kicked ass in the interview (Seriously fucking nailed it), passed both the English and Maths assessments, and felt great about it.

The day after (4th May), I got a call from the HR Manager, offering me the job. I said "yes! Thank you! That's great!" She said that they would go and draw up a contract for me to sign and will be in touch. So I went away and wrote up a letter to my boss to give her my 4 weeks notice, then handed it in that night when I went to work.

Fast forward two weeks (18th May), and I get a call from BT. It's the HR Manager. She tells me that I can't have the job that they've offered to me and I've accepted, because apparently my maths grade isn't good enough. I tell her the situation, I've handed in my notice, you already offered me the job which I accepted, I live in a flat etc etc.

She said she would go and speak to Accenture (who train the apprentices) and plead with them.

The Monday after that weekend I get a call from her saying "Yeah they won't budge. You won't be getting this job at all."

So now I'm left in a position where I should have started my new job today, but instead of that, I'm unemployed as of Friday at 10pm.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6182|Roma
fuuuuccckkk.
Well moral of the story, don't do anything without written proof.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum
thats intensely shit camm, you could probably take some degree of action on that, whether it be through BT or the assessment people.

on slightly happier news i just fucking nailed the interview. two middle-aged women doing it, totally buttered them up in a non-condescending way (opened doors, smiles, gentle hand shakes, please+thankyou and everything). did my research into all the shit around cheshire, threw in examples + figures when relevant and made them write fucking tons of notes, which i think is a good sign.

so yeah i'll find out tomorrow so here's hoping the other 9 interviewees were mongoloids!

now sat in hammock with a nice jamesons+ice and playing annoying music for the chavs a few doors down
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6563

that's poo camm

that's not poo teds

good luck both eh
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6182|Roma
ts do you actually have a job outside of dealing drugs?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum
some light pimpin' on the side
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6563

yeah... drugs, pimping, stolen cars and stuff
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6465|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Camm wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

What does a proper cover letter look like and what stuff should I put innit? Never made one and now Accenture is asking one from me.

Here's why.

I applied for an apprenticeship in Customer Service/Tech Support with BT (Telecomms company in UK). They accepted my application, invited me to an assessment center. I went in, kicked ass in the interview (Seriously fucking nailed it), passed both the English and Maths assessments, and felt great about it.

The day after (4th May), I got a call from the HR Manager, offering me the job. I said "yes! Thank you! That's great!" She said that they would go and draw up a contract for me to sign and will be in touch. So I went away and wrote up a letter to my boss to give her my 4 weeks notice, then handed it in that night when I went to work.

Fast forward two weeks (18th May), and I get a call from BT. It's the HR Manager. She tells me that I can't have the job that they've offered to me and I've accepted, because apparently my maths grade isn't good enough. I tell her the situation, I've handed in my notice, you already offered me the job which I accepted, I live in a flat etc etc.

She said she would go and speak to Accenture (who train the apprentices) and plead with them.

The Monday after that weekend I get a call from her saying "Yeah they won't budge. You won't be getting this job at all."

So now I'm left in a position where I should have started my new job today, but instead of that, I'm unemployed as of Friday at 10pm.
Well that's fucked up Probably won't end up even there anyways. Got an interview on thursday for another IT gig. Just got an email from a recruiting company thru Monster wanting my CV. And adding to that I'm applying for a 6 month schooling thingy that will end in being hired for a consulting job. Not bad for a monday

And yayteds!

And also I keep getting Data Center job offerings from Reading and Michigan. Bah.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6549|Hungary
I love my job!
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6684
My job is awesome and I get to work with scientists and do science. But it ends after july.
Ultrafunkula

Superior Mind wrote:

My job is awesome and I get to work with scientists and do science. But it ends after july.
Please don't open that wormhole on Manhattan

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Please don't open that wormhole on Manhattan
in a labor atory?? https://jmize.bgm.iowapages.org/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/dexter-lab-science.jpg
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4833|Amsterdam

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Camm wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Here's why.

Well that's fucked up Probably won't end up even there anyways. Got an interview on thursday for another IT gig. Just got an email from a recruiting company thru Monster wanting my CV. And adding to that I'm applying for a 6 month schooling thingy that will end in being hired for a consulting job. Not bad for a monday

And yayteds!

And also I keep getting Data Center job offerings from Reading and Michigan. Bah.
Ive been fucked over at every single job move ive tried to make.
Welcome to the real world
Ultrafunkula

Kampframmer wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Camm wrote:

Here's why.

And yayteds!

Ive been fucked over at every single job move ive tried to make.
Welcome to the real world
Tough luck. I haven't. You can keep your real world.
jord
+2,382|6669|The North, beyond the wall.

jord wrote:

i hate my job, what of it?
Today there was a notice up saying we can wear shorts now.

I now hate my job marginally less than yesterday.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6182|Roma
We can wear open neck shirts with no ties when it's +22 degrees
jord
+2,382|6669|The North, beyond the wall.
Summer clothing concessions are enjoyable arent they.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6662|UK
i can work in my underwear

(from home, which i do quite a lot)
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6614|Little Bentcock
I couldn't work from home, too many distractions.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5779|Catherine Black
m3thod what would happen if you went in to work suited up then stripped off to your underwear in your office and started working
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum
grrrrr came 2nd to some bint who got moved from another department

on the plus side they asked if i can temp for a few months (est 30hrs p/w) with a strong possibility of full-time after that, so yeah i've got a job \o/
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6563

oooh teddy teddy

nice one m8o
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum
well 1st would have been better so i don't have the uncertainty on a full-time but i've got 2 months to find out who she is and have her exploded so nbd
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard