FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
so yeah i'll kick this off

i've got an interview for a tourism position in cheshire (lol who comes to cheshire) next week, and i'd like some tips. my cv/quals are better than needed and relevant for the job, i <3 suits and i'm looking pretty respectable atm, and i've done my research on the job + what it entails, but i still feel slightly nervous.

anyone got any experience in local/regional government?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
lie through your teeth

e: including the fake ones

Last edited by m3thod (2012-05-26 16:44:19)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
Fake it till you make it
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

m3thod wrote:

lie through your teeth

e: including the fake ones
you have more for me

my mum probably owned you you bitch
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto
I've worked with the regional government in my area for a few summers now, and have at least some insight as to how the hiring process works. Hopefully it is applicable to Euroland.

They have a set number of questions that each candidate will be expected to answer. There will be no open-ended "tell me about yourself" questions. Depending on the job, most questions will revolve around soft-skills and will not be fact based, although any ability to show an understanding of how the position/department functions is a bonus. I suggest that when they ask "do you have any questions for us?" that you try and throw in a few questions very specific to the position you are applying for to show you know more than the next guy.

The trickiest thing about government interviews is that not only do they only ask stock questions, but they also expect stock answers in order to keep things fair. This means you will quite literally be taking a test to see how many of their points you can hit. The tip here is to cover many bases poorly, and not one base in depth. If you come close, you get the check-mark.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
Nerves are pretty normal. Just go in there and be pleasant, positive and answer their questions in the best light you can.

But you know this already.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

Jaekus wrote:

Nerves are pretty normal. Just go in there and be pleasant, positive and answer their questions in the best light you can.

But you know this already.
it is quite strange, i know the shit i'm going to be talking about (it's all human geog 2.0 for the local area and i'm shit-hot at geography), i'm well-spoken and i look sexy in a suit or half-suit, but i'm still scared :C
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
Don't let it get to you, nerves are completely normal. It shows you care about the job.

If it's bothering you, imagine you are a battery and the nerves are energy, charging you up. Little trick I learned from someone who did a lot of theatre. It can help take the edge off. Try to empty your mind of all trivialities to help you gain better focus. And remember to breathe.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
anyone got any experience in local/regional government?
Pretend/admit you're lesbian.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California
Applying for DIAL next month. the guy there is cool and needs a lot of employees and my friend is recommending me so I should be able to get the job. $1500 a month is ok.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

wtf teds mate. i thought you went to uni?

why are you getting such a lob level job?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
CC-Marley
+407|6798
I hate my job, mostly. Fucking busy tonight though with a great band. Ass everywhere. I made $430 cash. Still hate it though, mostly.. And to top it off I watched about a total of 3 minutes of the Celts and Sox games...
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
Why do you mostly hate your job?
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6311|Atlanta, Georgia
I love my job

https://i.imgur.com/a5tjQ.jpg
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam
I have a job everyone hates, but I love it.

Teds, pic of you in suit ASAP. Your wild claims of being sexy in one have not managed to get me convinced
Also: Lie (little wwhite lies or cover-ups to make you look better), simple questions demand a simple answer and look your absolute best.

Last edited by Kampframmer (2012-05-27 05:59:00)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California

NeXuS wrote:

I love my job

I hear EMT is a really high stress job with over 50% of the workers getting burnout. What do you think?
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6161|Roma
What if you like  your job?
Can we gloat?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6161|Roma
Although was on duty for 11hours 50mins today. I hate my job.

J/K!!!! lol XD
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
i hate my job, what of it?
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

What does a proper cover letter look like and what stuff should I put innit? Never made one and now Accenture is asking one from me.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
don't go in drunk
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6528|Hungary
In a cover letter you mostly write in everything what you think about the job.

What do you think about that position?
Why did you applied for it?
Why do you think you are the best choice on that position?
Why are you better then other people (write about your skills)?
What are your future plans with that job?
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
Ah, Mr Funkula, why did you applied for this job?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK

Ultrafunkula wrote:

What does a proper cover letter look like and what stuff should I put innit? Never made one and now Accenture is asking one from me.
google cover letter and rip one off.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6311|Atlanta, Georgia

-Sh1fty- wrote:

NeXuS wrote:

I love my job

I hear EMT is a really high stress job with over 50% of the workers getting burnout. What do you think?
Yes, burnout is VERY common and it can hit really fast. Some EMT's work 24 on 48 off such as I do with my local fire department. I have a second job working with another EMT company where I work on average 10-15 hour days. It doesn't bug me at the moment but I know it will after a little while of doing this. So it's just a matter of time.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard