Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6340|Stealth on Grand Bazaar
Today blows.

Not only do I have my own team shooting at me when I flank the enemy and come back round after wiping them but the lack of revives, the lack of thought, the lack of any intelligence leads me to presume this: generally people are so blindingly moronic that they probably have trouble opening the door in the morning. I've seen toddlers with more ability, dogs with more knowledge and benches with more durability.

People are completely worthless on this game. If you ever try to play alone, don't expect anything but a big fat space inbetween the words FPS Tactifucking Game. It's filled with 1000's of people who are retarded.

What do you think the average player IQ is? I'm putting it below 50. Or as Brick Tamland of Anchorman would have it 'MENTALLY RETARDED':

Last edited by Collateralis (2012-05-15 05:52:48)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6643|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I play on PS3, or at least try to, trouble is I still cant see how I connect the pad to the PS3, you would of though SONY would of included all the bits and bobs in the box eh?
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State
lol.

people in games are retarded.

the sky is blue.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

BF3 doesn't have any room for tactics or higher intelligence, I'm afraid.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria
I think the 3D spotting has degraded players' intelligence.
All the silly morons are simply running towards any red icons they see in front of them, and only look out for red triangles to shoot at.
That way, they're completely losing their awareness and do the most stupid things.

Even I tend to do this at times, trying to land a hit on some spotted enemy with his red triangle, rather than turning around and seeing where all those bullets come from that are flying around everywhere.
Chou
+737|6761

globefish23 wrote:

All the silly morons are simply running towards any red icons they see in front of them, and only look out for red triangles to shoot at.
That way, they're completely losing their awareness and do the most stupid things.

Even I tend to do this at times, trying to land a hit on some spotted enemy with his red triangle, rather than turning around and seeing where all those bullets come from that are flying around everywhere.
That's why I'm running my own server with all these HUD settings disabled, this is an FPS, not a goddamn space ship.
Retards join and leave within 1 minute, life is great.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

Chou wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

That's why I'm running my own server with all these HUD settings disabled, this is an FPS, not a goddamn space ship.
Retards join and leave within 1 minute, life is great.
situational awareness is a skill most FPS these days have degraded

hell, even cod requires more situational awareness because the little red blips show up on your minimap not on your fucking screen.

BF2142 had 3D spotting that made sense since you were future soldiers and it was squad linked and shit, unlike this BF3 crap.

(though to be honest CS:GO did have a sort of 3D spotting problem with names showing up too fasted when you moused over someone)
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6769|Long Beach, CA
My entire FPS skill is based on situational awareness.   On average most people are clueless. 

It is the subtle things like capping a flag as a group and then the entire group just leaves and fails to notice the flag is still blinking because an enemy is hiding on cap range....I can sniff them out while the other guys just obliviously move to the next flag.  Or be getting sniped at and I can see the bullet tracer to find him while most people will run around with their head cut off.

Awareness or actually the lack there of is the on thing that irritates me most about teammates.
Ptfo
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5654|SQUID
I play on PS3. It's like they give chimps controllers.
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5451

mtb0minime wrote:

BF3 doesn't have any room for tactics or higher intelligence, I'm afraid.
Pretty much this.
-Try to revive, no commander spotting or placing UAV, get shot in the back with low TTK weapon, dead next to buddy
-Vehicle disabled at 50% health, cant move to cover, fuck it, abandon ship, its bleeding out
-Want to coordinate with randoms, no VOIP... Mega massive FAIL!!
-Try to flank, impossible in a tunnel
-Try to dogfight, cant check my six, no physics, WTF?
-Who needs a medic? Just hide for a few seconds and heal back like Wolverine.
-Who needs an engineer? Vehicle can still move, run away and then I just wait it to self repair.
-Time to fly a chopper... Where the fuck I am I being locked from?! Its coming from everywhere.
-Who needs to aim? I just lock onto the tank/jeep/APC/jet/chopper/mobile AA with my javelin/chopper guided missile/APC guided missile/jet laser guided missile/tank guided shell/CITV station/SOFLAM/IGLA/Stinger/laser painter/mobile AA, then Ill cry for nerf and buffs because I cant kill everything by myself camping on a mountain side with them.
-Want to use selective fire, full auto more effective at all ranges
-Want to go for objective, no commander providing intel, not fun to get shot in the back by a camper due to lack of ability to plan route

This game is bad for team play and tactics by design. Its not really the players. This game promotes K/D and unlocks more than anything else. Who cares about winning or losing? Hell sometimes Ill join a game just to load into a screen that says my team lost. I don't even see the point in having a team when I play this game. Its just me and whatever random enemy I encounter. I just randomly move about the map, never following or leading anyone completely clueless as to anything other than what is directly in front of me, unless Im camping with a shotgun near my TUGS or MAV. The only place you will find any teamwork or tactics in BF3 is in the CoOp missions, which most people only play for the unlocks.

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2012-05-22 18:31:45)

globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

-Vehicle disabled at 50% health
Hasn't that been lowered to something like 32%?
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA

globefish23 wrote:

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

For aircraft, i think tanks are around 40%
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Collateralis
Beep bep.

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

Who cares about winning or losing? Hell sometimes Ill join a game just to load into a screen that says my team lost. I don't even see the point in having a team when I play this game. Its just me and whatever random enemy I encounter.
You know, I've played nearly 370 hours on this game and the amount of times I used to join in (because BL never used to show ticket ratios etc because its designed by chimps and retards) and go straight to TEAM LOST. Or be auto TEAM SWITCHED to a losing team with >50 ticks for no reason and imbalance the teams, but unable to switch back. I have a healthy W/L even so and frankly I can thank myself really for that. It seems I'm often the only one on a server thinking where the enemy is going to head rather than just swarming around the map like morons and getting wiped out by some sniper sitting on the edge of the FUCKING WORLD thinking hes a G-man. Not only is this game conceptually fucked but the average people who populate it add to this dynamic by proving ignorant to just about anything.

Also just played 64 man metro. I have never been so bored or dazed by the constant suppression of grenades, M320's, RPG's and general spray of the entire enemy team. How can anyone possible enjoy sitting constantly suppressed, unable to see, having to quickly snap shot if you wanna stay alive
-MetaL*
Sup guies
+157|5604|Southern California
Someone joins your tank as gunner and won't stop shooting at nothing giving away your position and you both get killed.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
yep. the amount of times i've been going somewhere in a humvee and some mong starts spraying at some heli across the map, and he swings around and fucks us up

i could cry :C
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
i remember that guy when we were attacking on dama with that really shit team, we got their heli and he jumps in. its a vehicle that could've turned the tide of that round in the right hands and he just flys around really badly for 30 seconds and dies whilst i spam for him to hit f3. i gave that guy so much shit and killed him so many times the next few rounds.
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5451

globefish23 wrote:

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

It wouldn't matter if they lowered it to 5%. The first rule of any run and gun is "you stand still, you die" as soon as I think I have a better chance fighting as infantry I'm going to bail. A disabled vehicle is a sitting duck. Once it cannot move its worthless, even at 99% health. Staying in it is just asking to be finished off.

Just imagine for a moment how unpleasant infantry combat would be if your player could barely walk at 32% and began to bleed out health. If there were no vehicle disable or bleed out players would risk being finished off to try and save their vehicle. Disable lowers the overall value of vehicles.

I also do not support health regen for any player or vehicle. This a anti-teamwork IMO.

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2012-05-23 15:25:17)

Collateralis
Beep bep.

jord wrote:

i remember that guy when we were attacking on dama with that really shit team, we got their heli and he jumps in. its a vehicle that could've turned the tide of that round in the right hands and he just flys around really badly for 30 seconds and dies whilst i spam for him to hit f3. i gave that guy so much shit and killed him so many times the next few rounds.
Do you mean to say you team swapped! OH MY GAWD! I've now taken to team swapping to a winning team if a) I don't get revived even with meds close to me b) I generally deem my team to be retards and c) when I join the game and we are capped out. Unless I'm with a mate I never bother to try to play on a shit team. Maybe I've become elitist. Frankly I am better than 99% of BF3 players. Thats all.

-MetaL* wrote:

Someone joins your tank as gunner and won't stop shooting at nothing giving away your position and you both get killed
Standard.

Last edited by Collateralis (2012-05-25 09:07:13)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
i team-swap all the time

bitches don't know bout my >3 w/l
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5654|SQUID
shameless team swapper here makes dart even better