heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6358|New York
This may be considered old, considering as it was originally on Reddit, then noted on MP1ST, but I figured might be an interesting read for those that haven't seen it yet. I personally had no idea that the hack actually injects code into the game as it launches.

http://mp1st.com/2012/05/07/battlefield … g-numbers/

-Start post-

When I’m legitimate (not hacking) I’m a ~400 SPM player, an active member of the reddit forums, and everything I’m about to write is absolutely true.

We’ve all met hackers in game. However, an IRL friend I know plays online games only to hack them. He introduced me to a relatively cheap, fairly well known and undetectable BF3 hack.

I noted it’s existence, but didn’t use it, or think much about it – until one day a few months ago.

I was on caspian, and a opposing sniper was clearly hacking. On a short ticket server he was 100-4 or so and was able to kill me across the map with impossible shots.

I was infuriated, and in a bad mood. I cracked. I went to the hack website my friend had shown me, bought the hack, and over the course of a few days learned to use it.

Here’s the information I think the community at large ought to know.

The hack works by injecting some code into the game as it launches. As such, no files on your computer are altered in any way. I don’t have a mass of technical knowledge, but I know this keeps PB and DICE/EA from being able to detect it. The executable for the hack doesn’t even exist on your computer: You use a java applet to log in, and it loads it directly into memory and you launch the game afterwards.

The hack’s capabilities are immense, and highly configurable. There are so many options. The most notable ones are:

I can see the entire enemy team on the map, spotted, with ranges – all the time.
    I can see who is aiming at me at any time, and the QUALITY of that aiming. (Remember this, I’ll get to it’s importance later)
    I can set the hack to aim-bot on the push of a button, or all the time – or none. I can also set it to fire for me – but only when my crosshair is over a space that will result in a kill.
    I can set the hack key-binds, to toggle any option In the hack.
    I can choose head, body, foot, or variable shots, as well as no spread.
    I can set the hack so that ANY amount of damage kills a player (no matter where the bullet hits)
    I can set the hack to spot all members of the enemy team every so often, for the benefit of my entire team (spothacking).
    Finally, I can kill the entire other team with a touch of a button.

They update the hack constantly. It only takes hours between a patch and a new injectible updated version.

The aim-bot specifically is extremely customizable: It can be set to only force aim at slow or fast or any speed in between on button press: It can snap to the closest enemy, or the one I have closest to my crosshair.

There are many more options, including being able to FULLY customize the weapons (including vehicles) and others. Also – you can customize it so that all this information is invisible. None of this shows up on the PB screenshots.

So after I got my hack all set up, I found the hacker, and went into his server, and began killing the shit out of him.

At first, I just murdered everyone on my way to him, but once I became more skilled with the hack, I just used the 3-d and 2-d radars, along with the feature that showed me who was looking in my direction, to avoid the enemy team, and just kill the hacker.

He rage-quit pretty quick. This lead to my next finding, as I turned on the hack when I suspected someone of hacking.

There are many, many more people using some feature or form of this hack(or a similar one) on almost every server than I thought possible.

What I mean by that Is I found that on nearly every 64 man server, during the course of a two round span, it’s almost a certainty that someone is hacking – and most times more.

Here’s how I was able to know (not surmise) that people were hacking.

The hack can be set so that when you aim near someone (whether you have line of sight or not), it will show you how close they are aiming to you – in a percentage.

100% means that they are aiming at you, perfectly. Running around, watching people, I could instantly see some issues.

As you would imagine, holding a 100% aim on a moving target is nearly impossible. But I found people, time and again, who, once they ‘took notice’ of me – Could hold that 100% as long as they wanted.

In other words, they were seeing me (in many cases across the map from spawn, through buildings and the like) as soon as I spawned – and they had me dialed in, even as I ran, and changed directions.

They were using their own hack to hold an aim on my head, as they got into range/line of sight.

But furthermore, I started to notice something with lots of the vehicles and aircraft: plenty of those would be flying around, but as soon as they got anywhere near me, the aim percentage would go from 0% straight to 100% – and not release until they had fired all their rockets/guns/etc.

This also revealed very excellent players in some cases being accused of hacking, weren’t hacking. You could detect in the aim if it was ‘human’ or not. These cases, while fairly rare, did exist.

Another clear way to tell is if someone was using the hack, is if I could sneak up on someone. Amazing players can be surprised, if you have the advantage of knowing where their entire team is, and what direction they are running and looking, at least some of the time. Hackers using the radar functions cannot be surprised. It was a dead giveaway

I did this for a month, before I removed my subscription to the hack, worrying that I would be stat-wiped, or banned.

But during the month, I did a lot of looking into the profiles and statistics of the people I found to be hacking beyond a shadow of a doubt, and I reported a boatload of profiles (to nearly no avail) .

Here’s what I’ve found- (and mind you , this is a month of playing, I found maybe 100 people that were clearly and undeniably hacking for the above stated reasons). Take this with a grain of salt, sample sizes and unscientific record keeping means these numbers could be 10-20% (maybe even more?) off.

My anecdotal evidence is that between 1 in 30 to 1 in 60 players on big ticket servers are hacking. Also, many high SPM players (over 700-900) with low time on bases etc. are often hacking imo.

The vast majority of hackers aren’t using most features of their respective hacks, the most popular hack I saw was the ‘radar’ or spothack. Aimbots are the second most popular – especially among snipers and engineers.
    Moreover, almost all hackers are ‘closet’ hackers. They aren’t obvious. Also, I would call these people out, and almost universally they would turn it off instantly. (example, I find a hacker, call him one over chat, and he would call me a noob, or insult me. But after that, the hack in most cases would be disengaged – and often the person would leave the next round.)
    Most people using hacks, once they turn them off, are no good. In fact, a reasonably good person (250~ spm or above) , given this hack, is absolutely unstoppable. I could easily go into a 64 man server, and have a KDR of 20-1 or more in that round, against even insanely good players.
    Metro is a massive hotbed for hackers, as well as 64 man instant vehicle servers.

I’m doing this because I want to convey to all of you the scope of the issue we face.

-End Post-
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
lol.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6762|Jupiter
I don't notice hackers all that much.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

eusgen wrote:

I don't notice hackers all that much.
That's the point. More people do it than you think. Apparently.

I should start hacking. It'd bring some fun back into the game.
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Superior Mind wrote:

lol.
What's even funnier is this guy did this for an entire month.
i feel sorry for the admins that spend time looking for these guys during the game.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
It's funny that the hack that's undetectable by punkbuster is instantly detectable by the hack.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5723|Roma
Are people seriously that surprised that there are a lot of hackers in an fps multiplayer game?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

It's funny that the hack that's undetectable by punkbuster is instantly detectable by the hack.
, but yeah
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
DICE should just ban everyone from the game. No more hackers that way.
how long till punkbuster implements this macho nacho into the SYSTEM?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Literally.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Literally.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

like being mad at gays, so you become gay
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
IndianScout
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6340|Stealth on Grand Bazaar
Well that was obvious.
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6769|Long Beach, CA
I read this on the EA forums. 

It really is great insight. I can usually detect a hacker or 2 from time to time and I am not talking about the blatant ones.  Just need spectate and battlerecorder so admins can do the work PB can't.
Ptfo
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Did this guy post a video?

Pics or it didn't etc
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Did this guy post a video?

Pics or it didn't etc
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6623
There were links to pics added to the reddit post. They showed the whole "Player X: __ % aim accuracy" that he described using to determine who else was aimbotting.

Youtube videos of the hacks have also been shown, but I hadn't known of the ability to see other players' aim quality until this was posted.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
Meh.
I'll still play (hack-less)
I'll still suck
I'll still have fun.
It is what it is.
Chou
+737|6761
But during the month, I did a lot of looking into the profiles and statistics of the people I found to be hacking beyond a shadow of a doubt, and I reported a boatload of profiles (to nearly no avail)
Someone needs to give this guy a fucking fields medal after all the hard work he's done.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California
That's why xbox 360 is awesome

jk...24 player games fml
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
iceman785
+93|6642|Alaska, mother fucker.
DICE should jsut load the hack into PB, problem solved.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

iceman785 wrote:

DICE should jsut load the hack into PB, problem solved.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

I'd love it if this guy got banned for hacking.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard