Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England
I appreciate the above posts.

Political activism from children still makes my skin crawl, that's not going to change, but if it was wholly voluntary on the part of the kids, so be it. I can admit when I'm wrong, and equating voluntary association with a politically active camp, to Hitlers forced indoctrination was massively incorrect.

As for a two party system being at all to blame... nah, it has more to do with living in a city that historically makes Italian politicians look like incorruptible saints.

Boy Scouts was an apt analogy dilbert
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

War Man wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

How can somebody kill that many young kids, let alone even one? That's so messed up.
Welcome to Earth
Welcome ta Earf. - Wil Smith

Don't think this sort of camp is evil. And if you do, you're trying to justify the massacre that took place there.
No, my opinion of the camp is completely separate from the massacre. I in no way shape or form was advocating violence.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

Nice backtrack
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4960|Dundee, Scotland.
I really don't know what to say. Jay... honestly... what the hell
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462

Jay wrote:

I appreciate the above posts.

Political activism from children still makes my skin crawl, that's not going to change, but if it was wholly voluntary on the part of the kids, so be it. I can admit when I'm wrong, and equating voluntary association with a politically active camp, to Hitlers forced indoctrination was massively incorrect.

As for a two party system being at all to blame... nah, it has more to do with living in a city that historically makes Italian politicians look like incorruptible saints.

Boy Scouts was an apt analogy dilbert
i said boy scouts about 2 pages ago but i guess you didn't want to listen to me telling you you're wrong.

i also asked you if, when jenspm arrives and corrects you with the definitive norwegian answer, would you accept me telling you you're wrong?

is it no longer a point of "interpretation", then? no longer a book or movie that i'm elitist about all day?

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6283|Washington St.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-574 … ked-teens/

article highlights wrote:

"Some of them are completely paralyzed. They cannot run. They stand totally still. This is something they never show on TV," Breivik said. "It was very strange."

He was disguised as a policeman, carrying a rifle and a handgun. He also brought drinking water because he knew he would get a dry throat from the stress of killing people.

"My whole body tried to revolt when I took the weapon in my hand. There were 100 voices in may head saying 'Don't do it, don't do it,"' Breivik said.
But he did.

The first shot was "extremely difficult," he declared, saying he then entered a "fight-and-flight modus" that made it easier to continue the killing spree.

Breivik said he couldn't remember large chunks of the approximately 90 minutes he spent on the island before surrendering to police commandos. Still, he recalled some of the shootings in great detail, including inside a cafe where he mowed down young victims as they pleaded for their lives.

Some teenagers were frozen in panic, unable to move even when Breivik ran out of ammunition. He changed clips. They didn't move. He shot them in the head.

Others pretended to be dead. He said he shot them, too.

Breivik continued his rampage around the island, luring youth from their hiding places by telling them he was a police officer who was there to protect them. When they came out, he gunned them down.

He said his goal was to kill all of the nearly 600 people on the island. He said he had thought about wearing a swastika on his chest as a pure fear factor, but decided against it because he didn't want people to think he was a Nazi.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS
does anyone else feel a little sick after reading that?

christ almighty
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
Nutcases aren't all gibbering idiots, they can plan, prepare, train - thats whats scary.

Its surprising that in that kind of situation the vast majority of people will freeze and wait to be killed, but thats what happens.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6733|OctoLand
Rarely post in DST, but just wanted to drop in and congratulate Jay on his display of moronic ignorance again. Twerp.
I know fucking karate
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6489

lol
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

pirana6 wrote:

He said he had thought about wearing a swastika on his chest as a pure fear factor, but decided against it because he didn't want people to think he was a Nazi.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6772|Great Brown North
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
not many countries in europe ever used the guillotine. in fact france didn't use it for very long.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
I went to a kosher summer camp when I was little. I must say it changed me entirely. All those songs, campfires, sports, and great-outdoors turned me into a real zealot/Zionist.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2012-04-21 11:34:18)

krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6772|Great Brown North

Uzique wrote:

not many countries in europe ever used the guillotine. in fact france didn't use it for very long.
i still like 'em
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4187|Oklahoma
Norway should just ban guns all together you know.  Join the rest of the world Norway, geez, gun nuts.  This wouldn't have happened if there were no guns.  Norway's culture of guns was obviously the cause of this.  I think the Norwegian NRA is really to blame for this tragedy.  If gun laws were stricter this guy wouldn't have been able to get a gun, I mean he was obviously crazy, how was he able to buy all these guns, where were the red flags?  You're an idiot if you disagree with me, because children died so I must be right.  Right?
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.

Extra Medium wrote:

Norway should just ban guns all together you know.  Join the rest of the world Norway, geez, gun nuts.  This wouldn't have happened if there were no guns.  Norway's culture of guns was obviously the cause of this.  I think the Norwegian NRA is really to blame for this tragedy.  If gun laws were stricter this guy wouldn't have been able to get a gun, I mean he was obviously crazy, how was he able to buy all these guns, where were the red flags?  You're an idiot if you disagree with me, because children died so I must be right.  Right?
Actually if you read Breviks manifesto and diaries leading up to the incident he catalogues all of his planning, including trying to obtain more powerful, fully automatic rifles. He travels within Europe, but has no success, gives up and opts for the weapons more readily available in Norway. If the man had acquired more deadly weapons legally, the number dead could quite easily be above 100...
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
You can't buy fully automatic weapons here either.
-Frederick Bastiat
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

thought you could somehow with some permit from the ATF
jord

Jay wrote:

Well you can in some states, but I'm aware you can't in most. My comment wasn't really about the American gun situation, that's altogether different from every other countries. It was more that Brevik ran into a wall when trying to purchase weapons to kill many people, and that wall saved lives.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4187|Oklahoma

jsnipy wrote:

With a Class 3 FFL you can, but with the amount of background checks and fee's and the odds of actually being approved, the chances of someone getting a Class 3 with the intent to kill is virtually 0%.

jord wrote:

Jay wrote:

Well you can in some states, but I'm aware you can't in most. My comment wasn't really about the American gun situation, that's altogether different from every other countries. It was more that Brevik ran into a wall when trying to purchase weapons to kill many people, and that wall saved lives.
It failed to save 77.

Your argument of how hard it was to acquire these weapons only goes to further my point of how someone who is willing and determined to commit such acts with spare no effort to see them through.
jord

Extra Medium wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

With a Class 3 FFL you can, but with the amount of background checks and fee's and the odds of actually being approved, the chances of someone getting a Class 3 with the intent to kill is virtually 0%.

jord wrote:

Jay wrote:

It failed to save 77.

Your argument of how hard it was to acquire these weapons only goes to further my point of how someone who is willing and determined to commit such acts with spare no effort to see them through.
He didn't see obtaining the weapons he wanted through though, he gave up. He used what was legally available to him in Norway.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4187|Oklahoma

jord wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

jord wrote:

It failed to save 77.

He didn't see obtaining the weapons he wanted through though, he gave up. He used what was legally available to him in Norway.
Yes, as I said, he carried it out anyways with what was available to him.  People keep saying that America should ban handguns and AR's, but all that tells me is that the number of shotgun rampages would increase.  Ban shotguns and the number of stabbings or arsons increases so on and so forth.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

jsnipy wrote:

Only if they are grandfathered in from before some point in the 1980s and you need a serious, serious background check before you're issued the permit. It's not as simple as walking into a store and pulling one off the rack. They are exceedingly rare, and exceedingly expensive.
-Frederick Bastiat
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6183|Roma

Extra Medium wrote:

jord wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

It failed to save 77.

Yes, as I said, he carried it out anyways with what was available to him.  People keep saying that America should ban handguns and AR's, but all that tells me is that the number of shotgun rampages would increase.  Ban shotguns and the number of stabbings or arsons increases so on and so forth.
Takes more expertise and planning to do bombings I'm gonna guess, and you saw the article on the stabbing spree in China. You're argument is invalid.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard