specops10-4
+108|6713|In the hills

Jaekus wrote:

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Move along.
No i don't know the specifics, but I am in good shape.  I don't pay attention to calories and I have no regular exercise program.  What I do is stay active daily, and thats all it fucking takes.

Between skateboarding, skiing, swimming and the occasional run I can stay in shape.  Unless you are a dweeb who sits infront of the computer 10 hours a day its simple.

Don't be so fucking judgemental.

Last edited by specops10-4 (2012-04-19 15:38:43)

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
irony
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney

specops10-4 wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

No i don't know the specifics, but I am in good shape.  I don't pay attention to calories and I have no regular exercise program.  What I do is stay active daily, and thats all it fucking takes.

Between skateboarding, skiing, swimming and the occasional run I can stay in shape.  Unless you are a dweeb who sits infront of the computer 10 hours a day its simple.

If you don't know the specifics don't post moronic crap when people are asking for specifics, unless you like coming across as a dumbarse.
specops10-4
+108|6713|In the hills

Jaekus wrote:

specops10-4 wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

If you don't know the specifics don't post moronic crap when people are asking for specifics, unless you like coming across as a dumbarse.
I'm sorry, I am just posting what I know.  I push my limits and its done well for me, so I don't understand how cardio can ever be bad unless you do it all day every day.  I did not insult you and I don't understand where this hostility is coming from.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
I'm tired and when someone hasn't read the thread and decides to tell others to to dismiss a post out of hand, when that post contains research backed data, it kinda pisses me off. Sorry.
specops10-4
+108|6713|In the hills
'Excess Cardio' is a vague term, so I don't really know how it can be an official study.  Or at least a reputable one.

Pushing your limits is good, going beyond your limits is bad.  Thats basically what it says, and should be common knowledge.

Last edited by specops10-4 (2012-04-19 15:58:54)

Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
The article is about steady-state cardio vs. HIIT, which is pertinent to the discussion at hand. You just waded in and made some dismissive comment without getting context and then expect some respect?
specops10-4
+108|6713|In the hills

Jaekus wrote:

The article is about steady-state cardio vs. HIIT, which is pertinent to the discussion at hand. You just waded in and made some dismissive comment without getting context and then expect some respect?
People are too fussy about their workout programs and shit.  Unless you are looking to become some kind of super human athlete it really does not matter.  Yeah HIIT might be better than cardio in some respects but all I was saying is that putting in the time is what really makes the difference.

Maybe I have a good metabolism or something, but for me it only takes a little bit of motivation and I'm burning more calories than I am taking in.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
You're burning more based on what you eat, nothing more, nothing less. The whole point of stuff like HIIT is to retain muscle whilst losing weight, so the ratio of actual fat loss is greater.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
Moreover, any HIIT cardio program far easier to stick to because it takes less time and is more enjoyable.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Yeah for sure, plus there are other benefits like more "explosiveness" and power, etc.

A good example to think of in the whole cardio vs. HIIT thing is to look a the difference in body between a marathon runner and a sprinter.
specops10-4
+108|6713|In the hills

Jaekus wrote:

Yeah for sure, plus there are other benefits like more "explosiveness" and power, etc.

A good example to think of in the whole cardio vs. HIIT thing is to look a the difference in body between a marathon runner and a sprinter.
Yeah its definitely a matter of preference, if you want to be jacked go for HIIT.  If you want to be slender and fit go for straight cardio.  Of course genetics and shit play a role but thats how its gonna turn out in general.

However if you just want to lose weight overall and get in better shape either method is equally as effective.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
It's not as simple as that but in a nutshell you're fairly correct.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Been sticking to my cals intake all week and only eaten foods like tuna, salmon, chicken, brown rice, trim milk, extra light sour cream, olive oil, salad, sweet potato, whey, rolled oats, almonds. Averages out to around 2,540 cals a day, which really close to my 2,500 target. Currently eating a little over maintenance to grow some muscle. Eating around 160 - 180g of protein daily, I currently weigh (as of yesterday morning) 80.5kg, or around 175lbs.

Another HIT session monday doing chest and back, then back to legs the following monday, then arms and shoulders the following week. I'm told it's a four week cycle. My legs have still not fully recovered from monday this week, and it's currently Saturday
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam
How is 2540 a little over maintenance? I eat at least 3500, and i only gain like 1lbs (2 if im lucky) a month

I reached my first milestone of 70kg (154lbs). Next up is 75kg.
I guess something like 80kg (175lbs) would be a nice end-goal and at the rate im going at now, I wouldn't even have to do a cut.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
You must have a fast metabolism. Mine was insane till I hit around 25. Now I'm 30 and if I eat 3k a day I definitely put on weight. Even with the 2.5k a day I feel slightly bigger than I did at the start of the week.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam
I've always been skinny and ate nothing but crap, and lots of it without gaining weight.
I guess i'm a lean average now, a perk of having been skinny my entire life.
But the major downsides are that i need to eat a fuckton errryday (3500kcals, 200g protein) and that i have really small and thin joints, something that cant really be fixed by gaining weight. So my hands and wrists are really tiny, making it hard to get good forearms and the same for my feet and ankles, making my calves look like nothing.

but you know, at least I don't look like sh1fty any more.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
lol

I was similar to you, ate everything in sight and stayed at a constant 67kg for years. Then around 25-26 I noticed I had a small gut, nothing to be alarmed about at all but I realised I wasn't skinny like before. Then when I was 29 I was pushing close to 90kg and my belt which was comfy at 2 holes from the end was tight at the last hole, and my size 34 jeans were getting tight.

A bit over a year ago I lost 10kg and fit easily back into size 32, which has been my size since I was about 16, and am comfortably wearing them now (along with the same belt I bought when I was 17, good leather). So I guess my weight has gone up with some belly fat but my overall size is still similar. Now I'm looking to gain some muscle and am prepared to gain a small amount of fat, but I honestly believe I can keep that to a minimum with the right diet and dedication - something I've been a bit inconsistent with.

Taking a very serious approach now, I've even taken into consideration the calories in the wine I'm drinking tonight
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
So I want to maintain/improve fitness without losing any fat.
Whats the best approach, and what foodstuffs have the best empty calories - beer?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Just exercise regularly for fitness and if you find the kilos dropping from the scale just eat a bit more to compensate, especially takeaway.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Like, this guy obviously eats a lot, and he's the strongest powerlifter in the world - http://www.andrew-bolton.com/
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
OK, I think I can do that, thanks.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5969|...

Jaekus wrote:

Like, this guy obviously eats a lot, and he's the strongest powerlifter in the world - http://www.andrew-bolton.com/
Nope. This guy is:

inane little opines
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
True.

This is hot though:

Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

a youtube video of a hot woman working out

pushing the envelope for new creative videos!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard