coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6708|England. Stoke

Uzique wrote:

coke wrote:

Uzique wrote:

this sort of provocative/puerile comment stops being funny when you're about 14.

also it is ironic that you're swiss, because you pussy-hole faygets wished he had won
I dunno, they got to keep all the Nazi gold.
so why "i dunno"?
If the Nazi's had won, they couldn't have simply kept it all.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6713|Purplicious Wisconsin

coke wrote:

War Man wrote:

coke wrote:

Oh so my British Grandfathers must have been on holiday in North Africa, Sardinia, Italy, Greece and France and Burma...
Not like British were the only ones Everywhere.
And yet you just tried to suggest that they weren't.
That wasn't what I meant actually.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
i'm pretty sure if the nazis had won the swiss would have been repaid very kindly for their services. that's what they've done throughout europe's history: prostitute themselves and play the markets.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6708|England. Stoke

War Man wrote:

coke wrote:

War Man wrote:

Not like British were the only ones Everywhere.
So what did you mean?
War Man

coke wrote:

War Man wrote:

coke wrote:

So what did you mean?
That they weren't the only ones. I originally thought I typed "Ahem, only ones all over the place?" and reread and realized I said "Ahem, all over the place?"

My thoughts don't always go by what I'm saying.

Last edited by War Man (2012-04-17 16:58:30)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6708|England. Stoke

War Man wrote:

coke wrote:

War Man wrote:

Ahem, all over the place?
What?
Oh, cybargs said commonwealth, not British. My bad
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470

War Man wrote:

it's called 'being able to write and communicate effectively'. it's a skill most people learn in school.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5473|Ventura, California

Uzique wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Hitler should have won...obviously.
this sort of provocative/puerile comment stops being funny when you're about 14.

also it is ironic that you're swiss, because you pussy-hole faygets wished he had won
Provocative? That's wasn't with a troll face that was with a sarcastic face.

Judgement Ufreak is judgemental
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
specops10-4
+108|6742|In the hills

Uzique wrote:

War Man wrote:

it's called 'being able to write and communicate effectively'. it's a skill most people learn in school.
You're quite the condescending douche aren't you?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5473|Ventura, California
You're new around here eh Spec?
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470

specops10-4 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

War Man wrote:

no i just expect people that post in a forum called debate and serious talk to be able to manage two of the following basic things:

1) to be able to write and communicate. no need for page-long flamefests then trying to clarify what some guy meant by his bad typing.
2) to be able to read and understand 'long words' without attacking them for simply being long words.

otherwise please kindly step out of the discussion. you add nothing.
specops10-4
+108|6742|In the hills

Uzique wrote:

specops10-4 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

no i just expect people that post in a forum called debate and serious talk to be able to manage two of the following basic things:

1) to be able to write and communicate. no need for page-long flamefests then trying to clarify what some guy meant by his bad typing.
2) to be able to read and understand 'long words' without attacking them for simply being long words.

Still condescending...
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
war man is home-schooled and whenever he butts into d&st everyone is immediately scornful and dismissive because of said-home schooling.

my comment was more sarcastic than condescending. you'd understand if you understood the wider social context of discussion.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS

specops10-4 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

specops10-4 wrote:

Still condescending...
he's right though

Last edited by Spark (2012-04-17 18:29:03)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
War Man

Uzique wrote:

War Man wrote:

Welcome to a gaming forum, where mostly people just don't give a fuck about grammar. Even give less fucks about grammar than I do.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
i'm not sure grammar was the operative problem here, war man. the problem was that everyone completely misunderstood your post, which took up an entire page of clarification. clarity =/= commas.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6708|England. Stoke
Yeah that had nothing to do with grammar.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6622|Little Bentcock
yeah warman!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Uzique wrote:

no need for page-long flamefests
BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

*sniff* I'm sorry...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HITNRUNXX
+220|6709|Oklahoma City
Disclaimer: I am not going to read 14 pages of thread to get caught up.

As an American, I will say this: I have been told my entire life how America won WWII practically single handedly. About how even before we were directly involved, it was our pilots being loaned to the RAF that allowed them to win countless air battles. How it was our bombing Japan than moved the war to one front. How it was our invasion of Normandy that forever defined Europe. How it was our money that rebuilt everything. How the entire civilized world is grateful for us, and sees us as super-heroes, if not gods. And how it is our very presence on this planet that prevents WWIII.

Now, with that being said... I became friends with a Polish ambassador's translator back in high school... She was probably the most well versed person on the planet when it came to WWII. And after talking to her for a while, I realized a number of things in their history books were quite different than things in our histories books. That really drove home the whole "history is written by the winners" philosophy.

My personal opinion: America dealt with Japan. America helped a United Allied effort to win in Europe.

Now, with that being said... Let's look at the facts. Between 135,000 and 250,000 (depending on your source and if you count accidental deaths such as ammo explosions) Americans died in Europe in WWII. Most of those with the opinion of they were there to help. They were there to stop the Nazi menace. And regardless of if you believe those men made a difference or not, you are certainly disrespecting them, and their families to call America arrogant for thinking we helped. Approximately 100,000 more died in the Pacific theater. Sure, that is a small percentage of the total number of people that gave their lives, doing what they thought was right... But the whole attitude is disrespectful. I think everyone should be proud when they fight for what is right in this world.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6290|Washington St.
^^ Logic, reasoning, and decency? ^^

pffff. I remember MY first bf2s post
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6191|Roma

HITNRUNXX wrote:

As an American, I will say this: I have been told my entire life how America won WWII practically single handedly. About how even before we were directly involved, it was our pilots being loaned to the RAF that allowed them to win countless air battles. How it was our bombing Japan than moved the war to one front. How it was our invasion of Normandy that forever defined Europe. How it was our money that rebuilt everything. How the entire civilized world is grateful for us, and sees us as super-heroes, if not gods. And how it is our very presence on this planet that prevents WWIII.
Not sure if srs
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
of course that's the line that they are taught in american high-school history class. every single thing that can be twisted and re-presented as america's great victory will be. that's how history lessons are taught, especially in a super-patriotic place like america. how do you think they teach the subversive history of the cold war? or about the corrupt and criminal reagan administration? they probably don't. relying on high-school american history lessons for an impartial review of ww2 is like relying on a stalinist-era textbook for an account of the bolshevik revolution.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX
But for the Russians there would not have been a D-Day, the coast would have been too well defended.
As it was the operation relied on a lot of luck.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
eleven bravo
+1,399|5258|foggy bottom
America saved your asses.
Tu Stultus Es

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard