nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
I thought that putting nine or ten behind the ball and counterattacking was how the inferior side played, not the superior side at home.

FatherTed wrote:

do you actually play football
I play intramurals but that isn't the professional game because no one has the endurance to work for even 25 minutes halves. My old suitemate played, so I've picked up most that I know about soccer from him.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

nukchebi0 wrote:

I thought that putting nine or ten behind the ball and counterattacking was how the inferior side played, not the superior side at home.

FatherTed wrote:

do you actually play football
I play intramurals but that isn't the professional game because no one has the endurance to work for even 25 minutes halves. My old suitemate played, so I've picked up most that I know about soccer from him.
ok well without being intentionally cruel, you need to play some full 90 minute games. i'm sure there's local clubs - bennisboy emigrated and found one quite quickly so it shouldn't be hard.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
Even though they had superior numbers and were a better side Chelsea purposefully played a downbeat game.  They have an away goal and scored another one at home.  That means Benefica need 3 goals away from home to win.  That's near to impossible.  It was in chelsea's interests to stay back and make Benefica work, let them have possession and they will come forward in their pursuit of a goal which in turn will leave a gaping hole in their team defence which can be exploited via a swift counter attack and superior numbers.

Just because you are better doesn't mean you play better.  Chelsea used the conditions to their favour to draw out the game and make it difficult to play.  Boring to watch, yes.  Good tactics for champions league progression, fuck yes.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
what about arsenal
Tu Stultus Es
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

m3thod wrote:

Even though they had superior numbers and were a better side Chelsea purposefully played a downbeat game.  They have an away goal and scored another one at home.  That means Benefica need 3 goals away from home to win.  That's near to impossible.  It was in chelsea's interests to stay back and make Benefica work, let them have possession and they will come forward in their pursuit of a goal which in turn will leave a gaping hole in their team defence which can be exploited via a swift counter attack and superior numbers.

Just because you are better doesn't mean you play better.  Chelsea used the conditions to their favour to draw out the game and make it difficult to play.  Boring to watch, yes.  Good tactics for champions league progression, fuck yes.
They only needed 2 goals (until the last minute goal by Chelsea) to go through with away goals.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand
Will watch the game tonight, sounded quite close towards the end.

We had a good tournament, but even I think we really don't stand a chance against Barca, the only way we'll win is if we park the bus at the nou camp for a 0-0 and park the bus at home for a 1-0 or penalties, as soon as we start attacking and leaving gaps Messi will do his thing.
I know fucking karate
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
Maybe once I leave college I'll consider it, but its not feasible as a college student. I'll consider trying out for the university club футбол team in the fall, but I'm doubtful I'd qualify.

m3thod wrote:

Didn't Benfica only need two goals, since they'd advance from a 2-2 draw on away goals?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

coke wrote:

They only needed 2 goals (until the last minute goal by Chelsea) to go through with away goals.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6644|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Well done Chelsea
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6161|Roma

justice wrote:

Will watch the game tonight, sounded quite close towards the end.

We had a good tournament, but even I think we really don't stand a chance against Barca, the only way we'll win is if we park the bus at the nou camp for a 0-0 and park the bus at home for a 1-0 or penalties, as soon as we start attacking and leaving gaps Messi will do his thing.
Was watching it in tandem with the Real Madrid domestic cup game. Was hard to concentrate on the Chelski game..
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6443|Kakanien
https://www.tz-online.de/bilder/2012/04/05/2267201/1870936150-paulo-jorge-zaehne.9.jpg
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

Jessica Alba scored for Valencia

15' [1 - 0] A. Rami        
17' [2 - 0] A. Rami        
56'  [3 - 0] J. Alba               
80' [4 - 0]    P. Hernandez
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand
Bayern - Real ...predictions?

I'm thinking 1-1 in this leg
I know fucking karate
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

Webb making sure those Spanish pansies aren't getting soft freekicks so far

pisses me off how they flop around
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

hey i just noticed something

Arjen Robben

Bayern Robben!!!
Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
lol based Gomez
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

Toilet Sex wrote:

hey i just noticed something

Arjen Robben

Bayern Robben!!!
Genius.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
>REAL MADrid
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand
Dam Gomez messed up my prediction, good game though, both sides were pretty wasteful.
I know fucking karate
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

hopefully it's a Bayern v Chelsea, Madrid v Chelsea, Bayern v Barca final

just not the shitfest EL CLASICOLOLOL
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
How many yellow cards does a player have to get over the course of the competition to incur the mandatory one match suspension?
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand
5 i think
I know fucking karate
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

justice wrote:

5 i think
In Leagues and domestic cups.
Think it's 3 in Euro competitions.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
Okay, thanks. I was just curious because Bayern had four players in danger, and then five once they switched Schweinsteiger out with Muller, which seemed like a lot.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard