Announcement

cospengle
Member
+140|5822|Armidale, NSW, Australia
...this:

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21468/greenshit.png

OK, I got the pic up here ... +1 for me

Why does it look like this? Worked fine before about a month ago (roughly).

Thanks

EDIT: Please email your reply ASAP

Last edited by cospengle (2012-04-13 05:19:07)

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6006|UK
right click --> disable hardware acceleration
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
cospengle
Member
+140|5822|Armidale, NSW, Australia
TY for your reply

Rightclick...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21468/greenshit1.png
Settting.... deselect HW acceleration?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21468/greenshit3.png
didn't work, still same green shit

Last edited by cospengle (2012-04-13 05:49:07)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5123|Catherine Black
Perhaps your graphics card is failing, causing artifacts. Does this happen in games or other HW accelerated applications?

Have you tried re-installing flash/your browser?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,760|5488|what

Reinstall your gfx drivers.

Check what addons you recently installed for your browser.

Is only the one browser effected?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

"coz you a far cry from acclaim nigga ubisoft"
cospengle
Member
+140|5822|Armidale, NSW, Australia

Finray wrote:

Perhaps your graphics card is failing, causing artifacts. Does this happen in games or other HW accelerated applications?
Doubt it, it's only you tube.

Finray wrote:

Have you tried re-installing flash/your browser?
Good point (although I've already tried installing Flash). Maybe I need is reinstall IE. Thanks.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,760|5488|what

LOL just use Firefox mate.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

"coz you a far cry from acclaim nigga ubisoft"
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5123|Catherine Black

AussieReaper wrote:

LOL just use Firefox mate.
Not necessarily. But definitely don't use IE.

https://www.google.com/chrome
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
http://www.opera.com/browser/

Take your pick, all very good browsers with pros and cons over each other, but no cons over IE.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
cospengle
Member
+140|5822|Armidale, NSW, Australia
Thanks I must have just updated rather than actual reinstall. Anyway, it's working now.

Cheers fellas, I really appreciate you help.

And yes, I use FF... just not with Widoze.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,980|6107|USA

I've been getting greened out on Chrome. All greenscreen goes away if I maximize any problem video, but not all videos get greenscreen. I haven't bothered with any other browsers, but it's only Youtube doing it. Disabling hardware acceleration hasn't helped, even after a refresh. This is apparently a years-old issue that people have been having, but I've never seen it until recently.

Perhaps it takes the planets aligning with the right versions of youtube compression and flash drivers.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|5835|so randum

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I've been getting greened out on Chrome. All greenscreen goes away if I maximize any problem video, but not all videos get greenscreen. I haven't bothered with any other browsers, but it's only Youtube doing it. Disabling hardware acceleration hasn't helped, even after a refresh. This is apparently a years-old issue that people have been having, but I've never seen it until recently.

Perhaps it takes the planets aligning with the right versions of youtube compression and flash drivers.
happened to me last month, it comes and goes
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5123|Catherine Black
disabling hardware acceleration is a fucking godsend, btw

I mean, it's useful if you've got a shit computer with a low-tier but dedicated GPU, but if you've got anything modern and desktopish it's a waste of time

if I'm running a game on my primary and a YT video on my secondary, it'll cut my FPS to ~25 no matter what game I'm playing. WoW, I usually get 90-100FPS, SC2 I'm getting >150, but stick a YT video on with HW acceleration, poof, 25 FPS max.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5240|CA

Finray wrote:

disabling hardware acceleration is a fucking godsend, btw

I mean, it's useful if you've got a shit computer with a low-tier but dedicated GPU, but if you've got anything modern and desktopish it's a waste of time

if I'm running a game on my primary and a YT video on my secondary, it'll cut my FPS to ~25 no matter what game I'm playing. WoW, I usually get 90-100FPS, SC2 I'm getting >150, but stick a YT video on with HW acceleration, poof, 25 FPS max.
I've never had this problem, what exactly does it do anyways?
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4303|Dundee, Scotland.

TopHat01 wrote:

Finray wrote:

disabling hardware acceleration is a fucking godsend, btw

I mean, it's useful if you've got a shit computer with a low-tier but dedicated GPU, but if you've got anything modern and desktopish it's a waste of time

if I'm running a game on my primary and a YT video on my secondary, it'll cut my FPS to ~25 no matter what game I'm playing. WoW, I usually get 90-100FPS, SC2 I'm getting >150, but stick a YT video on with HW acceleration, poof, 25 FPS max.
I've never had this problem, what exactly does it do anyways?
uses your gpu to display the video.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,980|6107|USA

Just so everyone knows, if you disable hardware acceleration, you may develop issues with the steam overlay and screenshot features. Issues like them not responding at all after awhile.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2022 Jeff Minard