joe6600
+-1|6751
I have inside info, that EA is purposely lowering medal requirements so people can finish getting medals faster.  This strategy is targeted at getting people finished before the November release of the Newest Battlefield Edition.  In otherwords guys they are doing this to make u buy the new game.................

Any comments?  I thought the community would like this info....
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6845|A Small Isle in the Tropics

I had guessed that was the motive behind it..
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6727|California

k...?

they arent trying to kill off the game, hell, there are still tons of 1942 servers up and running
Maj.Do
+85|6759|good old CA
marketing tactic
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6746|Omaha, Nebraska
Too bad I wont be buying Mechwarrior 2142... Looks terrible.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6854|North Texas
It's not going to sway me one bit. To be fair to EA/DICE, they had noooooo idea what the award requirements should have been from the beginning. But their decisions throughout the patching process leaves me shaking my head.

I'm a bit torn right now, BF2142 .vs Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. I'm leaning heavily towards ETQW because I want to hook up with a MOD team for a possible WWII(or modern warfare) total conversion. I know the Quake technology much better than the BF2 stuff. I enjoy the modding aspects more than playing itself... so... We can't mod the EA controlled servers, and I'm getting bored with the stats stuff. What to do...
joe6600
+-1|6751
makes me mad after working really hard for some of my badges then some people just get them with much less effort.  I guess I have to stop using my rank as a comparison to other people and just use to measure myself......wait now thats sad BF2 has turned into GOLF
eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP
+119|6851|Sacramento, Cal
wcr should have stayed like it was.
joe6600
+-1|6751
screenshots of me?  my bf2s nick isnt my ingame one u know?
Sniper926
Bullet Magnet
+14|6570|A good vantage point...

splixx wrote:

"Mechwarrior 2142" - lol
=DBD=TITAN126
+5|6790

mikeshw wrote:

I had guessed that was the motive behind it..
Same here. It won't work for me, in fact, it has repelled me more.
WhyTwoKay
+15|6777|Texas
Wow! I have never heard this theory before! Thanks!

In all seriousness, this is obviously what is going on.
lowyaukee
+2|6842
So, what's the problem?  EA is running a business, right?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6754|The United Center
i dont really care.  half of those awards i was never going to see anyway.  400h in armor?  400h in helos?  300h in jets?  60h in GD and 100h in AD?  150h in transport?  it just wasnt going to happen.

yeah, i understand if the higher ranked people are upset about it, but im definitely not.  in fact, it was quite nice when i got a dozen or so awards today.
Aleho
+0|6660
Yeah, was kinda cool, But does anybody know the new uber of BF2 at the moment?
I didn't play for a few months and when i logged in again i recived the navy and mec medals.
and yesterday the marksman inf medal and knife expert without any use of a knife....??

Does anybody know what the changes are? i guess they changed more.

And Btw why would you have to check for 400h for the last inf medal if you need all the expert badges and they requier 100h each...?
viceboy
+6|6598
i doubt that is true.  i play for fun... not to earn bits of data that are saved in a personal jacket.

they just want to satisfy peopel by lowering the difficuluty... lets admit... some of this crap is impossible to get
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6655
again if they want us to buy the new game (once it's out) they can just shut down their character server...
I think those medals and badges are nice and shiney and it's fun to get them but I dont play this game only to get those medals.
And people complaining because of all the "work" they put into getting their badges should maybe redfine their understanding of work. Work is getting up early, moving your butt out of the house to earn your living and not sitting in front of a computer getting some pixel-medallions (unless your name is jonas wendel or whatever he's called)
alpinestar
+304|6604|New York City baby.
You and I can confirm
Linus
+53|6661

NM156 wrote:

It's not going to sway me one bit. To be fair to EA/DICE, they had noooooo idea what the award requirements should have been from the beginning. But their decisions throughout the patching process leaves me shaking my head.

I'm a bit torn right now, BF2142 .vs Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. I'm leaning heavily towards ETQW because I want to hook up with a MOD team for a possible WWII(or modern warfare) total conversion. I know the Quake technology much better than the BF2 stuff. I enjoy the modding aspects more than playing itself... so... We can't mod the EA controlled servers, and I'm getting bored with the stats stuff. What to do...
if they "had idea" then shouldnt they have gotten an idea ? I mean how hard could it be..

I often think that EA/DICE doesnt even beta test ANY of their code before they just throw it out
there on the customer... lets be honest... it took them 2 months to release the first REAL patch
after the game was released... 2 MONTHS! wow.. thats unheard of... and then there were still
"150+" (their words..) fixes in their next patch.. thats horrible.... and now this patch I guarantee
will require a patch itself, guaranteed..

If you dont know about something...get a clue... then make your adjustments... dont wait 10
months later to get a clue..

EA and DICE are the worst programmers in the business... I wouldnt let them set the time on my
VCR.
AMTXP
+13|6660|California, USA
The BF2 community should boycott BF2142. Not only does the idea just suck, the graphics aren't much of an improvement. Someone could probably make a mod if you really wanted to drive mechs and that crap.

- Andrew
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6635|UK
LOL! I am never gonna finish by november
Toni
+4|6570
Why is everyone complaining about how others get to certain badges much easier than you did. Well, that means you have put in much more effort and skill or whoring into getting that badge and that must mean that you're a little ahead against other players, who get em' like candy now since the patch has been out. I got 4 badges in a row yesterday in SF and I even don't care if I got them easier than before. Yes there was that stupid felling how maybe I don't deserve them but hell that's what guys at EA decided and there is nothing you can do about it except stop playing the game.

Lighten up - no one is goning to take them away from you
BigSwoll
+0|6721|Gahanna, Ohio
You know, it's funny.  I sit here and read the same posts over and over again by dozens of different people - complain, complain, complain.  IT'S A GAME.  Obviously the issues aren't that important because the complainers continue to play and post. 

The best are the people who gripe over the badges.  "I spent 400 hours WORKING for all my stuff.  Now EA cheapens it."  Are you freaking kidding me?  LOL
Avarice
+41|6580|London, UK

splixx wrote:

Same here, it reminds me of BattleFRONT 2. Although that was a cracker of a game and had alot of things in common with the BattleFIELD series, EA should never have come up with the idea of combining it.
joey_915
+4|6588
I'm not going to buy that game. I want to be in the top 10 before I quit this game.

Besides that I think this will be my last battlefield game i would have rather had more updates,more medals added periodically,more levels added as well then buy 2142

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard