Tetn1s
+59|6612|Los Angeles
I did that thing on badhq for upgrading my bf2 experience before 1.3. I first tried installing incremental but then i try loading up BF2 and before the intro even begins i crash to desktop. I tried installing Full version, didnt work.  Now i try upgrading my NVIDIA graphics driver, but nothing happens. Any help? I used search button but i couldnt find anything
PunkX
stoned
+198|6594|Canada
Restart your pc. Frig around with your firewall etc.

could be anything.
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6700|Rochester, NY
I have the same problem here, just restarted and all...
PunkX
stoned
+198|6594|Canada
Check your firewall settings people!
BlackLegion42
+62|6700|Rochester, NY
I don't have a firewall! :p
PunkX
stoned
+198|6594|Canada

BlackLegion42 wrote:

GG XD
BlackLegion42
+62|6700|Rochester, NY

LOSER|Tearsofromance wrote:

BlackLegion42 wrote:

GG XD
Well I do have one but it is currently disabled... Is it localization problems???
k1LLr_M
Prone to Own
+118|6563|Houston, TX
this was in another topic...
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=25547
BlackLegion42
+62|6700|Rochester, NY
Too late on that tip...
Tetn1s
+59|6612|Los Angeles
What should i rename it to? Bf21_Full Patch_1.30.exe?

Last edited by Ned_Z (2006-05-23 17:41:34)

rawls
Banned
+11|6785|California, USA

Ned_Z wrote:

I did that thing on badhq for upgrading my bf2 experience before 1.3. I first tried installing incremental but then i try loading up BF2 and before the intro even begins i crash to desktop. I tried installing Full version, didnt work.  Now i try upgrading my NVIDIA graphics driver, but nothing happens. Any help? I used search button but i couldnt find anything
If all else fails uninstall the game and reinstall it, install 1.3 full patch. It sucks big time, but sometimes its the only way. I just patched mine and im going in. im scared.

nevermind. See post#8.

Last edited by rawls (2006-05-23 17:48:42)

FriiginChomper
+41|6671
i have sorta the same problem, i can load bf2 but when i join a server and it gets in, and i click join game it crashes to my desktop. That is on most servers, i played single player and it works fine. i went to my clan server and it was just me in the game, normaly my ping is 45 there, now it was like 115 and it was laggy the whole time. Anyone else getting this sort of problem?
k1LLr_M
Prone to Own
+118|6563|Houston, TX

Ned_Z wrote:

What should i rename it to? Bf21_Full Patch_1.30.exe?
nooo bad idea... just rename it to BF2 and you'll be fine
BlackLegion42
+62|6700|Rochester, NY
Installed the full patch and now it works! Thanks!
|CoR| Majik_Kracker
Anti-Tank Aficionado
+10|6670|Arizona, USA
i had to friken unistall and reinstall bf2 today cause of that...
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
wo wo wo, i have a cure that sum1 gave me, il give his name as soon as i foun dout and + him.

1. patch ur game to 1.3 (i used the full patch)
2. get your mate or someone to send you a copy of their bf2.exe
3. open up your bf2 folder and replace your current one with this new one
4. run bf2, and it should work!

anymore help needed, jsut pm me or summut

the guys name is elmo1337, i suggest you thank him if this worked for you

Last edited by FFLink13 (2006-05-24 04:55:59)

Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6602|Derby, England

Ned_Z wrote:

You have to change the original files back to it's original state, or it will not let you patch, ( as it dosent know where the files are, same if you rename the Bf2 to BF21,exe everything has2 bve changed to it's original state bifore repatching .

Peace Boris
This is what I did, I used the guide to optimize Battlefield 2 as well.

1) Reinstall
2) Restart Computer
3) Download the FULL (not incremental) 1.3 patch
4) Install it
5) Restart
6) Optimize
7) Play (Worked for me)
captain-a
63 61 70 74 61 69 6e 2d 61
+141|6598|Germany

FriiginChomper wrote:

i have sorta the same problem, i can load bf2 but when i join a server and it gets in, and i click join game it crashes to my desktop. That is on most servers, i played single player and it works fine. i went to my clan server and it was just me in the game, normaly my ping is 45 there, now it was like 115 and it was laggy the whole time. Anyone else getting this sort of problem?
I had a similar problem some days ago (before the actual patch which runs fine). I could start the game, but at the moment the map starts loading BF2 crashed back to desktop. Funny, a day before it worked without any problems So, I reinstalled the game, applied the patch and the problem was gone. Good luck.
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6602|Derby, England

I know many of you having troubles with 1.30 patch, can you at least take the time to look at other threads, there are many people with same problems, please do not make new post if sum one has same problems as you and he has made the post already. Thank you

Ok here is what I found  this might fixit for sum

First off Install full patch not "incremet" ( this should fix most of the problems )
Update Punkbuster After new patch ( full install ) update your PB, you can find out how to auto update PB in general chat section of this forums ( titled top 10 tweak guids )

To steps above should fix the problems also found this on other forums that might help 

1. I found this sorted, my problems out, alternatively you just need to switch your PC to run with just 1 cpu (in window task manager, right click BF2.exe, select affinity- deselect one of the cpu's and away you go!)

2.If that dont work dude, try turning Hyperthreading off in your BIOS. Done the trick for me, I had the exact same problem.
I dont have Dual processors though but if the above post don't work give it a bash.

3.Video settings check make sure they set to low ( only for now just to see if it helps our problem )

4. After new patch update your PB, you can find out how to auto update PB in general chat section of this forums ( titled top 10 tweak guids )

This should help few of you Enjoy

Peace Boris

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard