ThundergodTyLor
You am dee best!
+34|6694|RCM Headquarters
If you've followed badhq's tips in the http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=22556 post, be sure to rename your exe before you patch,  else, you get a nice little crash to desktop.
samfink
+31|6553
well, of course, as otherwise you have no BF2.exe.
ThundergodTyLor
You am dee best!
Yeah, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that forgot/going to forget it.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6715|Riva, MD
Is this why everybody is having problems like crashing after 4 games or the vehicle drop option being called the file name like HTTP_DROP or something?
samfink
+31|6553
probably.
-MIKI3.
+70|6641|The Netherlands
thnx for telling
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6595|Seattle

Good tip. I would've forgot
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
pants marshall
+0|6549
why would you change the .exe unless you cheat?????
samfink
+31|6553
I think so you nhave a backup in case the patching goes wrong. it's always the EXE file that is messed up, and therefore, re-name the exe, and BAM you are 1.22 again, and it works once more.
[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6748|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL

pants marshall wrote:

Some people believe that changing the executeable name fixes performance issues...do a search and you'll find the reason...
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6715|Riva, MD
If this shit only happens because you changed the file name, then I should be able to use the incremental patch without problems right?
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6689|Devon, England
son of a...

so thats why. what would i doif i  patched to 1.3, got a bit pissed off, patched back to 1.22, got even more pissed off.

would i just rename bf2.exe and then patch to 1.3?
samfink
+31|6553
erm, no. you would need to copy the EXE, rename the copy, THEN re-run the patch.
FFLink
There is.
eh? please, i consider myeslef a computer noob wen it comes to stuff like this. can u plz plz plz giv me an easy to use guide? il give you +1...
ThundergodTyLor
You am dee best!
There's not really a good reason to rename the exe.  It's supposed to increase your performance, but it doesn't seem to help a lot.  Other than that, if you patched down to 1.22 then back to 1.3, it should work just fine.
k1LLr_M
Prone to Own
+118|6591|Houston, TX
thanks for the warning...is there anything else that was in badhq's tips that will give us CTD's?
CTD's, sounds almost as bad as STD's
FFLink
There is.

ThundergodTyLor wrote:

There's not really a good reason to rename the exe.  It's supposed to increase your performance, but it doesn't seem to help a lot.  Other than that, if you patched down to 1.22 then back to 1.3, it should work just fine.
well its a bit late saying that now...
ThundergodTyLor
You am dee best!
Not that I've found.

And just remember...

Babies are the worst STD, they're around for much longer than you are.
k1LLr_M
Prone to Own
+118|6591|Houston, TX
lol...(not from my experience) they grow up, waste your time, take your car and your money and leave
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6557|The real world
fuck, thats the prob

too late, I already patched it with the renamed file, any suggestions about what I should do now>?
FFLink
There is.
yes i need help with this aswell!

and do not say reinstll battlefield, as my disc is smashed so i cant reinstall it and i dont know what il do without bf2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ThundergodTyLor
You am dee best!
Just download the full patch.  That should fix it right up.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6595|Seattle

The reason for changing the name has to do with some anti-virus and other programs, thinking it's belongs to them, and sometimes crashes the game.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6631|USA
restart after patching.. helps A TON!
will180
Power Lurker
+27|6665|Jacksonville, Florida

pants marshall wrote:

Bf2 is recognized by a bunch of programs to have a weird designation or something. Changing it makes it just like any other program.

It's tip number 2 on bf2lag .com

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard