Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6731|Toronto | Canada

Kmar wrote:

I wish I hit 15 hours.. hmph

That's what makes the Razor Max attractive.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/98083/2012-02-26%2021.01.16.png

Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6466|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Microwave wrote:

Yeah it is.

I'm loving it so far. Obviously feels big at first but not anymore. Runs really well, screen is AMAZING. ICS is also a really good step forward.
Bought the Nexus today
Ultrafunkula

So. What all sorts of stuff should I now install on it before I manage to lose it again? And what else useful software might be good to have?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6493|so randum
dongs lol imo
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

avast has a pretty solid lock and track if lost feature

if i remember tonight ill post a few of my more useful apps
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6647

I'm sure a simple Google search could give me what I'm looking for, but I'd prefer some first-hand recommendations.

Any good photo apps that will let me set it up and take pictures over a set interval? Or let me set a timer (more than 3s) for when to take a picture? Webcam is shitty at this.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

umm well camera zoom fx has a voice activation feature? not sure if thats what youre looking for
Microwave
_
+515|6648|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK

Ultrafunkula wrote:

So. What all sorts of stuff should I now install on it before I manage to lose it again? And what else useful software might be good to have?
This is a really cool app for if you lose your phone

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … labs.planb

You actually install it AFTER you've lost your phone!
Ultrafunkula

Microwave wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

This is a really cool app for if you lose your phone

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … labs.planb

You actually install it AFTER you've lost your phone!

Let's see if it locates my HTC...

ed. One day later, no emails. Lost phone is still lost.
Ultrafunkula

Is there some sort of app to keep the screen from not fading to dark when the phone is in the charger, or when I choose to leave it completely lit? I hate it when the screen goes dark when using google maps in the car. The display settings only changed it to not go into being completely locked. Didn't help with the brightness.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6683|Devon, England
My desire stays fully lit when it's being charged/plugged in my car.

I think I downloaded a "Car-Mode" app to apply the settings. I've since got rid of the app, but the settings have stuck.
Microwave
_

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Is there some sort of app to keep the screen from not fading to dark when the phone is in the charger, or when I choose to leave it completely lit? I hate it when the screen goes dark when using google maps in the car. The display settings only changed it to not go into being completely locked. Didn't help with the brightness.
So with Navigation I've found that if it's plugged in the screen stays at a constant brightness.

However, when it's not plugged into power the screen will go darker (not turned off) after a while, BUT the screen will go back to normal brightness when there is a command, eg turn left in half a mile.

There is an app called Tasker which literally is the best android app out there. I won't go properly into it because it deserves it's own detailed post which I don't have the time to do. But basically, you can set contexts and actions.

For example:  [when an app is opened (Maps)] - CONTEXT, [change setting(screen timeout : never)] - ACTION

so yeah, you can do loads of stuff, it's amazing.

I've got some things like - when I'm at a certain location (determined by mobile signal towers) turn on wifi, turn on silent mode etc. Really cool. Definitely worth spending the time to learn and set up.

But any questions let me know

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … id.taskerm

I do think though that your navigation issue is what I detailed at the start, I don't think you can change that, even with Tasker.

Last edited by Microwave (2012-03-15 08:45:46)

Ultrafunkula

Do I have to root the phone in order to use Tasker?
Microwave
_
Nope, it works without root.

With root you can do some extra cool stuff but I'd say 90% (including all the core functionality) works without root.
Ultrafunkula

Hey, do I get to change my incoming sms alert with this one? Those beeps n' boops are dull.
Microwave
_
You can change your notification alert sound for most apps.

For sms: open the messaging app > press the options button > settings > choose ringtone
Ultrafunkula

Noice. I'mma buy this thing Btw, downloaded a trial navigation program called Sygic. The screen stays lit the whole time it's on, so I think it's just the Google apps that are a bit crummy. Prolly gonna buy the whole program too, since it looks quite nice.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5501|America
Question: I have the Droid X, and it's probably the first phone I've ever owned that I don't want to upgrade, but this one's going on the fritz. It randomly crashes when running certain basic apps, and becomes really unresponsive sometimes. Even after a factory reset it's back to the same problems within about 2 weeks.

Is there a way to get the phone replaced without upgrading?
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
VicktorVauhn
+319|6384|Southern California

Ultrafunkula wrote:

That is one of the options in the settings, iirc....

Go to applications>Development>Stay Away (screen will never sleep while charging)
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6382
Quick Lookup - How do you change it?
It defaults to Wikipedia, I'd rather it be a Google search.
So when using the stock web browser, you highlight a word and it gives you the option to "Copy, Quick Lookup, Share Via". If you click "Quick Lookup" it goes to Wikipedia. How do I change Quick Lookup so it does a Google search?

Last edited by west-phoenix-az (2012-03-19 08:43:12)

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Ultrafunkula

Microwave wrote:

You can change your notification alert sound for most apps.

For sms: open the messaging app > press the options button > settings > choose ringtone
Actually I meant how to use own ringtones instead of those crappy Samsung bzz bloop fart yoink sounds.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6283|Washington St.
I'm sure this is in this thread somewhere but I can't find...

What does everyone use as a lost phone app? I downloaded AndroidLost but have yet to try it out as an app.
I'm mostly looking for something that just gives me a map of where it is when I log in to their website...
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

avast does that pretty well, as well as having a few other features
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6730|Oxferd Ohire
any reason my notification light is now orange?
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6490

you have a message.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard