imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6801|Human Meat Shield
Was wondering what I am doing wrong with the AA/Tow, seems like I have to make at least 2/3 direct hits to bring a tank/helo down in flames, but by that time it's too late I am the one in the seat with the bodybag at the legs. I think it should be 1 hit depending how close you are, They make aircraft so invulnerable in this game unless you are in a jet or other chopper. Some may disagree about making the AA/TOW more powerful, but look at the aircraft --  they have flares to ease the pain,speed, manueverability (sp?) I'm not saying hit a chopper with one TOW or one bullet but make the driver be weary and make him at least think about getting repairs.  AT kit shooting at helo's is a joke, obviously I am not that good so maybe someone can make sense of this for me, I've tried shooting at the motor, the people in it, everything. I've gotten one great kill on one scenerio and that is when the chopper was flying real low over a AA (figure that one out) to cap a flag and I snuck up and shot it down, thats the only time it's worked with one shot. I see people use them but to no avail are they lucky enough to shoot one down without me reviving them at least 3 times, AA/TOWs are for when the chopper isn't looking scenerio, I think it should be like the M95, get the chopper down to 2/5 bars, that way he has to go back to get repairs, make the driver continuously push the C button to see "who shot that". Basically I think the AA/TOWs are worthless, hardly see anyone on them, they are just noise makers and markers to show who shot it so the chopper/plane/tank can bear down. This could be in the Help section I suppose. I could be wrong on this subject though.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6815|The Hague, Holland
My friend I agree completely with you on AA. However the TOW...
I have shot somany vehicles with a TOW, apc's, humvee's, vodnik's. They all went down with 1 (sometimes 2) Tow missles. Dont underastimate the TOW.
Guruz
Sir
+20|6871|government yard in trenchtown.
TOW against an APC - puts it on flames
--ll-- against a Vodnik/Humvee - one shot kill
--ll-- against a buggy/FAV - one shot kill
--ll-- against an attack heli - puts it on flames
--ll-- against a transport heli - 2 shots to kill (?)
--ll-- against a tank - 2 shots to kill.
VEHICLES HAD FULL HEALTH!

AA missiles needed to take down a full health;
Jet (either fighter or bomber) - 2 missiles
Attack heli - 2 missiles
Transport heli (ex. Black Hawk) - 3 missiles
APC - too many!

Facts! Tried them out!

Last edited by Guruz (2005-10-29 11:22:47)

Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6815|The Hague, Holland
Yeah but it depens WHERE you shoot! The back of a APC, Tank is always more effective then the front! You have to remember these kinda things
*fmj*power
+1|6789

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

My friend I agree completely with you on AA. However the TOW...
I have shot somany vehicles with a TOW, apc's, humvee's, vodnik's. They all went down with 1 (sometimes 2) Tow missles. Dont underastimate the TOW.
i agress too, the TOW can own anything, hit it in the right spot and its done, 1 shot. the AA on the otherhand leaves much to be desired, they seem to track freindly planes more often than enemy. this little damage assesmant may help you out if its taking you 2 shots to kil la tank with the TOW

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattle … id=1746160

thasta  damage assesment for the antitank kit but it gives you an idea of were you wat to hit him with that TOW, its all in the tracks!!!
summoner
+0|6793
I just like throwin rockets at people. Reguardless if they're in a tank or not.
Tow packs a *mean* punch though, i've delt and recieved a good few TOWs myself, they are to be respectable and concidered on the field, don't ignore an empty TOW turret, ever.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6801|Human Meat Shield
Yeah thanks for the input, I've seen that tank diagram before, got it saved along with my helo flying tips, but anyway, the TOWS do damage but hitting in the right spot for tanks, but for Aircraft it just seems like a waste unless you use the element of suprise, helo's can manuever around if they go E/W quickly ( I must've met many exp pilots cause I've never had a direct hit with a TOW in the air) But on the ground they are like the AT Kit obviously.
*fmj*power
+1|6789

imdead wrote:

Yeah thanks for the input, I've seen that tank diagram before, got it saved along with my helo flying tips, but anyway, the TOWS do damage but hitting in the right spot for tanks, but for Aircraft it just seems like a waste unless you use the element of suprise, helo's can manuever around if they go E/W quickly ( I must've met many exp pilots cause I've never had a direct hit with a TOW in the air) But on the ground they are like the AT Kit obviously.
the best trick is to not even get in the aa until the jet is flying overhead and past you, surrprise him and that rarely works and you just tipped him off to where you are and if hes a good pilot he will turn back and gun you down......i realy think they need to do more work on the AA.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6788|The Netherlands
it is easy to 1 shot kill a tank with a tow just aim for the tracks. personaly i love the tow
karto
I keed :P
+0|6806
Read the AA guide - it's hard, but you can do plenty of damage with AA.
A simple trick is to fire one missile and let the flares fly, then fire the next as soon as you have a lockon. While you probably won't take them down like that, you'll give them something to think about - and hopefully you'll get them with the next missile.
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6791|Brixham, UK
Funnily enough, I shot down a plane with the AA emplacement at the hill village on dragon valley today. Somehow.
g0s3k1
+1|6788
aa has the ability to put pilots off their stride even if you have no missiles left. this is also true of the ship-borne aa. even sitting in the forward aa emplacement on a ship - point the aa toward the shore bases .. it affords some measure of protection for your team, heck you dont even have to fire anything to put inexperienced pilots off.
best aa position - right hand middle island in dragon valley - I've knocked down 15 helicopters and 7 planes in one round .. I admit I used both lanchers .. but the right hand one has the better firing angle.
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6788|NH - USA
First time I used the TOW I got the ground defense thingy - those things are awesome. The destructive power is good, and its cool to hold the fire button and guide it on home keeping the circle on the target. I love grabbing one in the time of need...assuming I can get to it alive. One hit just about took out a fresh tank, or at least made him put it in reverse real quick.

AA I've only had luck against heli's ...the one with two shots per load is sorta poopy. I've only taken jets down with the carrier AA.

Last edited by VirtuaLResistancE (2005-10-30 02:34:49)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard