Buzerk1
+44|6849

Z-trooper wrote:

Well I usually zoom in at a very high resolution on the map - its hard to keep up with the map - but if you can - thats were the points are at
no comment, may be one... you go for point and K/D ratio not the team... nice...
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6771|Denmark

Buzerk1 wrote:

Z-trooper wrote:

Well I usually zoom in at a very high resolution on the map - its hard to keep up with the map - but if you can - thats were the points are at
no comment, may be one... you go for point and K/D ratio not the team... nice...
yes sir.. but now I'm of to go kill some people..

see you around
Buzerk1
+44|6849

Z-trooper wrote:

Buzerk1 wrote:

Z-trooper wrote:

yes sir.. but now I'm of to go kill some people..

see you around
Sure, I just hope we won't be on the same side loll
Heretic
+3|6790
What you people don't understand is that pilots like myself DO look at the minimap for blue dots before I make a bombing run. I will hold off if there is one teammate at the flag I was going to obliterate. That teammates life is invalubale.

The problem is with the people that use the punish key as much as the fire button.

YOU ARE ONE ANGRY LITTLE BOY IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO PUNISH FOR A TEAMKILL BEFORE THE PILOT HAS THE CHANCE TO SAY SORRY.

What idiots some people are. The pilot was not out to teamkill. Accendents happen.

I will punish for a 3rd teamkill by someone unless he/she states the reason for it. A simple sorry is useless after 3 tks.

But to punish before your corpse dissappears... you are the worst kind of people in the world. Judge first, ask later.
Buzerk1
+44|6849

Heretic wrote:

What you people don't understand is that pilots like myself DO look at the minimap for blue dots before I make a bombing run. I will hold off if there is one teammate at the flag I was going to obliterate. That teammates life is invalubale.

The problem is with the people that use the punish key as much as the fire button.

YOU ARE ONE ANGRY LITTLE BOY IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO PUNISH FOR A TEAMKILL BEFORE THE PILOT HAS THE CHANCE TO SAY SORRY.

What idiots some people are. The pilot was not out to teamkill. Accendents happen.

I will punish for a 3rd teamkill by someone unless he/she states the reason for it. A simple sorry is useless after 3 tks.

But to punish before your corpse dissappears... you are the worst kind of people in the world. Judge first, ask later.
I agree, you shouldn't blindly punish... but  when someone takes a risk on purpose, he should accept it. And you also agree repeat TK hearns someone a "punish hit".  FYI, I never heard a pilot say "sorry" and I have 10-15 second to hear it before a respawn.

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2005-10-29 11:56:35)

summoner
+0|6774
I may not be a pro in the air, but I can manage a fair bit. And I know not everyone in the skies is a pro bomber either, so as a result we might fall victim to a misplaced bomb here or there.. it is a mess, and it's part of the growing pains.  So i'm not one to punish much if a friendly plane owns me.. it happens. Just as it might happen if I was in that seat. It's a shame so few are understanding or forgiving.
But reguardless, I always appreciate one's tolerance with my mistakes if I happened to plant a bomb on their face.

When you hop in a bomber, it's more often than not so you can go bust some armor wide open. (unless you're being a tk'ing sob, but that's another story) And I know it's not easy to see all the blue on the ground when you're screaming by and looking for the glowing box of pain to drop your payload on.

However, if they're really bein sloppy about it (like tons of TK's all over the place) then they're bound to get themselves punished out of the server by people.

I mean hell, bombing isn't brain surgery, it gets messy.. we're not talking precision to the inch.. especially with cluster bombs on those F-15's and the like.

edit: as noted above, you also must keep in mind as a ground trooper, if you're near enemy armor, you are also in the strike zone for friendly aircraft, so you have to keep an eye out just as well. This is the same case in real life scenarios: heed your friend as you heed your foe.. with caution.

Anyhow, enough of my rambling.

Last edited by summoner (2005-10-29 12:00:50)

imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6782|Human Meat Shield
I hate TK's; thats really the only stat I look at.  Being on the ground constantly, you shouldn't have as many as I do. But it seems like people are quick to punish before you get to say "Sorry". TKs happen, even in real world scenerios; but I guess "sorry is a little too late"
Buzerk1
+44|6849
loll in real world, the guy doesn't have the chance to say "Sorry"... he's dead lolll (may be I should not laught on this one since it's not really funny, be the reference to real world is.)
T1mbrW0lf
+2|6809|Eastern PA
The last thing I, my Squad, or the Team needs is some point-hungry jet jockey deciding whether I'm "outnumbered" when I'm a Squad Leader and my guys are spawning on my position. If I want or need air support, I'll specifically CALL FOR IT by text or VoIP . . .

Simple fact: If you message me a "Sorry" before the TK Punish window times out - you're forgiven, at least once - and I'll even make an allowance for the overall tactical situation, or for you being too engaged with other targets to promptly reply. Conversely, if you're the type of player that uses the "Pilot role" as an excuse to be a Lone Wolf and constantly ignore support requests, you'll get far less consideration: If you haven't formed or joined a squad, then communications and / or teamwork obviously aren't much of a priority for you.

FYI - Nobody needs lots of "stick time" to judge sloppy flying ability when they're getting bombed; so forget about the "You don't fly so you can't criticize" bullshit. The difference between a pilot that does a fly-by, pulls a tight turn to set-up their run, and places one or two bombs squarely on target, vs the moron that constantly shuttles back to the base for reloads after crapping "five at a time" on whatever he thinks might be a target is obvious to anyone . . .
spage
Get Claymores, Here!
+7|6786

Buzerk1 wrote:

spage wrote:

Buzerk1 wrote:

And won't say it's an accident? Don't you?

I just hope you do the same calculation when there is one enemy tank and 2 of your guys...
The calculation is its better to have 2 TKs and one dead enemy tank than two dead teamates, they're prolly gona get ganked by the tank anyways, and you keep the enemy from having a new CP. Esspecialy if it's one of the CPs that can turn the tide of the battle, i.e. Wake if we're loosing the airfield and I have to kill some teamates to keep the enemy from capping well I'm sorry little infantry dudes but I'm gona bomb the hell out of that place.
Using that argument, if I use the AA to get a jet of your tail and I get you instead because I am sure you don't have the skill to survive him, you won't punish me as you do understand it's impossible for me to lock on you on purpose...and you won't punish me but that's another subject.

And BTW, you miss your target (as it often happen with those "topgun") and TK your people defending the flag, you just gave the other side the flag, but you are good and I'm sure it never happened to you

Or may be not... People big on planes ("TKing by accident") are also the first one to punish you for TK when the only way to get you in the air is when a AA missible lock on you by mistake.
I wait for a "Hey sorry man" if i get shot down by friendly AA I know it's FUBAR. I won't say I never miss my target but it's pretty rare, but when it happens it gets messy quick, like one day no matter what I did if i shot a missle or droped a bomb it killed a teamate, it was bad, at that point I gave up flying for like a week cause I was more of a danger than a help to my team.

Last edited by spage (2005-10-29 12:16:40)

TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6860|-
That's about eough of this thread. Buzerk1, this is your one and only warning.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard